Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
LOL LOL:  0
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Trump Labor Dept. takes first step toward yanking overtime pay rule

I don't even have any comments left in me this president has done so complete the opposite of everything he promised. But I was smart enough to not vote for him! So I really can comment all I want.
    WASHINGTON (PAI) — The Trump administration’s Labor Department has taken the first step toward yanking the new overtime pay rule – a rule that doubled the wage ceiling under which workers were eligible for overtime, making millions of more people qualify for overtime.

The Labor Department sent a request to the Trump White House’s Office of Management and Budget on June 27, asking OMB to put out “a request for information on defining and delimiting the exemptions” from overtime pay “for executive, administrative, professional, outside sales and computer employees.”

In plain English, what the Labor Department wants OMB to do is to open the new rule up to corporate challenges.

After years of lobbying by workers and their allies, the Obama administration’s Labor Department increased the wage ceiling for workers eligible for overtime from just over $23,000 to $47,476 yearly. It was the first such hike in a decade
    Trump Labor Dept. takes first step toward yanking overtime pay rule – People's World

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Default Re: Trump Labor Dept. takes first step toward yanking overtime pay rule

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    I don't even have any comments left in me this president has done so complete the opposite of everything he promised. But I was smart enough to not vote for him! So I really can comment all I want.

Trump Labor Dept. takes first step toward yanking overtime pay rule – People's World

Yup he keeps breaking promises..