Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
    On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Default Entire Senate Called To Whitehouse For North korea Briefing

Entire Senate being called to White House for North Korea briefing
    The entire U.S. Senate has been invited to the White House for a briefing Wednesday on the North Korea situation, amid escalating tensions over the country’s missile tests and bellicose rhetoric.
    White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer confirmed the upcoming briefing, for all 100 senators, on Monday.
    Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Joseph Dunford and Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats plan to provide the update to lawmakers.
    It is rare for the entire Senate to be invited to such a briefing.*
    Spicer clarified that while the event will take place on the White House campus, it is technically a Senate briefing and Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., is the one who convened it.
    It doesn't sound good to me.

It's 5 o'clock somewhere

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired

Default Re: Entire Senate Called To Whitehouse For North korea Briefing

I think the "failed missile test" by North Korea last week was not a failure at all. I believe the North Korea missile was shot down by
    our military. Of course North Korea would never admit this.

3. Likes slavenomore Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by x475 View Post
    I think the "failed missile test" by North Korea last week was not a failure at all. I believe the North Korea missile was shot down by
    our military. Of course North Korea would never admit this.
    I am not sure it was shot down but there has been lot of talk about cyber.. If they can give the missile a virus then why cant they give that little fat guy a virus like he gave his brother..

5. Likes ABFwife Liked this post
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired

Maybe they can give the little fat guys missile a "U-turn" virus !

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by x475 View Post
    Maybe they can give the little fat guys missile a "U-turn" virus !
    Only thing I don't like about that is all the innocent people that would die as a result. I think we need to get rid of the guy for sure!

8. Likes fedexnuno Liked this post
    On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Former Pentagon official tells Senate hearing North Korea 'denuclearization is unlikely'
    t the same time, senators were told the U.S. needs to consider diplomacy as a solution to limit the North Korean threat but also must accelerate defensive options, including its regional missile defense systems with allies such as Japan and South Korea as well as the U.S. homeland itself. They indicated that more focus on defensive systems was a prudent strategy in case diplomacy fails with Pyongyang.
    Yet the military option should remain on the table too, experts said. They said the U.S. could target missile launch facilities in North Korea or other key military installations but the possibility of eliminating all the nuclear locations is challenging at best.
    "The nuclear targets themselves have become more numerous," said Princeton's Friedberg, who previously served as a deputy assistant for national security affairs in the office of Vice President Dick Cheney. "North Koreans are starting to develop mobile ballistic missiles. The problem with preempting or attacking in a preventative way and destroying the North Korean nuclear capabilities is only getting worse."
    That said, experts also testified there's a very high risk with U.S. military action against North Korea because it could result in the Pyongyang regime launching a retaliatory strike with conventional weapons against South Korea and Japan as well as lead to Chinese military intervention on the Korean Peninsula.
    "We should not kid ourselves here," said Magsamen. "A conflict on the peninsula would be unlike anything we have seen in decades. North Korea is not a Syria. It's not an Iraq. The consequences could be extremely high."
    Furthermore, she added, "We are going to face a very stark choice at some point in the future – probably in the next five years about an ICBM reaching the United States."
    Who knows what they do next?

I heard that Mattis is puffing his chest out at Russia for selling arms to the Taliban also....sorry...we are broke....Time to come home until we are zero debt is my opinion....too much money which could be used for other things being spent....You cannot police the world at $20 trillion in debt. Matter of fact it makes us look stupid as hell imo.

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

I think DC is maybe making the biggest mistake ever if somehow somekind of vote is gonna take place on war.
    We are a divided nation. And war isn't gonna bring us together. It will probably bring riots. opposing groups....and could even make the bigining of the end. This is not the peace love and happiness hippie love generation....this is generations going back to people in their 50's who have been very divided and screwed by various politics. This is not a generation which has been majority Christian...we are divided.....and Korea, Islam, China, Russia.....they all know it.........
    The best plan imo would've been to close up the bprders. To trade and immigrants....and re-establish a unity....union manufacturing which doesn't require college debt nor education would help unify....get rid of the debt...get rid of the banks...define who we are better......this hodgepodge of everybody believeing differently will do us in in war......we were never so in-Christian.......and the divisions may do us in if we go to war....stablitiy here should be the focus....and butt out of the world's business till then.

11. Likes fedexnuno, 222lifer, ABFwife Liked this post
    On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

I think Russia's RT was quickest to get the news out...way to go US media.
    https://www.rt.com/usa/386266-senate...g-white-house/
    All 100 US senators met together with President Donald Trump and White House officials, where options for addressing North Korea were outlined, among them reportedly being placing North Korea on a list of state sponsors of terrorism.
    The meeting lasted around 14 minutes, according to reports.
    A White House official said putting North Korea on a list of state sponsors of terrorism was "one of the things" being considered, Bloomberg News reported.
    Commenting on the recent North Korean military parade, a White House official said at the briefing, "Even the tires are not made in North Korea," according to Bloomberg.
    Senator Chris Coons (D-Delaware) found the meeting "sobering," CNN reported.
    "We were not presented with any specific military options and I wouldn't talk about them if we were," Sen. Coons told White House reporters, according to Bloomberg.

Senator Chris Van Hollen (D-Maryland) told CNN the meeting covered many topics already reported in the media According to joint statement from Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, Secretary of Defense James Mattis, and Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats, released at the conclusion of the meeting, President Trump "aims to pressure North Korea into dismantling its nuclear, ballistic missile, and proliferation programs by tightening economic sanctions and pursuing diplomatic measures with our allies and regional partners."*
    Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Joe Dunford also attended the meeting, the statement says.
    The statement also stresses a US alliance with Japan and South Korea in its strategy for North Korea.

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Let's not forget the Bush administration removed North Korea from the list of country's that support terrorism.

As for the news about the meeting today, I am sure I heard about it yesterday.

With all the loose canons around the world today, which one will eventually be singled out for that so called preemptive strike ?