Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
LOL LOL:  0
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default White House formally backs plan to transfer air traffic control system to private cor

I try to post as few political posts as possible as we already have an overload of such posts on this site but some things just have to be posted.

The White House on Monday formally endorsed a plan to spin off more than 30,000 federal workers into a private, nonprofit corporation, separating the nation’s air traffic controllers and those who work on a $36 billion modernization program from the Federal Aviation Administration.

The Trump administration proposal essentially is an endorsement of a plan that failed to gain sufficient traction in Congress last year. It is in keeping with the desire of the administration and congressional Republicans to streamline government and transfer some functions into private hands.

President Trump said that during the Obama administration, the FAA “didn’t know what the hell they were doing” in spending $7 billion to modernize the aviation system.

His proposal would transfer all air traffic control assets — control towers, routing centers and several billion dollars in tracking systems — to a private, nonprofit corporation without charge. Removing air traffic control operations from the FAA would allow it to focus solely on its role as a safety regulation, according to an administration blueprint of the plan.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.f81e2db8214d

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Default Re: White House formally backs plan to transfer air traffic control system to private

From what I have read on this is that it has the backing of the air traffic controllers union.. Nothing wrong with putting the best technology available.. I fly a few times a year and I know somewhere along the line the prices of tickets will go up.. But why should the American taxpayer who never flies have to use his tax dollars for something they will never use.. And it is not the same as was proposed in the past where I believe it was one of the big aircraft companies wanted to privatize it for profit.. This is a non profit move..

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Re: White House formally backs plan to transfer air traffic control system to private

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    From what I have read on this is that it has the backing of the air traffic controllers union.. Nothing wrong with putting the best technology available.. I fly a few times a year and I know somewhere along the line the prices of tickets will go up.. But why should the American taxpayer who never flies have to use his tax dollars for something they will never use.. And it is not the same as was proposed in the past where I believe it was one of the big aircraft companies wanted to privatize it for profit.. This is a non profit move..
    Sorry, non-profit horsesh** !
    What sector has benefited from privatization ?
    The trucking companies ?
    Telecom ?

The union may agree, but I am suspicious of any attempt to privatize.

Next we will privatizing all the roads so they can perform the infrastructure works that is needed.
    Can you say "toll roads" everywhere ?

Privatization means ... bend over, the shaft will follow.