Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 222lifer

Thread: Labor Will Keep Up Trade Pressure on Democrats

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Labor Will Keep Up Trade Pressure on Democrats

And you know why they aren't pressuring Republicans? Because it is a complete waste of time.

Two months after the pas:Psage of con:Ptro:Pver:Psial trade le:Pgis:Pla:Ption that stirred ten:Psions with:Pin the Demo:Pcrat:Pic Party, AFL-CIO Pres:Pid:Pent Richard Trumka said or:Pgan:Pized labor has no plans to back down when it comes time for Con:Pgress to rat:Pi:Pfy pas:Psage of a sweep:Ping Pa:Pcific trade deal.

Asked if his group would ap:Pply pres:Psure to Demo:Pcrats on the is:Psue—even if it came up close to the elec:Ption—Trumka replied, “Yes.” Asked to elab:Por:Pate, he said: “You asked me if I was plan:Pning to run a cam:Ppaign against [the Trans-Pa:Pcific Part:Pner:Pship]? Yes. Is it gonna be in:Ptense? Yes. Is it go:Ping to roll out everything we have? Yes.”
    NationalJournal

Banned

Local Union
    Employer
    Roadway

Default Re: Labor Will Keep Up Trade Pressure on Democrats

question, in a perfect world of no free trade would the 1%-ers control not only prices but the entire US economy..thus the very reason for free trade. Obanana campaigned against NAFTA..it helped get him elected. He expanded free trade. A candidate who is against free trade is either lying or a moron. Trucking deregulation..I rest my case

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    question, in a perfect world of no free trade would the 1%-ers control not only prices but the entire US economy..thus the very reason for free trade. Obanana campaigned against NAFTA..it helped get him elected. He expanded free trade. A candidate who is against free trade is either lying or a moron. Trucking deregulation..I rest my case
    What you seem to be missing is the fact that no one has a problem with trade. Change the word "free" to "fair" and the problem is solved. The jobs you continue to blame being lost overseas to high taxes is a smoke and mirrors lie that is continually perpetuated by the corporate machine. I'll agree with "the Donald" on this and if these corporate thieves want to sell their foreign made junk in the states, they can pay a tariff on the goods sold. Say, 30 percent or higher. Then maybe those high (choke, gag) taxes won't seem so bad. Seems to me we spotlighted how many of these lying theives received ridiculous returns for all their whining about the high taxes they supposedly pay!

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk
    crazy likes this.

Banned

Local Union
    Employer
    Roadway

you realize of course that tariffs are negotiated and signed by the nations in the pact. The WTO has the task of being the referee. Donald Trump says what you want to hear..hello

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    you realize of course that tariffs are negotiated and signed by the nations in the pact. The WTO has the task of being the referee. Donald Trump says what you want to hear..hello
    Yes, negotiations are a part of the trade agreements. Multinational agreements anyone? The trade deficit is a joke. Playing hardball is not out of the question. Funny, we witnessed a great deal of posts from those brimming with right wing koolaid. Did you put your hands over your ears bean? We do have substantial archives of your praising the words of the right wing losers in the last two elections.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

LinkBacks (?)