Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Taking A Stand!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Local Union
    492
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    41,944
    Rep Power
    921

    Default How to provide Medicare for all

    Since there has been so much talk about how Bernie would pay for his programs, here is one example.

    Obamacare, aka the Affordable Care Act, became law six years ago. The intention was to ensure that nearly all Americans have health insurance, while controlling costs. How did that work out?

    When the law was enacted, about 16 percent of Americans were uninsured. That has dropped to 10 percent. So instead of 50 million uninsured Americans, there are now about 30 million without insurance. That’s better, but hardly universal.
    The government now pays roughly 65 percent of health costs (including Medicare, Medicaid, government employees, and employer tax deductions). Medicare for All, according to an analysis just published in the American Journal of Public Health, would require that figure to rise to about 80 percent. But these costs would be almost totally repaid by the savings in premiums, deductibles, and other out-of-pocket costs. Moreover, with time, the greater efficiency of Medicare for All would slow health cost inflation. We could gradually adopt Medicare for All by lowering the qualifying age one decade at a time to reduce the disruption.
    https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/...lbJ/story.html

  2. Likes fxstc07 Liked this post
  3. #2
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Local Union
    641
    Employer
    Retired New Penn
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    23,172
    Rep Power
    323

    Default Re: How to provide Medicare for all

    Medicare is not free.. It is affordable though for most.. You pay into medicare just like social security during your lifetime.. Medicare stills costs those eligible a little over $100 a month that comes out of your social security check.Medicare only covers 80% and you are responsible for the other 20%.. Then you have an option of having a supplement plan that picks up the difference.. These plans can also get costly but as one ages can be very important.. These plans can run anywhere from $100 to over $300 a month.. Without a supplement plan and you get sick you could lose everything.. Like I have said before Medicare is an option but IMO it is way way better than Obamacare.. Obamacare is a total failure with the experience that my wife has had and continues to have..

  4. Likes gillholey, BilyWamBam Liked this post
  5. #3
    Not So Fast Scabs

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Local Union
    957
    Employer
    USF Holland
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    1,928
    Rep Power
    215

    Default Re: How to provide Medicare for all

    I have Medicare and pay $104 a month and since I'm Disabled Thank GOD I automatically get Medicaid as my supplemental, but I also pay for part D $27.50 monthly and pay 20% for all my scripts

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •