Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Walker backs push to make Wisconsin right-to-work state

MADISON — Gov. Scott Walker backed a surprise move Friday by Republican legislators to quickly vote on making Wisconsin a right-to-work state, an action the likely 2016 presidential candidate initially suggested should be delayed to avoid re-igniting massive pro-union protests.

Walker had expressed concerns to leaders in the GOP-controlled Legislature that rushing the divisive proposal could distract from his agenda. But after a series of private meetings with lawmakers, followed by an announcement that the bill would be voted on next week, Walker's spokeswoman said he would sign it.
    Walker backs push to make Wisconsin right-to-work state

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Re: Walker backs push to make Wisconsin right-to-work state

Labor leaders plan Tuesday rally to oppose right-to-work legislation

Labor leaders are planning a rally Tuesday at Wisconsin's state Capitol to protest an effort by lawmakers to fast-track so-called right-to-work legislation.

The rally, announced on the Facebook page of the Wisconsin AFL-CIO, could indicate whether the push by the legislature will prompt the type of massive protests seen at the Capitol four years ago when lawmakers passed Act 10, another measure seen to curtail the power of the state's unions.
    Labor leaders plan Tuesday rally to oppose right-to-work legislation

3. Likes wizard, fedexnuno Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Wisconsin Could Be Right-To-Work In A Matter Of Days
    It's been more than two decades since Gov. Scott Walker (R) first pushed right-to-work legislation as a state lawmaker in Wisconsin. Now, all these years later, the famously anti-union governor may finally be getting his wish -- whether he likes it or not.

On Tuesday, the Wisconsin state Senate is slated to take up a right-to-work bill in what's known as an extraordinary legislative session. With less deliberation than normal, the GOP-controlled chamber could pass the bill this week. The measure would then move on to the state's assembly, also controlled by Republicans, which would presumably take it up in early March.

Barring a fortuitous turn of events for organized labor, the anti-union measure could reach the governor's desk next month.
    Wisconsin Could Be Right-To-Work In A Matter Of Days

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

I can only hope that we will have such a huge response in New Mexico!

About 2,000 rally against right-to-work in Wisconsin
    MADISON, Wis. — About 2,000 construction workers, electricians, carpenters and other union members rallied at the Wisconsin state Capitol on Tuesday, pushing back against a fast-tracked right-to-work bill backed by Republicans and Gov. Scott Walker.

The gathering was larger than most at the Capitol, but paled in size and intensity to protests four years ago when Walker pushed through his measure that effectively ended collective bargaining for most public workers. Those rallies lasted for weeks and grew as large as 100,000 people.

"Let's be loud today and let them hear us," Phil Neuenfeldt, president of the Wisconsin AFL-CIO, said at the rally where people — many in hard hats and union jackets — sang, chanted and held posters with phrases like "Stop the war on workers."
    About 2,000 rally against right-to-work in Wisconsin

6. Likes fedexnuno Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Walker is a Koch brother puppet..

8. Likes fedexnuno Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    Walker is a Koch brother puppet..
    For sure. And I hope the capital is flooded with continued protests.

Wisconsin Republicans worry about protest redux as right-to-work debate begins
    The state Senate Labor Committee began hearing testimony Wednesday on “right-to-work” legislation, which allows employees to opt out of joining a labor union. Republican leaders said last week they will fast-track the bill after securing the votes to pass it in the state Senate and Assembly.

The goal of moving so fast, according to state Sen. Steve Nass (R) — final passage in the Assembly could come as early as next week — is to finish the bill before protesters materialize.

“It’s prudent to not let this languish for months,” Nass told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Nass said that the protests in 2011 created an unsafe atmosphere for legislators, who had to “go through tunnels like rats” to enter the Capitol building. State Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald (R) said he would advance the bill now, earlier than initially planned, because of the threat of television advertising against it by unions and pro-labor groups.
    Wisconsin Republicans worry about protest redux as right-to-work debate begins - The Washington Post
    Last edited by ABFwife; 02-25-2015 at 09:55 AM.

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default If I Can Take On Unions, I Can Take On ISIS

Oh please!! This guy is delusional!

OXON HILL, Md. (AP) — Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker said Thursday that his experience taking on thousands of protesters in his state helped prepare him to take on terrorists across the world.

The likely Republican presidential contender sparked pointed criticism from labor union leaders across the country after remarks delivered on the first day of the Conservative Political Action Conference in suburban Washington. The annual conference features more than a dozen potential Republican presidential contenders over three days hoping to win over conservative activists.

Asked how he would handle the Islamic State group if elected president, Walker said, “For years I’ve been concerned about that threat, not just abroad but here on American soil.”

“If I can take on 100,000 protesters, I can do the same across the world,” he said.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Default Re: If I Can Take On Unions, I Can Take On ISIS

Give him a gun,helmet,uniform and a ONE way ticket to Syria..

12. Likes Walleye, Yankee, fedexnuno, slavenomore Liked this post
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    Give him a gun,helmet,uniform and a ONE way ticket to Syria..
    You forgot to give him only one bullet. He feels so tough he ought to be able to clean house with hand to hand combat.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

14. Likes slavenomore Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired; OHFL

Maybe he just lost his head when he said that.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast