Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Default Re: West Virginia prepares for a 2016 RTW fight

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    Obama's war on coal has cost thousands of good high paying union jobs in West Virginia. Result: West Virginia becomes the 26th right-to-work state with the hope of a U.S. or foreign company considering a plant in the state. Down with coal in a coal state, screw the union jobs. Obama's EPA hates union coal miners
    Those that don't wish to reduce emissions hate union coal miners bean. They hate every living creature on earth.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

bean

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    Those that don't wish to reduce emissions hate union coal miners bean. They hate every living creature on earth.

So you're okay with monster job losses in the coal industry and the Keystone Pipeline not to mention Obamacare.

You call yourself a tough talking union crusader?

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

So you're okay with monster job losses in the coal industry and the Keystone Pipeline not to mention Obamacare.

Clean air and water are a must. We can't survive without it. We can't continue to pollute our environment.

4. Likes fxstc07 Liked this post
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

We have the technology to burn coal cleanly and efficiently. Some just don't want to pony up the funds to get with the times.

bean

We have the technology to burn coal cleanly and efficiently. Some just don't want to pony up the funds to get with the times.

Obama Ramps Up War on Coal

Adding insult to bankruptcy, Jewell made the disingenuous claim the stoppage on coal production “'is not a pause on coal production,' but rather a means for the government to have more time to study the benefits of coal and its impact on the environment.’”

The benefits of coal? How about heat, light, power, modernity, jobs, and a growing economy for a start.

The Powder River Basin has over a trillion tons of coal in easily reached ribbons that are up to 100 feet in thickness. The U.S. has the technology to extract the coal in a minimally disruptive manner and to burn it in clean coal plants.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Thank you for solidifying my point bean. We have the technology. Why aren't more plants utilizing it? What percentage of the coal will be utilized by clean burn plants? Can the coal companies control who purchases their products? Here's an idea. Rather than shutter these non compliant plants, retrofit them or build new ones. One small problem there. That takes a great deal of money and damned if it doesn't create a bunch of jobs also.

This is from 2014 but shows where we are in the process.
    Attachment 801

Coal-fired power plant operators consider emissions compliance strategies - Today in Energy - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

8. Likes fxstc07 Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Thank you for solidifying my point bean. We have the technology. Why aren't more plants utilizing it? What percentage of the coal will be utilized by clean burn plants? Can the coal companies control who purchases their products? Here's an idea. Rather than shutter these non compliant plants, retrofit them or build new ones. One small problem there. That takes a great deal of money and damned if it doesn't create a bunch of jobs also.

This is from 2014 but shows where we are in the process.
    Attachment 801

Coal-fired power plant operators consider emissions compliance strategies - Today in Energy - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)
    Facts are great, especially when it shows how wrong the propaganda spin from the right can be.
    With low oil prices, which the right said would never happen, we have abundant low cost energy.
    If coal was cheaper the oil/gas products, we would see the clean burn technology in place at those coal fired plants.
    But it's not. It's all about the bottom line, corporate profits and capitalism.
    Bean's fav ... money and capitalism.
    But let's not digress, beanus still wants to live in 1916, not 2016. He wants pollution and dirty air.
    He wants dirty water.
    He wants early stage death from smog and cancer causing pollutants.
    Living in the past ... that's bean's world.

bean

The teamsters of the left, champions of Obama, high taxes and job loss for cleaner air

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

The teamsters of the left, champions of Obama, high taxes and job loss for cleaner air
    Don't get mad bro. Actually, we are for a clean environment and more jobs. It was never an issue with the coal or the pipeline themselves. The effects bean. That is the problem. My problem with the pipeline has, and always will be, the proposed route it takes, not the pipeline itself. I don't have a problem with coal either. Mine it safely. Reclaim the land. Burn it cleanly and efficiently. Not a difficult task. It is a costly one. A cost that the private entities do not wish to accept. They would rather destroy us and our environment to pad the bottom line.

It's funny you aren't a champion of Obama. He has given you another free trade agreement. He created a capitalists dream with Obamacare. Healthcare and big Pharma love him. Wall Street made a killing. Everyone is getting filthy rich except those that need money the most.

12. Likes ABFwife Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

“The hard work begins” following right to work passage

I really feel for these people, having been so close to becoming a RTW state again here in NM.
    CHARLESTON, W.Va. — While supporters of West Virginia’s right to work legislation are looking forward to new opportunities to grow the state’s economy, opponents say they’re disappointed with how the debate over the bill was carried out.

“Not only would they vote to pass right to work, but it’s the manner in which some of the people like Senator (Robert) Karnes (R-Upshur,11) and others attacked workers,” said Ken Hall, General Secretary Treasurer of the Teamsters Union of South Charleston. “It’s not something that our members are going to forget.”
    Hall was a guest on Monday’s MetroNews “Talkline.” He said one of the biggest upsets was that supporters of the bill were dishonest about labor unions.

“Anything that I’ve said about right to work or in opposition of it, I’ve tried to make it based on facts and I’ve said that from the very first day,” he said. “What concerns me is they outright lies that we’re told here and repeated.”
    And the same lies were told in my state. It is always the same scenario when they want to get RTW passed.

WV MetroNews – “The hard work begins” following right to work passage

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast