Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Re: The Job-Killing Trade Deal You’ve Never Heard Of: The China Bilateral Investment

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    Low corp taxes in Ireland, a lot of US companies are fleeing to Ireland for that reason. England too, why just today I read Avon is heaving 2500 workers and moving headquarters to England. The thought of a Clinton or Trump presidency is causing an exodus of US corporate America companies to go south or abroad
    It's not what the published rate is, it's what the corporations effectively pay.
    The song and dance of corporate returns in the United States is much lower then the published rate.
    Large, profitable U.S. corporations paid an average effective federal tax rate of 12.6% in 2010, the Government Accountability Office said Monday.
    GAO: U.S. corporations pay average effective tax rate of 12.6% - Jul. 1, 2013

2. Likes crazy, 222lifer, wizard Liked this post
    bean

Default Re: The Job-Killing Trade Deal You’ve Never Heard Of: The China Bilateral Investment

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    It's not what the published rate is, it's what the corporations effectively pay.
    The song and dance of corporate returns in the United States is much lower then the published rate.

GAO: U.S. corporations pay average effective tax rate of 12.6% - Jul. 1, 2013
    So if you're in the 15% tax bracket when you have your taxes done you only pay 10% or less when you factor in deductions. That makes you feel better but you still got gooned

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

So if you're in the 15% tax bracket when you have your taxes done you only pay 10% or less when you factor in deductions. That makes you feel better but you still got gooned
    These guys feel much better bean and gooned America.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/201...x-rate-decade/

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

bean

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    These guys feel much better bean and gooned America.

Over Last 10 Years, General Electric's Effective Tax Rate Was 2.3 Percent | ThinkProgress

Tax Rate Was 2.3 Percent. It must be legit nobody went to jail

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Tax Rate Was 2.3 Percent. It must be legit nobody went to jail
    It is legit. Nothing like the BS the corporations want you to believe. Poor, poor corporations. Kinda shoots a bunch of holes in your story doesn't it bean? Unfavorable business climate my :(:(:(!

7. Likes fxstc07, wizard Liked this post
    bean

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    It is legit. Nothing like the BS the corporations want you to believe. Poor, poor corporations. Kinda shoots a bunch of holes in your story doesn't it bean? Unfavorable business climate my :(:(:(!

One not need to be an accountant to understand GE paid billions in taxes and still paid 2.3 Percent in more taxes and used every loophole to pay as little as possible. It's what I would do. As far as who has the upper hand in foreign trade I would :(:(:(-ume if the numbers are in the billions of dollars it creates more jobs in exports then it loses in imports. Like how may US jobs are created by foreign auto makers who sell cars in the US. The Honda dealer I bought from must have 50 employees, sales, mechanics etc open 6 days a week. Trade is a good thing

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Beanie!! You still have problems connecting the Dots..Start with the first Dot.. And the rest will fall into line..

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

One not need to be an accountant to understand GE paid billions in taxes and still paid 2.3 Percent in more taxes and used every loophole to pay as little as possible.
    That's another asinine statement. We all pay more in taxes then our Federal taxes. But the Federal taxes are what run this country. Big corporate America wants a say in the laws, or whatever benefits them, yet don't want to pay Federal taxes.
    It's what I would do. As far as who has the upper hand in foreign trade I would :(:(:(-ume if the numbers are in the billions of dollars it creates more jobs in exports then it loses in imports. Like how may US jobs are created by foreign auto makers who sell cars in the US. The Honda dealer I bought from must have 50 employees, sales, mechanics etc open 6 days a week. Trade is a good thing
    Trade is a good thing. Except when that trade involves a country that may subsidize their products financially, like China, or countless other Asian countries, with cheap slave labor and cheap low quality materials.
    Remember one thing too ... Honda in the USA is non-union, ( except for one distribution center here in Mt. Laurel NJ ) but in Japan, they have their unions, a much better working environment between management and worker, and CEO to worker pay scale is low compared to the astronomical wage and benefits an American CEO / executive makes.

11. Likes wizard, Sayheykid, 222lifer Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

One not need to be an accountant to understand GE paid billions in taxes and still paid 2.3 Percent in more taxes and used every loophole to pay as little as possible. It's what I would do. As far as who has the upper hand in foreign trade I would :(:(:(-ume if the numbers are in the billions of dollars it creates more jobs in exports then it loses in imports. Like how may US jobs are created by foreign auto makers who sell cars in the US. The Honda dealer I bought from must have 50 employees, sales, mechanics etc open 6 days a week. Trade is a good thing
    Those same 50 employees would be working in a GM,Ford or Chrysler dealership if there weren't any Honda's here today..

bean

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    Those same 50 employees would be working in a GM,Ford or Chrysler dealership if there weren't any Honda's here today..
    If there were no foreign competition what makes you think you'd be able to afford a GM,Ford or Chrysler. The UAW would make you pay dearly

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast