Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
LOL LOL:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    Retired !

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Local Union
    107
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    16,541
    Rep Power
    360

    Default Re: Bottled Water Surpasses Soda Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    Poland Springs comes from this area....as does the Philly water. it comes from the Green Lane Reservoir. zthat is my wifes home area....not very far from where we are..Nestle bottles it's Poland Springs and other brands very close to here.
    Can't really argue except to say that is not what Poland Springs claims. All water is from Maine and 8 different spring fed sources.
    https://www.polandspring.com/our-springs/

  2. #12
    On A Mission

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A
    Posts
    14,262
    Rep Power
    930

    Default Re: Bottled Water Surpasses Soda Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    Can't really argue except to say that is not what Poland Springs claims. All water is from Maine and 8 different spring fed sources.
    https://www.polandspring.com/our-springs/
    My dad hauled the stuff part time...and I'm pretty sure they bottle it here also....I'll have to look into it more...The drivers got to keep a lot of it..damaged boxes and stuff..and they had Poland Springs labels.

  3. #13
    Retired !

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Local Union
    107
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    16,541
    Rep Power
    360

    Default Re: Bottled Water Surpasses Soda Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    My dad hauled the stuff part time...and I'm pretty sure they bottle it here also....I'll have to look into it more...The drivers got to keep a lot of it..damaged boxes and stuff..and they had Poland Springs labels.
    Bottled yes ... but not sourced from.
    As a New Penn road driver, I saw plenty of Poland Springs tankers running southbound to different bottling locations while coming down from Maine.

    As for "Aquafina" and other bottled water that says distilled, or purified, they are simply tap water.

  4. #14
    On A Mission

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A
    Posts
    14,262
    Rep Power
    930

    Default Re: Bottled Water Surpasses Soda Sales

    I forgot that a lot of it was Deer Park which he brought home.....but Poland Springs is listed.
    I'll have to dig a little deeper.
    Water is selling like hotcakes - tribunedigital-mcall

  5. #15
    Retired !

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Local Union
    107
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    16,541
    Rep Power
    360

    Default Re: Bottled Water Surpasses Soda Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    I forgot that a lot of it was Deer Park which he brought home.....but Poland Springs is listed.
    I'll have to dig a little deeper.
    Water is selling like hotcakes - tribunedigital-mcall
    Deer Park is local for us in this area.
    It's natural spring water only.
    It's also a Nestle company.

  6. #16
    On A Mission

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A
    Posts
    14,262
    Rep Power
    930

    Default Re: Bottled Water Surpasses Soda Sales

    The trucks coming by my house every day are coming from Pottstown. Not Maine. Probably 'spring 'water". But what makes it different than tap water once made sure it is safe to drink.

  7. #17
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Local Union
    641
    Employer
    Retired New Penn
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    22,916
    Rep Power
    316

    Default Re: Bottled Water Surpasses Soda Sales

    Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    Poland Springs comes from this area....as does the Philly water. it comes from the Green Lane Reservoir. zthat is my wifes home area....not very far from where we are..Nestle bottles it's Poland Springs and other brands very close to here....Niagra bottling is also nearbye. not sure what they sell.
    Green Lane Park | Montgomery County, PA - Official Website
    We used to camp a lot at Green Lane Park. My wifes drivers license still had her mom's address for a few years after marriage. County residents could camp for $5/night back then....now it's $30 I think.......but it's a nice campground. If you are into biking or walking.....the paved and other trails which are well maintained go all the way to Oaks and then if you were really into it you could go all the way to Philly.....we used to do parts at a time....park one car at the start of our day...and leave another where we'd plan on finishing.....a lot of miles of trails.
    Poland springs water used to come down from Maine in Tanker trucks.. Now I believe they use filtered water from the local supply.. Leisure time was another in the area that use to use spring water and switched to local filtered water.. It 's all about the bottom line.. When we have to buy bottled water I know my wife researches the plastic bottles they use.. they are NOT all the same..

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •