Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default NLRB makes new law on permanent replacements

NLRB MAKES NEW LAW ON PERMANENT REPLACEMENTS: A divided NLRB on Tuesday made it easier for unions to challenge the use of permanent replacement workers during strikes, ruling that a California continuing care facility used permanent replacements to discriminate unlawfully against union workers.
    Read more: NLRB makes new law on permanent replacements - POLITICO
    Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

NLRB Splits on Permanent Replacements Rule

Durham said the board's decision makes it “hard to envision any situation where an employer can safely decide to deploy permanent replacements.”

The split ruling also has the potential to “seriously shift the balance of power envisioned by Congress when they passed the National Labor Relations Act in the first place,” he said.

“Without the realistic threat of permanent replacements, we can expect unions to push for greater concessions in bargaining and to be more willing to deploy the strike weapon in support of those demands,” Durham said.
    NLRB Splits on Permanent Replacements Rule | Bloomberg BNA

2. Likes slavenomore Liked this post
    On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Default Re: NLRB makes new law on permanent replacements

Whatever Obama has done with the NLRB I will give him credit for. Some important things have been done for us by them.

I just wish he'd not have opened the TPP can of crud.
    It would appear that he set us up to be nuked by his support of it.
    Every good thing done by the NLRB can and will be overturned once the TPP goes thru. The Multinational Corporations will have 40% of the world to destroy anything gained....and gain so much money and power to wipe us out for good.IMO.

4. Likes ABFwife Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Re: NLRB makes new law on permanent replacements

Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    Whatever Obama has done with the NLRB I will give him credit for. Some important things have been done for us by them.

I just wish he'd not have opened the TPP can of crud.
    It would appear that he set us up to be nuked by his support of it.
    Every good thing done by the NLRB can and will be overturned once the TPP goes thru. The Multinational Corporations will have 40% of the world to destroy anything gained....and gain so much money and power to wipe us out for good.IMO.
    I totally agree.