LOL LOL:  0
    On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Default Dr. Dao Was Brutalized By Deregulation

Dr. Dao Was Brutalized By Deregulation - PaulCraigRoberts.org
    Thinking about Dr. Daoís brutalization by United Airlines, I have concluded that it follows from airline deregulation. Those whose experience of airline travel is limited to the deregulated era have no idea how superior the experience was under regulation. What deregulation has done is to force everything down to the bottom line. Nothing else is important.
    In the regulated era, flights were not overbooked. Flights are overbooked today because the airlines want every seat filled and assume that some passengers wonít show up. When they all show up, there is a problem.
    In the regulated era, service was excellent. Even coach passengers were served hot meals if their flights coincided with meal times.
    There were spare parts and mechanics on hand and even spare airplanes. If your airline could not get you to your destination on one of their aircraft, you could use your ticket on any other airline.
    If you could not make your flight, your ticket was fully refundable.
    You could change your plans and rebook for a later or sooner departure without charge. Today change charges can approach the ticketís purchase price.
    On international flights you were allowed three free stopovers at no extra charge.
    I could go on.
    This outstanding service was possible because the airlines were regulated. Consequently, the airlines competed on service.
    Now I've probably only heard this bold printed line on my dock by old guys...and on this site...so I take this story as TRUTH.
    From 'the father of Reaganomics"...no less.

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Default Re: Dr. Dao Was Brutalized By Deregulation

For my generation, life in America today is barbaric.
    There I the result of allowing the businessmen rule the world on their own.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Default Re: Dr. Dao Was Brutalized By Deregulation

Hey Slave, replace the word "airlines" with "trucklines" and really trouble your mind.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 222lifer; 04-17-2017 at 08:56 PM.

4. Likes crazy, fxstc07, slavenomore, ABFwife Liked this post