Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Carhauler

Local Union
    Employer
    allied systems

Default Re: see what's in store for the American people

The Iraq war was the right thing to do and victory will be well on the way by election time. (I get my info the the sand box not the lying media) I even have a bank account in iraq and i'm invested in their stock market

Global warming is BS and is why you a paying 4 a gallon, 31,000 scientist said so
    The Bush tax cuts increase jobs and tax revenue and are and will expire soon.

Obama is a nightmare

Fish Hard Die Happy

Local Union
    Employer
    Roadway

Voting for party liners will continue to get us more of the same.
    McCain = Bush's third term
    Obama= uncertanity, but definitely no change.
    Independent= uncertainty, but no hard line affiliations.

Basically, we are in a heap of trouble.

Fish Hard Die Happy

Local Union
    Employer
    Roadway

Quote Originally Posted by chainsdraging View Post

Trust me, you are going to get it too. It will be Liberal Utopia out there.

This week they are talking about Global warming Bill that will add about 6 Trillion dollars of your tax money. meanwhile gas is 4 bucks and they say you can't drill your own.
    Life is sure to get better with this group running the free world.

534 members of congress has made your life miserable and you thought is was GB
    Even if you think Bush is not the major culprit, this piece below shows, he was never really above board to begin with.

RESUME

---------------------------------------

GEORGE W. BUSH

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue

Washington, DC 20520

---------------------------------------
    EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:

Law Enforcement:

I was arrested in Kennebunkport, Maine, in 1976 for driving under the influence of alcohol. I pled guilty, paid a fine, and had my driver's license suspended for 30 days. My Texas driving record has been 'lost' and is not available.

Military:

I joined the Texas Air National Guard and went AWOL. I refused to take a drug test or answer any questions about my drug use. By joining the Texas Air National Guard, I was able to avoid combat duty in Vietnam.

College:

I graduated from Yale University with a low C average. I was a cheerleader.

PAST WORK EXPERIENCE:

I ran for U.S. Congress and lost.

I began my career in the oil business in Midland Texas , in 1975. I bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas. The company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock.

I bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took land using taxpayer money.

With the help of my father and our friends in the oil industry (including Enron CEO Ken Lay), I was elected governor of Texas.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS GOVERNOR OF TEXAS:

I changed Texas pollution laws to favor power and oil companies, making Texas the most polluted state in the Union. During my tenure, Houston replaced Los Angeles as the most smog-ridden city in America.

I cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas treasury to the tune of billions in borrowed money.

I set the record for the most executions by any governor in American history.

With the help of my brother, the governor of Florida , and my father's appointments to the Supreme Court, I became President of the United States, after losing by over 500,000 votes.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS PRESIDENT:

I am the first President in U.S. history to enter office with a criminal record.

I invaded and occupied two countries at a continuing cost of over one billion dollars per week.

I spent the U.S. surplus and effectively bankrupted the U.S. Treasury.

I shattered the record for the largest annual deficit in U.S. history.

I set an economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12-month period.

I set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12-month period.

I set the all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the U.S. stock market. In my first year in office, over 2 million Americans lost their jobs and that trend continues.

I'm proud that the members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in U.S. history. My 'poorest millionaire, ' Condoleezza Rice, has a Chevron oil tanker named after her.

I set the record for most campaign fund-raising trips by a U.S. President.

I am the all-time U.S. and world record -holder for receiving the most corporate campaign donations.

My largest lifetime campaign contributor, and one of my best friends, Kenneth Lay, presided over the largest corporate bankruptcy fraud in U.S. history, Enron.

My political party used Enron private jets and corporate attorneys to assure my success with the U.S. during my election decision.

I have protected my friends at Enron and Halliburton against investigation or prosecution. More time and money was spent investigating the Monica Lewinsky affair than has been spent investigating one of the biggest corporate rip-offs in history. I presided over the biggest energy crisis in Supreme CourtU.S. history and refused to intervene when corruption involving the oil industry was revealed.

I presided over the highest gasoline prices in U.S. history.

I changed the U.S. policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.

I appointed more convicted criminals to my administration than any President in U.S. history.

I created the Ministry of Homeland Security, the largest bureaucracy in the history of the United States Government.

I've broken more international treaties than any President in U.S. history.

I am the first President in U.S. history to have the United Nations remove the U.S. from the Human Rights Commission.

I withdrew the U.S. from the World Court of Law.

I refused to allow inspector's access to U.S. 'prisoners of war' detainees and thereby have refused to abide by the Geneva Convention.

I am the first President in history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 US election)

I set the record for fewest numbers of press conferences of any President since the advent of television.

I set the all-time record for most days on vacation in any one-year period. After taking off the entire month of August, I presided over the worst security failure in U.S. history

I garnered the most sympathy ever for the U.S. after the World Trade Center attacks and less than a year later made the U.S. the most hated country in the world, the largest failure of diplomacy in world history.

I have set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously protest me in public venues (15 million people), shattering the record for protests against any person in the history of mankind

I am the first President in U.S. history to order an unprovoked, preemptive attack and the military occupation of a sovereign nation. I did so against the will of the United Nations, the majority of U.S. Citizens and the world community.

I have cut health care benefits for war veterans and support a cut in duty benefits for active duty troops and their families in wartime.

In my State of the Union Address, I lied about our reasons for attacking Iraq and then blamed the lies on our British friends.

I am the first President in history to have a majority of Europeans (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and security.

I am supporting development of a nuclear 'Tactical Bunker Buster,' a WMD.

I have so far failed to fulfill my pledge to bring Osama Bin Laden to justice....dead or alive.

I failed to capture the anthrax killer who tried to murder the leaders of our country at the United States Capital building. I have no leads and zero suspects.

In the 18 months following the 9/11 attacks I have successfully prevented any public investigation into the biggest security failure in the history of the United States.

I removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any other president in U.S. history.

In a little over two years created the most divided country in decades, possibly the most divided the U.S. has ever been since the Civil War.

I entered office with the strongest economy in U.S. history and in less than two years turned every single economic category heading straight down.

RECORDS AND REFERENCES:

All records of my tenure as governor of Texas are now in my father's library, sealed and unavailable for public view.

All records of SEC investigations into my insider trading and my bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.

All records or minutes from meetings that I, or my Vice-President, attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review. I specified that my sealed documents will not be available for 50 years.

For personal references please speak to my daddy or uncle James Baker (they can be reached at their offices of the Carlyle Group for war-profiteering.)

I’ll never be impeached !!!!! and will have a rich retirement paid for by YOU the American Taxpayer …… for life…I am a lifelong Republican who doesn’t believe in government handouts… except for the RICH.

Fish Hard Die Happy

Local Union
    Employer
    Roadway

The Iraq war was the right thing to do and victory will be well on the way by election time. (I get my info the the sand box not the lying media) I even have a bank account in iraq and i'm invested in their stock market
    The war is a quagmire. There is no victory in sight. You can't beat an enemy that you can't identify outright. This is the lesson Bush didn't learn from Vietnam.

You have bank and investment accounts in Iraq? I guess you have the same type of insider information, that all the other Republican cronies have?
    Global warming is BS and is why you a paying 4 a gallon, 31,000 scientist said so
    I agree, Global warming is BS, but that's not why gas is going higher every day.
    Why is it that diesel costs more than gas, yet it's cheaper to refine?
    The Bush tax cuts increase jobs and tax revenue and are and will expire soon.[/
    If the tax cuts increase jobs and revenue, then how come 3 million (and growing) Americans have lost their jobs since 2002? If people are unemplyed, where does that tax revenue come from?
    If companies are going overseas, where does that tax revenue come from?

It seems my friend, you are just hoisting yourself up by your own petard.

"Finally"

Local Union
    GCC/IBT
    Employer
    Avery Dennison

Froggie, you're wasting your breath. The hardcore Rush babies only believe what is spoon fed to them by the drug-addled talkmeister himself. Actually, I was more for Hillary, mostly because I knew how much that would have pissed off the right-wingers. You are right in that this country could never survive a McCain presidency, since it would be 4 more years of this horrible fiasco we've had for the last 8 years.

Resistance is futile.

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC-Roadway

The Bush tax cuts increase jobs and tax revenue and are and will expire soon.

Obama is a nightmare
    I think the Global warming and Al Gore is all junk, but I did not see in this article, Scientists sign petition denying man-made global warming - Telegraph where this is causing the high energy costs.

I also think the Iraq war was the right thing to do as getting rid of Rumsfeld was the right thing to do. I am sad it took so much political pressure to get him gone. Since the war is going so much in the right direction.

Carhauler

Local Union
    Employer
    allied systems

Bush had a similar problem with Donald Rumsfeld and generals who would not adapt to insurgents who did not wear uniforms and hid among the people. Bush finally replaced Rumsfeld and found his Generals in David Petraeus and Ray Odierno. The counterinsurgency strategy they employed made quick work of our enemies in Iraq.
    Back in the U.S., however, liberal opposition to the war has at times reached hysterical levels and threatened to unravel all that we sought to achieve. Some things do not change. They have been acting this way since our days in Vietnam. And like our experience there, instead of finding ways to win they sought the worst possible outcome by unilateral surrender.
    Liberals have never considered Bush a legitimate president. They have never gotten over the myth that the 2000 election was stolen. For them, Bush's decision to enter into an elective war that took longer than expected was just too much. His presidency is too emotional a subject for them, and reasoning with them about any aspect of it has become nearly impossible. But for anyone who still cares and is willing to listen, what we are seeing in Iraq today is exactly what we set out to accomplish from the beginning -- establish a beachhead for democracy in the Middle East.
    link

Carhauler

Local Union
    Employer
    allied systems

Don't look now but there is a crack forming in the Liberal Media

The Iraqi Upturn

Don't look now, but the U.S.-backed government and army may be winning the war.

It ends nicely

If the positive trends continue, proponents of withdrawing most U.S. troops, such as Mr. Obama, might be able to responsibly carry out further pullouts next year. Still, the likely Democratic nominee needs a plan for Iraq based on sustaining an improving situation, rather than abandoning a failed enterprise. That will mean tying withdrawals to the evolution of the Iraqi army and government, rather than an arbitrary timetable; Iraq's 2009 elections will be crucial. It also should mean providing enough troops and air power to continue backing up Iraqi army operations such as those in Basra and Sadr City. When Mr. Obama floated his strategy for Iraq last year, the United States appeared doomed to defeat. Now he needs a plan for success.
    link

HBF
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF/051 retired

Quote Originally Posted by Animo View Post
    The war is a quagmire. There is no victory in sight. You can't beat an enemy that you can't identify outright. This is the lesson Bush didn't learn from Vietnam.
    Animo now you know that he wasn't there so how could he learn anything about it other than how to avoid one.

Carhauler

Local Union
    Employer
    allied systems

Looks like there maybe an Iraq you have not been told about

Kurdistan Skyline
    Photo by Susan Meiselas
    Luxury houses are being built on the main road north of Shaqlawa. Less than three hours from Baghdad, business is blooming—not "booming," the fixer/driver Hameed carefully insists.
    Read the story /02/19/US-Oil-Plans-in-Kurdistan');

Metering Station
    Photo by Susan Meiselas
    The metering station at the pipeline in Zakhu. No Kurdish oil may flow through here, only oil that is owned by the Iraqi central government.
    Read the story

The Two Iraqs
    Photo by Susan Meiselas
    In Erbil, near the Sheik Allah cemetery, rises the $1 billion Nishtiman Shopping Mall. The first of five construction phases was completed in 2007, with 800 shops and 400 offices.
    Read the story

Business Photo Slideshows - Portfolio.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast