LOL LOL:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Re: Bottled Water Surpasses Soda Sales

Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    Poland Springs comes from this area....as does the Philly water. it comes from the Green Lane Reservoir. zthat is my wifes home area....not very far from where we are..Nestle bottles it's Poland Springs and other brands very close to here.
    Can't really argue except to say that is not what Poland Springs claims. All water is from Maine and 8 different spring fed sources.
    https://www.polandspring.com/our-springs/

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    Can't really argue except to say that is not what Poland Springs claims. All water is from Maine and 8 different spring fed sources.
    https://www.polandspring.com/our-springs/
    My dad hauled the stuff part time...and I'm pretty sure they bottle it here also....I'll have to look into it more...The drivers got to keep a lot of it..damaged boxes and stuff..and they had Poland Springs labels.

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

My dad hauled the stuff part time...and I'm pretty sure they bottle it here also....I'll have to look into it more...The drivers got to keep a lot of it..damaged boxes and stuff..and they had Poland Springs labels.
    Bottled yes ... but not sourced from.
    As a New Penn road driver, I saw plenty of Poland Springs tankers running southbound to different bottling locations while coming down from Maine.

As for "Aquafina" and other bottled water that says distilled, or purified, they are simply tap water.

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

I forgot that a lot of it was Deer Park which he brought home.....but Poland Springs is listed.
    I'll have to dig a little deeper.
    Water is selling like hotcakes - tribunedigital-mcall

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

I forgot that a lot of it was Deer Park which he brought home.....but Poland Springs is listed.
    I'll have to dig a little deeper.
    Water is selling like hotcakes - tribunedigital-mcall
    Deer Park is local for us in this area.
    It's natural spring water only.
    It's also a Nestle company.

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

The trucks coming by my house every day are coming from Pottstown. Not Maine. Probably 'spring 'water". But what makes it different than tap water once made sure it is safe to drink.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Poland Springs comes from this area....as does the Philly water. it comes from the Green Lane Reservoir. zthat is my wifes home area....not very far from where we are..Nestle bottles it's Poland Springs and other brands very close to here....Niagra bottling is also nearbye. not sure what they sell.
    Green Lane Park | Montgomery County, PA - Official Website
    We used to camp a lot at Green Lane Park. My wifes drivers license still had her mom's address for a few years after marriage. County residents could camp for $5/night back then....now it's $30 I think.......but it's a nice campground. If you are into biking or walking.....the paved and other trails which are well maintained go all the way to Oaks and then if you were really into it you could go all the way to Philly.....we used to do parts at a time....park one car at the start of our day...and leave another where we'd plan on finishing.....a lot of miles of trails.
    Poland springs water used to come down from Maine in Tanker trucks.. Now I believe they use filtered water from the local supply.. Leisure time was another in the area that use to use spring water and switched to local filtered water.. It 's all about the bottom line.. When we have to buy bottled water I know my wife researches the plastic bottles they use.. they are NOT all the same..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12