Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Thanks Thanks:  0
LOL LOL:  0
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Bill seeks to open California health exchange to immigrants

I am open minded, I am charitable, but does the word illegal mean anything? The United States cannot take care of everyone from everywhere else when we cannot even take care of our own. Let's take care of our homeless, our unemployed, our vets and then we can worry about taking care of people that are in the country illegally. Don't forget, I lived my first 33 years of my life in that state and still have family there. The illegal issue has been overwhelming to the state of CA.

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) -- California's Legislature is considering asking the federal government for permission to sell health insurance through the Covered California exchange to people who can't prove they're legally in the country.

The measure, approved Tuesday by Democrats in the Assembly Health Committee, would extend California's recent efforts to integrate people living in the country without authorization, even as the Republican presidential primary has given new voice to critics of illegal immigration.
    Under the proposal by Sen. Ricardo Lara, D-Bell Gardens, California would seek permission from the federal government to offer insurance - but not subsidies - to people who can't prove they're in the country legally.
    "There's no rational reason, and frankly it's absurd, to deny anybody the opportunity to buy insurance through our state exchange," Lara said in an interview. "It's discriminatory and doesn't reflect our California values."

Critics say lawmakers should focus on problems affecting U.S. citizens.
    MyCapture | The Union Democrat

Oh boy, this is great!

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired

Default Re: Bill seeks to open California health exchange to immigrants

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    I am open minded, I am charitable, but does the word illegal mean anything?
    The United States cannot take care of everyone from everywhere else when we cannot even take care of our own. Let's take care of our homeless, our unemployed, our vets and then we can worry about taking care of people that are in the country illegally. Don't forget, I lived my first 33 years of my life in that state and still have family there. The illegal issue has been overwhelming to the state of CA.

MyCapture | The Union Democrat

The word illegal does not mean anything, at least to the political correct crowd.
    News organizations , The AP, USA TODAY,
    and even the Library of Congress have bowed at the alter of PC and will no longer use the term.

They will instead use softer, more gentle and less offensive terms, like undocumented, non-citizen, unauthorized,
    and (my personal favorite)..."person who entered illegally" Huh?

The people pushing this crap are wackos! Sorry, that wasn't very PC.

AP Won't Use the Term 'Illegal Immigrant' Because Of Its 'Anti-Ethnic Undertones'
    U.S. Library of Congress No Longer Allowed to Use Term

3. Likes ABFwife Liked this post