Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default 4 Places Where the Right to Peaceful Protest Is Under Attack

I think this is something that should worry all of us. This is the United States and since when can we not peacefully protest?

As the resistance to Donald Trump’s dangerous agenda has grown, so have the efforts to silence activists fighting for social, economic, and environmental justice.

In 19 states so far, Republican legislators have introduced laws that would crack down on protesters, infringing on the right to free speech, undermining democracy, and putting lives at risk. These attempts to silence dissent should be huge red flags for anyone — Democrat or Republican — who values the First Amendment rights to free speech and assembly.

No matter where you live, we can’t allow these attacks on our democracy to go unchecked. Here are just some of the threats to peaceful protest we’re up against.
    4 Places Where the Right to Peaceful Protest Is Under Attack

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Default Re: 4 Places Where the Right to Peaceful Protest Is Under Attack

so far I haven't seen the left with Peaceful protest. In fact I'd accuse them of violence to shut down free speech.

3. Likes 1484-1075, crazy Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

Quote Originally Posted by strapdrager View Post
    so far I haven't seen the left with Peaceful protest. In fact I'd accuse them of violence to shut down free speech.
    This was reported by FOX news supposedly considered the only unbiased and honest news in America

Donald Trump began his term in office as the least-liked president of the modern era, according to a recent Gallup poll: Just 40 percent of Americans see him in favorable light on the eve of his inauguration, compared to the 78 percent of Americans who viewed Barack Obama favorably in early 2009 and the 62 percent who viewed George W. Bush that way (and despite the contested nature of the 2000 election). So it wasn’t surprising that there were protests all around Washington, DC on Inauguration Day, nor even that a minority of protestors used the dissent as an excuse for violence.

Still, the vast majority of protestors, even the ones designed to be disruptive to Trump-supporting inaugural attendees, were peaceful.
    Hundreds of peaceful Trump protests overshadowed by violent acts, arrests | Fox 59

5. Likes ABFwife Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

There is a big difference between peaceful and violent protests.. When one attempts to block traffic to push an agenda I would consider that violent especially if there is someone stuck in traffic with a medical emergency ..peaceful protests are in parks or along the side of the road .. Where was Greenpeace,the author of the thread, when all the protesters at the Dakota pipeline left and leaving all their garbage all over the fields..There was more waste in that garbage and trash that could do harm to the local water supply than the pipeline could..I guess making the local government clean up their mess was revenge.. They are hypocrites..

https://images.search.yahoo.com/imag...odege_001&vm=p

Environmental Protesters at Dakota Pipeline Left Behind 250 Truckloads of Trash

KFYRTV reports that the leftists protesting at the Dakota Access Pipeline left behind 250 truckloads of trash. These are the environmental purists. Sanitation crews are working hard to get rid of the six months worth of garbage before the spring thaw.

In a month the trash could become toxic.

“Standing Rock Environmental Protection Agency and Dakota Sanitation are working together to try and advert an environmental tragedy,” says Tom Doering, Morton County Emergency Manager.
    Last edited by crazy; 04-06-2017 at 12:33 PM.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

I was just making strapdrager aware that there were peaceful protests by the left. It was reported by FOX so it must be true.

8. Likes crazy, ABFwife Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    There is a big difference between peaceful and violent protests.. When one attempts to block traffic to push an agenda I would consider that violent especially if there is someone stuck in traffic with a medical emergency ..peaceful protests are in parks or along the side of the road .. Where was Greenpeace,the author of the thread, when all the protesters at the Dakota pipeline left and leaving all their garbage all over the fields..There was more waste in that garbage and trash that could do harm to the local water supply than the pipeline could..I guess making the local government clean up their mess was revenge.. They are hypocrites..

https://images.search.yahoo.com/imag...odege_001&vm=p

Environmental Protesters at Dakota Pipeline Left Behind 250 Truckloads of Trash
    Probably no worse than any large outdoor concert. Doesn't make it right but I am just saying that should not be cause for no protests.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    Probably no worse than any large outdoor concert. Doesn't make it right but I am just saying that should not be cause for no protests.
    I think you missed the point.. And I think six months worth of trash is a wee bit more garbage than what is left over from a concert.. 250 truckloads.. Never heard anything from "Greenpeace" about that environmental problem.. I have nothing wrong with "peaceful" protests but there has to be a line drawn.. They have protests every day in front of the white house and I don't see the capital police haggling them.. As long as it stays peaceful.. The protests in Ferguson and Baltimore were anything but peaceful,the anti Trump protests at many of his pre election rallies were anything but peaceful..