• 3 Post By ABFwife
  • 1 Post By ABFwife

Thread: 70th Anniversary of the Bombing of Nagasaki

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    UPS Freight

Default 70th Anniversary of the Bombing of Nagasaki

Some of you may not like what this article saids, but it bring to light the role of Christianity and War.

The 70th Anniversary of the Bombing of Nagasaki | Dissident Voice

"Years ago I saw an unpublished Veteran’s Administration study that showed that, whereas most Vietnam War-era soldiers were active members of Christian churches before they went off to war, if they came home with PTSD, the percentage returning to their faith community approached zero. Daniel Hallock’s sobering message above helps explain why that is so.

Therefore the church – at least by its silence on the issue of war – seems to be promoting homicidal violence, contrary to the ethical teachings of Jesus, by failing to teach what the primitive church understood was one of the core teachings of Jesus, who said, in effect, that “violence is forbidden for those who wish to follow me”."

The last eight words saids it all for me
    fxstc07, ABFwife and slavenomore like this.

On A Mission

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Default Re: 70th Anniversary of the Bombing of Nagasaki

Another good story Kid.

My conspiracy type curiosity and inclination leads me to think there's a group of elites who really dislike Christ and what he has done to a particular religion involving genes.
    I think they have means of controlling world power for they're own heritages benefit.
    I also think they control through secret societies such as the Freemasons ( many presidents ranked high and our nation was begun with the Deist religion).
    It doesn't really matter if the world is Deist when your bloodline is of the favored tribes. Much easier to put denominations and different religions against each other ruling that club.
    Catholics and most major religions are forbidden from being Masons. Pope Leo forbade Catholics in an Encyclical. He also encouraged unions in another. He's not liked by the Protestant GOP crowd.

Anyways....that's my opinion / views...call it whatever degrading evil unamerican name ya want.
    Politically correct?
    NO.
    Hate?
    No.
    I am what I am.
    Sayheykid likes this.

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

What bothered me about this article, is just how many of those crew members that actually dropped the bomb had a choice? Probably none. And I have to wonder just how many suffered for many years afterwards because of their participation in killing so many people? During a draft, it is pretty hard to avoid the military just because you are Christian. This article does put an interesting spin on the whole Christianity situation but I personally think it is rather outlandish. Yes, I do know conservative right wing Christians that do feel it is their duty to protect their country, even at the cost of life but I also know that us Catholics are taught that violence and war go entirely against our Christian faith. I just feel like this article is trying to say that the dropping of the bomb was because of Christians. Well, I wonder how many of those Japanese that attacked Pearl Harbor were Christian men? It is a very imperfect world and their are just no easy answers.
    crazy, fxstc07 and wizard like this.

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

I found this to be an excellent blog about the whole nuclear bomb mentality. And no, it doesn't mention Christianity. Lots of people like to blame wars on religion, and yes some of them were definitely caused by the human interpretation of their religion but this nuclear build up is a war of powers.

On the A-Bomb's 70th Anniversary, Obama Wants to Spend a Trillion Dollars on New Nuclear Weapons
    News organizations love anniversary stories, and if for some reason you haven't heard, it's the 70th anniversary of when the United States dropped two atomic bombs on Japan. The first exploded over Hiroshima on August 6, and the second over Nagasaki on August 9.

Not surprisingly, there's been a proliferation of print and broadcast stories on the making of the bomb, the politics of the bomb, the dropping of the bomb, the survivors of the bomb -- you name it. The Washington Post even ran a story about a 390-year-old Japanese white pine now in the U.S. National Arboretum that survived the Hiroshima blast.

Despite all this coverage, however, I didn't notice any stories that bothered to mention the fact that the Obama administration wants the U.S. government to spend as much as $1 trillion over the next three decades on a new generation of nuclear warheads, bombers, submarines and intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs).

Isn't it time, as nutritionist Susan Powter used to say, to stop the insanity?
    On the A-Bomb's 70th Anniversary, Obama Wants to Spend a Trillion Dollars on New Nuclear Weapons:P|:PElliott Negin
    Last edited by ABFwife; 08-10-2015 at 10:20 AM.
    wizard likes this.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    new penn

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    I found this to be an excellent blog about the whole nuclear bomb mentality. And no, it doesn't mention Christianity. Lots of people like to blame wars on religion, and yes some of them were definitely caused by the human interpretation of their religion but this nuclear build up is a war of powers.

On the A-Bomb's 70th Anniversary, Obama Wants to Spend a Trillion Dollars on New Nuclear Weapons

On the A-Bomb's 70th Anniversary, Obama Wants to Spend a Trillion Dollars on New Nuclear Weapons:P|:PElliott Negin
    Most wars are over religious beliefs.. World War Two included.. The other main reason.. MONEY and POWER...

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    Most wars are over religious beliefs.. World War Two included.. The other main reason.. MONEY and POWER...
    I don't agree. I could sit here and post all day about why I disagree but I don't have that kind of time. I think it is something many people just like to shoot out of their mouths. This is a great opinion piece from what many of you have described as a far left leaning website. It is a few years old but sums up my feelings perfectly.

Is Religion the Cause of Most Wars?
    In his hilarious analysis of The 10 Commandments, George Carlin said to loud applause, "More people have been killed in the name of God than for any other reason," and many take this idea as an historical fact. When I hear someone state that religion has caused most wars, though, I will often and ask the person to name these wars. The response is typically, "Come on! The Crusades, The Inquisition, Northern Ireland, the Middle East, 9/11. Need I name more?"

Well, yes, we do need to name more, because while clearly there were wars that had religion as the prime cause, an objective look at history reveals that those killed in the name of religion have, in fact, been a tiny fraction in the bloody history of human conflict. In their recently published book, "Encyclopedia of Wars," authors Charles Phillips and Alan Axelrod document the history of recorded warfare, and from their list of 1763 wars only 123 have been classified to involve a religious cause, accounting for less than 7 percent of all wars and less than 2 percent of all people killed in warfare. While, for example, it is estimated that approximately one to three million people were tragically killed in the Crusades, and perhaps 3,000 in the Inquisition, nearly 35 million soldiers and civilians died in the senseless, and secular, slaughter of World War 1 alone.

History simply does not support the hypothesis that religion is the major cause of conflict. The wars of the ancient world were rarely, if ever, based on religion. These wars were for territorial conquest, to control borders, secure trade routes, or respond to an internal challenge to political authority. In fact, the ancient conquerors, whether Egyptian, Babylonian, Persian, Greek, or Roman, openly welcomed the religious beliefs of those they conquered, and often added the new gods to their own pantheon.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rabbi-...b_1400766.html
    Last edited by ABFwife; 08-10-2015 at 11:13 AM.

LinkBacks (?)