Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Thanks Thanks:  0
LOL LOL:  0
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Trumpís ego puts the health care of millions at risk

A couple of months ago, I made a vow to stay away from politics on this site and for the most part I have. But sometimes you see things happening that affect so many Americans in a negative way. I am not the type to keep my mouth shut when this happens. After all, I am an Irish woman! This whole health care issue is one of those issues where I will not keep quiet. Health care should not be a luxury!

Friday, Congress passed a five month spending bill that, among other things, forced Trump to back away from his threat to cut off healthcare subsidies to low income people covered by Obamacare.

Representatives passed the measure after catching heck from constituents who blasted them for wanting to kill Obamacare and after looking out their windows and seeing hundreds of thousands of people protesting Trumpist policies.

Trump looked only in the mirror and saw someone forced to compromise, which goes against his perception of himself as a super macho strongman who always gets his way.
    So over the weekend Trump began to strong arm Republicans to resurrect their plan to kill ObamaCare altogether. It would cut millions of people off Medicaid and hand control over Americaís health care system back to the insurance industry.
    Trump’s ego puts the health care of millions at risk – People's World

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Default Re: Trumpís ego puts the health care of millions at risk

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    A couple of months ago, I made a vow to stay away from politics on this site and for the most part I have. But sometimes you see things happening that affect so many Americans in a negative way. I am not the type to keep my mouth shut when this happens. After all, I am an Irish woman! This whole health care issue is one of those issues where I will not keep quiet. Health care should not be a luxury!

Trump’s ego puts the health care of millions at risk – People's World

I see there are two ways to look at it.. Another interpretation of what is exactly is happening.. From what I have read no one is gonna lose insurance..

How the Republican bill would change Obamacare - May. 4, 2017

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    I see there are two ways to look at it.. Another interpretation of what is exactly is happening.. From what I have read no one is gonna lose insurance..
    And this is good ?
    States could get waivers that would allow carriers to set premiums based on enrollees' medical backgrounds under several circumstances. Those enrollees would have to have let their coverage lapse, and the state would have to set up a risk program -- such as a high-risk pool -- that, in some cases, could provide help to those being charged higher premiums.
    Or this ?
    Eliminating these two provisions could lower premiums somewhat and give consumers a wider choice of plans. But it would also make it harder for people to buy comprehensive coverage and weaken the protections for those with pre-existing conditions.
    Most of us older folks have pre-existing conditions. And lower, or less income. We will pay more, or be uninsured.

High risk pools don't fix a problem, it only throws people into a program that eventually charges you a higher rate.
    For instance, New Jersey auto insurance program for high risk drivers. It doesn't work, simply because those people that need it can't afford the stupid money to purchase a policy.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    And this is good ?
    To the fact that no one will lose his or her insurance?? that alone if true is a good thing..

Most of us older folks have pre-existing conditions. And lower, or less income. We will pay more, or be uninsured.
    From what I have read as far as the pre existing conditions thing goes and I know I could be wrong but it is those that don't want insurance or for some reason didn't have insurance and now that they found out they have a medical problem they now want to sign up for insurance.. There are two ways to look at this whole thing..

As far as pre existing medical conditions go I can tell you that it doesn't stop with Obamacare.. Being on medicare I have my supplemental insurance through the Teamsters.. My supplemental rates have been going every year because I have made a few medical claims.. See when you you have a medical condition the insurance company knows.. I am no longer in a position to change insurance.. Because I would have to tell new company what I have.. So either way you are screwed ...

As far as higher rates for high risk goes,I personally don't think there should be one but looking at it from a company side I can see why they want them.. here is an example,if you owned an insurance company and you had a driver that needed to be insured because the government said so and this driver had an accident every month would you as the insurer want to charge him the same as the guy down the street that doesn't have any claims..In the end it will be the claim free people that will start paying for all the claims the other guy generated.. Is there really an answer that will make everyone happy?? I highly doubt that..

Not So Fast Scabs

Local Union
    Employer
    USF Holland

Being on Medicare or medicaid will not be affected...having employer insurance are not affected...those who choose not to pay the HIGH COST of it are....

6. Likes crazy Liked this post
    Not So Fast Scabs

Local Union
    Employer
    USF Holland

Being I'm on Disability for a traumatic Brain Injury, c2 fx, arthritic knees, and depression, anxiety does that mean I have a pre existing condition? I'm on Medicare which is 80-20 so no fears for the disabled...I'm covered for 80% anyway....but I live HIGH ON THE HOG after working 60 hours a week for 20 years cus I don't Qualify for Medicaid for my other 20%…I think central states should let me buy a supplemental policy since I'm on Disability being they won't give me my pension disability thanks to YRC!!!