Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Analysis: Obama’s executive order protects workers from ‘outlaw’ contractors

This is another example of why I will not vote republican ever again. They are not interested in workers rights, protecting workers, fair wages, unions. I was listening to Catholic radio a few weeks ago and the show host basically said as Catholics we have to vote for Trump because Hillary is pro choice. I am so tired of it all boiling down to that one topic with the church. Here we have a Pope that is constantly preaching about the inequality issue, constantly preaching about helping the needy. Yet even the local churches and Catholic radio are telling me I have to vote for Trump. I got so mad, when I parked my car I tore my Immaculate Heart radio sticker off of my car! And it is exactly why I am at the Episcopal church now! What does this have to do with voting Republican? Well for me, reading this article just added fuel to my fire about why no matter what anyone tells me, I am not ever voting republican again. They don't care about any of us! They care about helping the big corporation buddy's. An interesting after thought here. That show host never even mentioned Bernie's name. And any of you who have Bernie pages on your FB know that Bernie is constantly quoting the Pope! And by the way, tomorrow is the New Mexico primary and I will be voting for Bernie.

This week, corporate lobbyists are swarming Capitol Hill to persuade Republican U.S. Senators to gut one of President Obama’s most important achievements for American workers — the Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces Executive Order.

The purpose of the order should be uncontroversial. The order requires that companies seeking publicly funded contracts report any record of violating workers’ rights on the job — so that ethical employers are not subject to unfair competition from those who cut corners by illegally cheating American workers. As Obama explained at the White House signing ceremony on July 31, 2014, “Taxpayer dollars should not reward companies that break the law.”

However, the Professional Services Council — the lobby organization for major government contractors — finds this simple directive objectionable, arguing that the order is unnecessary because it “falsely presumes that there is little or no oversight of contractors’ compliance with labor laws.”
    Analysis: Obama's executive order protects workers from 'outlaw' contractors | MSNBC
    Last edited by ABFwife; 06-06-2016 at 09:21 AM.

2. Likes 222lifer Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired; OHFL

Default Re: Analysis: Obama’s executive order protects workers from ‘outlaw’ contractors

If a church wants to make political statements, they should pay taxes on ALL of their exempt holdings. Organized religion is just like any other political group it is all about money, power and dominating the lesser.

4. Likes crazy Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Re: Analysis: Obama’s executive order protects workers from ‘outlaw’ contractors

Quote Originally Posted by RedRollingRoadblock View Post
    If a church wants to make political statements, they should pay taxes on ALL of their exempt holdings. Organized religion is just like any other political group it is all about money, power and dominating the lesser.
    I do not totally agree with you. Not to go off topic here but I have only attended very poor churches here where I live. I stay away from the big mega churches. I get a lot out of my church but I would not think of telling anyone else they should be going.