Thread: Sign of the Times

Jesus Christ is Lord

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Default Sign of the Times

people can no longer see the simple truth of what right and wrong anymore

Sign of the Times: Satan's Statue Rises Proudly Near Detroit River
    A Satanic organization unveiled a controversial bronze Baphomet sculpture in Detroit just before midnight on Saturday, after trying in vain to have it installed near a Ten Commandments monument in Oklahoma.
    Sign of the Times: Satan's Statue Rises Proudly Near Detroit River ? Charisma News

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    new penn

Default Re: Sign of the Times

Quote Originally Posted by strapdrager View Post
    people can no longer see the simple truth of what right and wrong anymore

Sign of the Times: Satan's Statue Rises Proudly Near Detroit River
    A Satanic organization unveiled a controversial bronze Baphomet sculpture in Detroit just before midnight on Saturday, after trying in vain to have it installed near a Ten Commandments monument in Oklahoma.
    Sign of the Times: Satan's Statue Rises Proudly Near Detroit River ? Charisma News
    It's what we call in this country freedom of religion ,expression or speech..

On A Mission

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Free Trade took over and destroyed Detroit. And in turn, many other places that supplied Detroit.
    It must be a statue of the Free Trade God.
    fxstc07 likes this.

Jesus Christ is Lord

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    it's what we call in this country freedom of religion ,expression or speech..
    no

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    new penn

Quote Originally Posted by strapdrager View Post
    no
    Not what this country stands for..Only problem is the "FAR" left are taking it to another level!!

Jesus Christ is Lord

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

John Adams stated: [I]"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
    Without a Christian world view the constitution makes no sense to any other view. What is right or wrong can no longer be determined.
    in fact many clear view of what is right is now even seen as hate or discrimination.

Jesus Christ is Lord

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

John Adams
    [I]t is religion and morality alone which can establish the principles upon which freedom can securely stand. The only foundation of a free constitution is pure virtue.

[W]e have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. . . . Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

(Source: John Quincy Adams, Letters of John Quincy Adams, to His Son, on the Bible and Its Teachings (Auburn: James M. Alden, 1850), p. 61.)
    There are three points of doctrine the belief of which forms the foundation of all morality. The first is the existence of God; the second is the immortality of the human soul; and the third is a future state of rewards and punishments. Suppose it possible for a man to disbelieve either of these three articles of faith and that man will have no conscience, he will have no other law than that of the tiger or the shark. The laws of man may bind him in chains or may put him to death, but they never can make him wise, virtuous, or happy.

Benjamin Franklin
    Signer of the Constitution and Declaration of Independence
    [O]nly a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters.

I have lived, Sir, a long time, and the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without his aid? We have been assured, Sir, in the Sacred Writings, that "except the Lord build the House, they labor in vain that build it." I firmly believe this; and I also believe that without His concurring aid we shall succeed in this political building no better, than the Builders of Babel: We shall be divided by our partial local interests; our projects will be confounded, and we ourselves shall become a reproach and bye word down to future ages. And what is worse, mankind may hereafter from this unfortunate instance, despair of establishing governments by human wisdom and leave it to chance, war and conquest.
    I therefore beg leave to move that henceforth prayers imploring the assistance of Heaven, and its blessings on our deliberations be held in this Assembly every morning before we proceed to business, and that one or more of the clergy of this city be requested to officiate in that service.

William Penn
    Founder of Pennsylvania
    [I]t is impossible that any people of government should ever prosper, where men render not unto God, that which is God's, as well as to Caesar, that which is Caesar's.
    (Source: Fundamental Constitutions of Pennsylvania, 1682. Written by William Penn, founder of the colony of Pennsylvania.)
    Pennsylvania Supreme Court
    No free government now exists in the world, unless where Christianity is acknowledged, and is the religion of the country.
    (Source: Pennsylvania Supreme Court, 1824. Updegraph v.Commonwealth; 11 Serg. & R. 393, 406 (Sup.Ct. Penn. 1824).)

WallBuilders - Historical Writings - Importance of Morality and Religion in Government

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    It's what we call in this country freedom of religion ,expression or speech..
    Exactly. We may not like it, we may find it offensive (yes, I do) but if that is taken down, then the ten commandments will also have to come down. We are allowed freedom of religion in this country and that is a good thing. Sure, some abuse it but think about if we were all forced to be Christians. Who would decide what Christian means and what denominations would be allowed? I am pretty sure my beautiful Catholic faith would be booted out, along with many other Christian denominations.
    crazy, fxstc07, Sayheykid and 1 others like this.

Jesus Christ is Lord

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Never been a problem in the past now your confused

Devil worship is BS, next.... debate over, there is nothing good or honorable here

Jesus Christ is Lord

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Church in the U.S. Capitol
    From Jefferson through Abraham Lincoln, many presidents attended church at the Capitol; and it was common practice for Members of Congress to attend those services. For example, in his diary entry of January 9, 1803, Congressman Cutler noted: "Attended in the morning at the Capitol. . . . Very full assembly. Many of the Members present." 16 The church was often full "so crowded, in fact, one attendee reported that since "the floor of the House offered insufficient space, the platform behind the Speaker's chair, and every spot where a chair could be wedged in" was filled. 17 U. S. Representative John Quincy Adams (although noting that occasionally the "House was full, but not crowded" 18) also commented numerous times on the overly-crowded conditions at the Capitol church. In his diary entry for February 28, 1841, he noted: "I rode with my wife, Elizabeth C. Adams, and Mary, to the Capitol, where the Hall of the House of Representatives was so excessively crowded that it was with extreme difficulty that we were enabled to obtain seats." 19Why did so many Members attend Divine service in the Hall of the House? Adams explained why he attended: "I consider it as one of my public duties- as a representative of the people- to give my attendance every Sunday morning when Divine service is performed in the Hall." 20

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 07-29-2015, 02:33 AM