Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

On A Mission

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Default Re: iran nuke deal

One of many annoying things about the GOP's stances on things,to me, is that they do not think that it's anybody's "right" to regulate or inspect anything involving business or money......yet think it's written in stone that it is our utmost duty to inspect another sovereign nations interests.
    It's hypocracy.
    It's inconsistent.
    It's a biased untrustable belief system.
    It's a castle built on sand.
    It's built on control and arrogance and selfishness.
    It no good.
    It's not our nation.
    It's not our business, it's theirs.
    On the OTHERHAND.
    ..Business and bankers are influencing OUR NATIONS politicians. It's well known of the evils, pollutions, their mistreatments of people's and their environments and basic human workers rights.........yet somehow we are supposed to allow Business to go unregulated and use and abuse ours and other people's and "deregulate". Give the businessman and banks MORE freedom and liberty.

The immediate thought which comes to mind is........TELL YOUR PARTY AND THE NATION/Religion THEY SERVE TO GO F THEMSELVES!
    The Christians dying over there die for THAT GROUPS selfish desires.IMO.
    Sayheykid and wizard like this.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    UPS Freight

A little about the man who wrote this article.

This article was translated by Ali N. Babaei.

Akbar Ganji is an investigative journalist who was imprisoned for more than six years in Iran. He currently lives in exile in the United States, and his writings have been banned in Iran. He has been named honorary citizen of many European cities. Ganji has won several international awards, including the World Association of Newspapers‘ Golden Pen of Freedom Award, Canadian Journalists for Free Expression‘s International Press Freedom Award, the Martin Ennals Award for Human Rights Defenders, the Cato Institute Milton Friedman Prize for Advancing Liberty and the John Humphrey Freedom Award

Outrageous Lies About Iran To Derail the Nuclear Agreement « Antiwar.com Blog

Netanyahu is not interested in facts. He has invented an “anti-Semitic” Iran to advance his political agenda. In a six-part series (see here, here, here, here, here, and here) I have demonstrated the falsity of Netanyahu’s invention. In particular, I have shown that even according to various reports by Jewish people themselves, Iran is not even among the top 20 anti-Semitic nations in that region, the vast majorities of whose governments are considered as the U.S. allies.
    wizard likes this.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    new penn

Quote Originally Posted by Sayheykid View Post
    A little about the man who wrote this article.

This article was translated by Ali N. Babaei.

Akbar Ganji is an investigative journalist who was imprisoned for more than six years in Iran. He currently lives in exile in the United States, and his writings have been banned in Iran. He has been named honorary citizen of many European cities. Ganji has won several international awards, including the World Association of Newspapers‘ Golden Pen of Freedom Award, Canadian Journalists for Free Expression‘s International Press Freedom Award, the Martin Ennals Award for Human Rights Defenders, the Cato Institute Milton Friedman Prize for Advancing Liberty and the John Humphrey Freedom Award

Outrageous Lies About Iran To Derail the Nuclear Agreement « Antiwar.com Blog

Netanyahu is not interested in facts. He has invented an “anti-Semitic” Iran to advance his political agenda. In a six-part series (see here, here, here, here, here, and here) I have demonstrated the falsity of Netanyahu’s invention. In particular, I have shown that even according to various reports by Jewish people themselves, Iran is not even among the top 20 anti-Semitic nations in that region, the vast majorities of whose governments are considered as the U.S. allies.
    It all depends on what you read today and how gullible you are..If you read a left leaning liberal newspaper or website then you will be thinking it is a good deal.. If you read a ultra conservative newspaper or website then you will think it is a bad deal.. IMO ANY deal with a country that says "Death to America" on a daily basis is a BAD deal.. Obama wants to make this part of HIS legacy..He is slowly destroying this once great country..

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    UPS Freight

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    It all depends on what you read today and how gullible you are..If you read a left leaning liberal newspaper or website then you will be thinking it is a good deal.. If you read a ultra conservative newspaper or website then you will think it is a bad deal.. IMO ANY deal with a country that says "Death to America" on a daily basis is a BAD deal.. Obama wants to make this part of HIS legacy..He is slowly destroying this once great country..
    I figure someone would say something as to what your saying, thats why i posted a little something about the author of the article (Akbar Ganji is an investigative journalist who was imprisoned for more than six years in Iran. He currently lives in exile in the United States, and his writings have been banned in Iran.) i figure this is about as neutral as it gets, Am sure he has no real love for the Ayatollah. And as i have stated before, if you want to know why they say "Death to America" you must look at the past, we overthrow their freely elected government in 1953 and put in a American puppet "The Shah" a ruthless dictator, as for the hostage ordeal in "79 that probably would have never happen if Carter did not give "The Shah" asylum in the US. Don't know if you did but watch the movie i posted on Iran, they want peace, and sanctions only hurt the common man/woman of any country we impose them on. look past the rhetoric.
    wizard likes this.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF Freightway

Quote Originally Posted by Sayheykid View Post
    I figure someone would say something as to what your saying, thats why i posted a little something about the author of the article (Akbar Ganji is an investigative journalist who was imprisoned for more than six years in Iran. He currently lives in exile in the United States, and his writings have been banned in Iran.) i figure this is about as neutral as it gets, Am sure he has no real love for the Ayatollah. And as i have stated before, if you want to know why they say "Death to America" you must look at the past, we overthrow their freely elected government in 1953 and put in a American puppet "The Shah" a ruthless dictator, as for the hostage ordeal in "79 that probably would have never happen if Carter did not give "The Shah" asylum in the US. Don't know if you did but watch the movie i posted on Iran, they want peace, and sanctions only hurt the common man/woman of any country we impose them on. look past the rhetoric.
    Sayheykid posted an Excellent and Compelling video about the Iranian people.People just like YOU and ME.Did anyone watch it or are we just going to be about ''Death to America'' SOUND BITES.
    Sayheykid likes this.

Jesus Christ is Lord

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Looking at the damage Iran does around the global and how much the Sunni hate them (Saudi Arabia) I would say the good people are silenced.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    new penn

Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    Sayheykid posted an Excellent and Compelling video about the Iranian people.People just like YOU and ME.Did anyone watch it or are we just going to be about ''Death to America'' SOUND BITES.
    I watched some of the video.. Just not all of it.. We are not living in the 50's anymore.. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what is going on in the world today..Sure the Iranian people are just like us BUT is their government??? Obama just gave them the keys to a nuclear bomb.. Now there is stuff put in the agreement that Kerry didn't even know.. How is THAT??? Its all about Obama's legacy.. 16 months can't go fast enough..

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    I watched some of the video.. Just not all of it.. We are not living in the 50's anymore.. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what is going on in the world today..Sure the Iranian people are just like us BUT is their government??? Obama just gave them the keys to a nuclear bomb.. Now there is stuff put in the agreement that Kerry didn't even know.. How is THAT??? Its all about Obama's legacy.. 16 months can't go fast enough..
    No one seems to addressed the issue of the sanctions and why this deal may be what the world wants.
    No other country is willing to continue the sanctions and therefore, if the deal isn't made with Iran, then how would the USA stop anything Iran does ?
    If all other countries start free trade with Iran, and Iran's pockets fill with cash, then they are also free to continue atomic research and enriching plutonium and uranium into weapons grade material, who will stop them ?
    At least we have inspections, some restrictions and many less centrifuges.
    Without a deal, and the international community's support, Iran could produce a bomb in less then a year.
    With a deal, they can't produce one.
    Words and rhetoric from their leaders mean nothing.
    Actions do.

Finally, if the USA doesn't get the needed political approval for this deal, and all the other supporting nations back out, who will support and agree to military action ( again ) in the middle east ?
    I thought we were broke anyway ... or are the grumblings we hear only from the corporate conservative military machine ?
    slavenomore and wizard like this.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    new penn

At least we have inspections, some restrictions and many less centrifuges.
    Inspections with a 24 day notice??? It should have been spot inspections with NO notice.. Iran won't agree to that because they don't want the world to know what they are doing..

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0PP2TG20150715
    Last edited by crazy; 08-03-2015 at 11:15 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 07-21-2015, 03:39 PM
  2. 07-20-2015, 05:19 PM