Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    bean

Default Re: West Virginia prepares for a 2016 RTW fight

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    Don't get mad bro. Actually, we are for a clean environment and more jobs. It was never an issue with the coal or the pipeline themselves. The effects bean. That is the problem. My problem with the pipeline has, and always will be, the proposed route it takes, not the pipeline itself. I don't have a problem with coal either. Mine it safely. Reclaim the land. Burn it cleanly and efficiently. Not a difficult task. It is a costly one. A cost that the private entities do not wish to accept. They would rather destroy us and our environment to pad the bottom line.

It's funny you aren't a champion of Obama. He has given you another free trade agreement. He created a capitalists dream with Obamacare. Healthcare and big Pharma love him. Wall Street made a killing. Everyone is getting filthy rich except those that need money the most.
    The air is clean enough. The coal is burned in clean coal plants. Obama politics is destroying these jobs in W Virginia. Obama has given me nothing. Trade packs have been around forever. When you blame Wall St and big Pharma you overlooked Obama

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

The air is clean enough ?
    I suppose you think the water is clean enough too ?
    Have a drink then from the Cowanas canal.
    Then take a deep breathe from the Scherer power plant in Georgia.

Among all industrial sources of air pollution, none poses greater risks to human
    health and the environment than coal-fired power plants. Emissions from coalfired
    power plants contribute to global warming, ozone smog, acid rain, regional
    haze, and—perhaps most consequential of all from a public health standpoint —
    fine particle pollution.
    Fine particle pollution from existing coal plants is expected to cause nearly 13,200 deaths in 2010.
    Additional impacts include an estimated 9,700 hospitalizations and more
    than 20,000 heart attacks per year.
    Coal, and the associated pollution from burning that coal, causes hundreds of millions of dollars in mortality, hospitalization, and lost work from health issues.

http://www.catf.us/resources/publica..._from_Coal.pdf

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    The air is clean enough. The coal is burned in clean coal plants. Obama politics is destroying these jobs in W Virginia. Obama has given me nothing. Trade packs have been around forever. When you blame Wall St and big Pharma you overlooked Obama
    You might want to read the posts you replied to. A nifty little graph that proves the coal destined for energy is not all burned by clean plants. What about the other users? They aren't all in compliance either. That all you got bro?

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

I for one think this is great! I wish they would do this every time a state tries to pass RTW. There must be something in each case that they could use to file a suit.

Teamsters file 2 suits over right to work
    That question is at the center of two lawsuits filed by the International Brotherhood of Teamsters last week contending WVU and the state Senate failed to fully comply with the state’s Freedom of Information Act.

The lawsuits name Senate President Bill Cole, R-Mercer, House Speaker Tim Armstead, R-Kanawha, WVU and Professor of Business and Economics John Deskins as plaintiffs.

In the lawsuit, the Teamsters charge political leaders concealed email communication with Deskins about right-to-work legislation. The Teamsters’ lawsuits say $17,000 in state money was used to fund a study intended to provided cover for the GOP’s anti-work objective, rather than independently studying the impact on the state’s economy or welfare of the average citizen.
    Teamsters file 2 suits over right to work | News | register-herald.com

5. Likes fxstc07 Liked this post
    bean

the GOPís anti-work objective,
    Dam republicans don't want anybody to work now. down with the republicans

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

You saying you don't believe the Teamster's bean?

Steward

Local Union
    Employer
    Nature's Best

Bean bean always stewing
    Attachment 819Attachment 820

bean

the GOPís anti-work objective,
    What kind of nonsense language is this?

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    You saying you don't believe the Teamster's bean?

You say what you gotta say. Not much different then Friedrichs vs CTA: but to undo the prevailing wage part sucks. The GOPís anti-work objective? wtf does that mean? Thank Obama's clean air green energy crap for massive job loss and the RTW push. Obama is now officially the RTW president. Most of any president

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

What kind of nonsense language is this?

You say what you gotta say. Not much different then Friedrichs vs CTA: but to undo the prevailing wage part sucks. The GOPís anti-work objective? wtf does that mean? Thank Obama's clean air green energy crap for massive job loss and the RTW push. Obama is now officially the RTW president. Most of any president
    Do you need to connect the dots?

Last edited by 222lifer; 02-21-2016 at 09:42 AM.

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    I for one think this is great! I wish they would do this every time a state tries to pass RTW. There must be something in each case that they could use to file a suit.

Teamsters file 2 suits over right to work

Teamsters file 2 suits over right to work | News | register-herald.com
    Judge Sides with Teamsters in Fight to Review WVU Right-to-Work Emails

(CHARLESTON, W.Va.) – The Teamsters Union today is lauding a court ruling that will require West Virginia University (WVU) to make available seven previously redacted emails about a report detailing the economic impact of so-called right to work (RTW). The West Virginia Legislature approved RTW legislation last month.

In a bench ruling issued this morning by Seventeenth Judicial Circuit Judge Phillip Gaujot, the court determined the Teamsters were entitled to the contents of the emails as part of a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request the union previously filed. In addition, the judge said WVU must compile a listing of documents it withheld that could fall under the FOIA request for him to review and decide whether to turn over to the Teamsters if sought.
    https://teamster.org/news/2016/03/ju...ht-work-emails

12. Likes 222lifer Liked this post

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast