Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Default Disrespecting our flag

I put this in the Political forum because I do believe that if you disrespect our flag and what it stands for you are making a political statement.. The fact that the media last year was full blown on Colin Kaepernick while he made his political statement now is coming back to kick him in the :(:(:(.. Talk about Karma.. IMO I would wish that he never returns to Pro football..

Guess who can’t find a job – Colin Kaepernick – We Are The Republicans

Guess who can’t find a job – Colin Kaepernick April 21, 2017 Culture

Colin Kaepernick has certainly been having a hard time finding a new job for the 2017 season, Sandra Smith reporting for Fox News confirmed on the early USA Today.

Citing an anonymous general manager from one of the teams in the NFL’s American Football Conference (AFC) told Bleacher Report that Kaepernick has three huge points working against him.

The Gm said, “70 percent of teams genuinely hate him, and can’t stand what he did.”

“They think showing no interest is a form of punishment,” the manager said. “Some teams believe Kaepernick cannot play at a high level anymore,” added the GM.and others fear fan backlash if they were to sign him to their roster, the manager added.

Finally, he said, “teams fear fan backlash if they were to sign him to their roster.”

He can not play, they hate him and the fans hate him. Sounds like the welfare line is calling Colin. So Colin did what any coward would do.

Colin will no longer continue his disgusting national anthem protest next season. Yes, Colin will stand for the anthem in 2017.

2. Likes 222lifer Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Re: Disrespecting our flag

Don't feel sorry for him. He made his choice.

4. Likes 222lifer Liked this post
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Enjoy your freedom Colin. You are free to make the choice and free to deal with the consequences.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

I blame the media for making it an issue. I couldn't care less if he stands sits,kneels or knots his fro. It's his right but he is now paying the consequences for his disrespecting the flag. Wearing cops are pigs socks during practice says it all. I hope no team signs him so he can devote all his time and millions to his activism.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired; OHFL

Of course you are aware that there is several reports with videos of Our Exalted Leader being reminded by the First Lady reminding Him to place his hand over his heart at the Easter festivities a few days ago.

Is that not being disrespectful?

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

I stand if the anthem is played...but have no real patriotic feelings on it...the country's been a mess my whole life and sometimes don't feel the respect is earned. I'm not into the military. And I'm not a big cop fan....Vietnam was underway when I was born...and 'patiotism' was being watered down since then.....wars invading other nations is all we've had...and I never approved...not seeing how union people and the types of people I was raised around have been treated my whole life....I will admit that I know nothing of how the rest of the world lives...but I do know that I don' like the ways our own nation has changed my whole life. The flag thing is no big deal to me........globalism and cheap goods and everybody elses country has taken precedence over our own by the very people who hold the flag high.

9. Likes Sayheykid Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    UPS Freight

To many people around the world and here in America that flags does not stand for "Free and Liberty" but for "Repression" and "Dominants"

"Howard Zinn
    “If patriotism were defined, not as blind obedience to government, not as submissive worship to flags and anthems, but rather as love of one's country, one's fellow citizens (all over the world), as loyalty to the principles of justice and democracy, then patriotism would require us to disobey our government, when it violated those principles.”

Also.....

"Dissent is the highest form of patriotism."

11. Likes slavenomore Liked this post