Thanks Thanks:  0
LOL LOL:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Having Good Health Insurance Shouldn’t Be Punished

Health care is a complex matter, one that Congress is attempting to tackle again with the rollout of the American Health Care Act (AHCA). But no matter how one might feel about the latest legislation, there should be something everyone can agree on – workers shouldn’t be punished for having high-quality health insurance benefits.

Republicans on Capitol Hill say they want to revamp health care in part because it burdens too many hard-working Americans. Then why late last week did they lead the charge against two amendments to the AHCA offered in a House committee that would have permanently repealed the so-called “Cadillac Tax” levied on such insurance plans?

This excise tax, which imposes a 40 percent surcharge on high-quality health insurance offerings often earned by union workers, hits middle-class families hard. Ultimately, it will lead to an increase in their health care plans as insurers pass along the added costs to participants.

“Congress should be looking for ways to strengthen the middle class instead of promoting policies that will ultimately take money from their hard-earned paychecks and reduce, and make more costly, the health care benefits they receive,” Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa said.
    Jim and I agree on that!!!

https://teamster.org/blog/2017/03/ha...nt-be-punished

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Default Re: Having Good Health Insurance Shouldn’t Be Punished

The so called Cadillac tax is part of Obamacare,the plan that so many say is so good..

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    The so called Cadillac tax is part of Obamacare,the plan that so many say is so good..
    Yes and many of us here have said all along that it needed some adjustments, this being one of them.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    Yes and many of us here have said all along that it needed some adjustments, this being one of them.
    Adjustments?? Because this is an item that will eventually affect you and your family?? That is the problem with Obamacare as there are things in there that will affect different people in different ways.. I have been told time and time again on how good Obamacare is but when I said it sucked I was basically called out for it.. See the so called Cadillac tax will not affect me one bit.. BUT I still say those who have insurance should not be taxed or as some say punished for it.. So you don't like the Cadillac tax and I don't like it because for the most part it is unusable with the high deductibles and I would imagine there are others that don't like it because of other provisions.. Something I agree with you on is I don't believe any insurance company should dictate to a doctor on what procedures should be done or not done.. BUT again if you know anything about Obamacare,there are many provisions that does that..

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Adjustments?? Because this is an item that will eventually affect you and your family?? That is the problem with Obamacare as there are things in there that will affect different people in different ways.. I have been told time and time again on how good Obamacare is but when I said it sucked I was basically called out for it.. See the so called Cadillac tax will not affect me one bit.. BUT I still say those who have insurance should not be taxed or as some say punished for it.. So you don't like the Cadillac tax and I don't like it because for the most part it is unusable with the high deductibles and I would imagine there are others that don't like it because of other provisions.. Something I agree with you on is I don't believe any insurance company should dictate to a doctor on what procedures should be done or not done.. BUT again if you know anything about Obamacare,there are many provisions that does that..
    The blanket statement is what caused you grief. Most agreed it was a work in progress.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    The blanket statement is what caused you grief. Most agreed it was a work in progress.
    Maybe you can explain yourself a wee bit more.. Remember you said I was a slow learner..

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

It was a failure. It was underfunded because people refused to pay and were still a target of the IRS.

A single payer system would end all union healthcare.

How Caring... Take this product or else pay massive fines....Constitutional??? BY FORCE how democratic

8. Likes crazy Liked this post
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Maybe you can explain yourself a wee bit more.. Remember you said I was a slow learner..
    Quote Originally Posted by strapdrager View Post
    It was a failure.
    Strappy got it. Maybe you can borrow his notes?

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by strapdrager View Post
    It was a failure. It was underfunded because people refused to pay and were still a target of the IRS.

A single payer system would end all union healthcare.

How Caring... Take this product or else pay massive fines....Constitutional??? BY FORCE how democratic
    That "failure" as you call it has language retained for the new offering that has moved forward.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Strappy got it. Maybe you can borrow his notes?

You said it caused me grief.. That is what I asked you to explain.. or is it you don't have one..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast