Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    bean

Default Re: This is what 30 years of China trumping the U.S. on trade looks like

The income inequality bs is a joke because there are a lot more poor people then rich people, like you should be making close to what a CEO makes. It they paid you what your are worth you need not worry, there are minimum wage laws. Hello

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

Default Re: This is what 30 years of China trumping the U.S. on trade looks like

Quote Originally Posted by strapdrager View Post
    Awe if we could only get free stuff and no cost too
    gladly take higher taxes from the working and force them to pay for all
    have government between me and my doctor to be told what services i can have
    the liberal utopia that has never worked anywhere
    Not to worry, on President Cruz's first day in office he will repeal Obamacare. He is also going to give us back our guns that Obama took from us. Isn't it surprising that as soon as the republicans started that lie that gun sales went thru the roof? The commie Obama has taken away our second amendment right to bear arms.............

strapdrager did you know that President Nixon back in 1974 sent a universal healthcare plan to congress but he couldn't get it passed? Even back then with bi-partisan support the AMA and Insurance Industry's lobby shot it down. Presidents both democrat and republican have tried to pass some form of universal healthcare only to have them stalled in congress due to special interests. President Obama is the only one who has been able to get a universal healthcare bill passed in spite of all the partisan politics. The Obama administration cited Massachusetts as a model for the 2010 Affordable Care Act, which had an individual mandate at the heart of its Supreme Court review. Gov. Mitt Romney claimed his plan was good for Massachusetts. But then the same Mitt Romney as the republican presidential candidate said that Obamacare was bad for America. Isn't it great how politicians can have it both ways.

Here is the bases of republican Nixon's plan from 42 years ago.
    Early last year, I directed the Secretary of Health, Education, and Welfare to prepare a new and improved plan for comprehensive health insurance. That plan, as I indicated in my State of the Union message, has been developed and I am presenting it to the Congress today. I urge its enactment as soon as possible.

The plan is organized around seven principles:

First, it offers every American an opportunity to obtain a balanced, comprehensive range of health insurance benefits;

Second, it will cost no American more than he can afford to pay;
    Third, it builds on the strength and diversity of our existing public and private systems of health financing and harmonizes them into an overall system;

Fourth, it uses public funds only where needed and requires no new Federal taxes;

Fifth, it would maintain freedom of choice by patients and ensure that doctors work for their patient, not for the Federal Government.

Sixth, it encourages more effective use of our health care resources;

And finally, it is organized so that all parties would have a direct stake in making the system work--consumer, provider, insurer, State governments and the Federal Government.
    Richard Nixon: Special Message to the Congress Proposing a Comprehensive Health Insurance Plan

Granted Obamacare isn't perfect nor were the universal healthcare bills proposed by Johnson, Nixon, or Clinton but at least Obama got something passed. At least insurance companies can't deny coverage for pre-existing conditions. It will be a shame if the republicans repeal it without having a better plan. It will be a shame to have them go back to square one and give the medical profession and insurance companies another 40 years to rob us blind.

3. Likes 222lifer, Sayheykid, fxstc07 Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by 2631 View Post
    Not to worry, on President Cruz's first day in office he will repeal Obamacare. He is also going to give us back our guns that Obama took from us. Isn't it surprising that as soon as the republicans started that lie that gun sales went thru the roof? The commie Obama has taken away our second amendment right to bear arms.............

strapdrager did you know that President Nixon back in 1974 sent a universal healthcare plan to congress but he couldn't get it passed? Even back then with bi-partisan support the AMA and Insurance Industry's lobby shot it down. Presidents both democrat and republican have tried to pass some form of universal healthcare only to have them stalled in congress due to special interests. President Obama is the only one who has been able to get a universal healthcare bill passed in spite of all the partisan politics. The Obama administration cited Massachusetts as a model for the 2010 Affordable Care Act, which had an individual mandate at the heart of its Supreme Court review. Gov. Mitt Romney claimed his plan was good for Massachusetts. But then the same Mitt Romney as the republican presidential candidate said that Obamacare was bad for America. Isn't it great how politicians can have it both ways.

Here is the bases of republican Nixon's plan from 42 years ago.

Richard Nixon: Special Message to the Congress Proposing a Comprehensive Health Insurance Plan

Granted Obamacare isn't perfect nor were the universal healthcare bills proposed by Johnson, Nixon, or Clinton but at least Obama got something passed. At least insurance companies can't deny coverage for pre-existing conditions. It will be a shame if the republicans repeal it without having a better plan. It will be a shame to have them go back to square one and give the medical profession and insurance companies another 40 years to rob us blind.

Big difference of what medical insurance cost in the Nixon years compared to what it cost today.. I was brought up when a doctor made house calls and I think it was like five dollars ,three if you went to the office.. When I got stupid and bought a truck I paid like $25 a month for total family coverage.. The problem with health insurance can be blamed on the lobbyists .. If it was regulated the prices would have risen with inflation. As medical cost became the norm for having employers paying the way they started looking to cut costs and sending jobs overseas became the norm for manufacturers .. Once they saw how much they could save they got greedier.. IBM a few years back was selling a program on how to outsource.. It soon was taken off the market.. One of the IBM facilities in Westchester NY was were it was written and the guy in receiving use to joke about it like it would never happen to him.. Wasn't long after that that the whole receiving dept was outsourced.. Still wonder if that guy is still laughing..

5. Likes 2631 Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

Has the cost of prescription drugs been brought up during any of the debates? Can anyone explain why congress passed a law that forbids Medicare and Medicaid from being able to negotiate prices with the drug manufacturers? Can anyone explain why the same drugs costs so much more in the US?

Here is an unpleasant example. A friend was diagnosed with internal hemorrhoids. His choice was either surgery or trying a $600 prescription for a suppository. He couldn't afford the $600 so he bought an over the counter brand at CVS. Luckily for him it worked and the pain has stopped for now.

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by strapdrager View Post
    Awe if we could only get free stuff and no cost too
    gladly take higher taxes from the working and force them to pay for all
    have government between me and my doctor to be told what services i can have
    the liberal utopia that has never worked anywhere
    It doesn't work anywhere ?
    How many European countries would you like me to say where it works perfectly.
    Yes, higher taxes are paid ... except everyone pays those taxes.
    Unlike here where the elitists get a free ride.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by 2631 View Post
    Has the cost of prescription drugs been brought up during any of the debates? Can anyone explain why congress passed a law that forbids Medicare and Medicaid from being able to negotiate prices with the drug manufacturers? Can anyone explain why the same drugs costs so much more in the US?

Here is an unpleasant example. A friend was diagnosed with internal hemorrhoids. His choice was either surgery or trying a $600 prescription for a suppository. He couldn't afford the $600 so he bought an over the counter brand at CVS. Luckily for him it worked and the pain has stopped for now.
    Trump has brought the prices of prescription drugs and Medicare up at a few of the debates,said the government needs to negotiate a better deal but that is what happens when you have lobbyists from the pharmaceutical companies. Seems he was the only one..

9. Likes 2631 Liked this post
    bean

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    2631,I feel the same way as you do.
    Trump is using this trade deficit to make his point that the only way to bring jobs back is to tackle the trade deficit..

Herman Cain talks why Trump has a high 'fear factor' | On Air Videos | Fox News
    Trump has a high fear factor, meaning he is considered a danger to the country. He thinks he's going to rule by decree like a dictator. He has to deal with a republican congress and senate that don't agree with him more then they don't don't agree with Obama. Two idiots. Trump and his tariffs won't fly. Jobs related to exports are in the millions. The worst case scenario is China and Mexico retaliate that would eliminate exports thus eliminate export jobs

American companies are sending work to China and Mexico not for just cheaper labor costs but because of high corporate taxes. Much lower corporate taxes will bring jobs back, not punishing the American manufacturers who flee because they fear a Sanders or Hillary presidency who will increase taxes. Most Americans want to buy quality stuff, cars, clothes, phones whatever, that is inexpensive and could not give a crap where it's made. I say a-gain low cost labor in high profit manufacturing is a thing of the past in America, jobs may never come back if corporate taxes are not reduced big time along with eliminating Obamacare which will drag the country down from deficits

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Beanie!! You really have to practice what you preach.. CONNECT the dots..

bean

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    Beanie!! You really have to practice what you preach.. CONNECT the dots..
    30 years of free trade has made China the largest economy in the capitalist world, connect this fact to your dot collection

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    30 years of free trade has made China the largest economy in the capitalist world, connect this fact to your dot collection
    One more time beanie!! IF China exports more than they import from the United States means there is a trade deficit.. If we export $50 billion to China and import 500 Billion that would mean that $450 billion worth of goods are now being made in China that used to be made here..Have you got your dot connecting pencil?? The dollar numbers I used are for example and not actual.. But they are close.. And Yes China is the largest economy in the world thanks to OUR imbalanced trade deals.. I hope this time you are able to connect your dots correctly.. If you don't understand this then go to Walmart and get some more of that cheap chocolate..

14. Likes 222lifer Liked this post

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast