• 3 Post By 2631

Thread: Veterans to lose big time if Trump tax plan passes

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Veterans to lose big time if Trump tax plan passes

This is really not cool at all!

Out-of-work veterans gathered to protest the Nabisco/Mondelez maneuver last year to export production of its iconic Oreo brand to Mexico. The Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers Union said out of the hundreds of jobs lost, a large percent were veterans.
    Anthony Thomas, a machine operator on the Oreo line, told People’s World that he was making $26 an hour when he was laid off last year. The Mexican worker who now operates the same machine Thomas did, mixing the gooey filling that has delighted generations of Oreo fans, is making only $1 per hour, according to Thomas’ union.

At the rally, Gebre brought the tax issue back to the veterans: “Brothers and sisters, as we are speaking here today, the powers-that-be are trying to reward the wealthiest one percent, not the one percent who fought for this country—this is not a tax reform bill, it is a ‘stealing money from working people bill,’” he declared.
    Veterans to lose big time if Trump tax plan passes – People's World
    2631 and fedexnuno like this.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    new penn

Default Re: Veterans to lose big time if Trump tax plan passes

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    Maybe you can point out where the "tax" bill is going to allow jobs to leave this country.. More lies.. But that is what it seems the liberal media does and the sheeple follow..

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    Maybe you can point out where the "tax" bill is going to allow jobs to leave this country.. More lies.. But that is what it seems the liberal media does and the sheeple follow..
    Is that all you do is go through the threads looking for a place to slam democrats? I do my best to post information that affects those of us on this site and outside of the site. And I have been doing that for 8 years now. Maybe you might want to step in and do the same. Instead of slamming everyone else's posts, post a rebuttal with actual fact behind it.
    Sayheykid and fedexnuno like this.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    Allow more jobs to leave? What's stopping them now? If corporations are already making huge profits by exporting jobs to Mexico and other low wage countries then how is lowering their taxes going to increase jobs here? It seems to me that it would be an incentive to send even more jobs out of the country giving them even bigger profits. Isn't that what the republicans really want? I just quoted this on another thread.

Republican supporters of the tax plan now before Congress claim that “repatriating” profits will free up money for corporations to create jobs in the US. Gebre countered indignantly: “Capital is not people!Repatriating of capital does not bring work back. Corporations in this country are already awash in money and they still are not creating jobs in this country. Instead they are looking for the cheapest and most exploitable workers around the world.”
    ABFwife, Sayheykid and fedexnuno like this.

Jesus Christ is Lord

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Repatriating of capital does not bring work back.

So don't bring your money here just take it directly to Mexico and save a bundle

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

Quote Originally Posted by strapdrager View Post
    Repatriating of capital does not bring work back.

So don't bring your money here just take it directly to Mexico and save a bundle
    Wouldn't it be easier for them to accumulate the wealth if they could bring it home without the tax? That appears to be the intent of the new bill to me. If it looks and walks and quacks like a duck............

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    new penn

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    Is that all you do is go through the threads looking for a place to slam democrats? I do my best to post information that affects those of us on this site and outside of the site. And I have been doing that for 8 years now. Maybe you might want to step in and do the same. Instead of slamming everyone else's posts, post a rebuttal with actual fact behind it.

Instead of slamming the post maybe you can just answer it.. if you can.. I asked a question because I read the article you posted and did not see where the so called tax bill is going to promote jobs leaving this country..But see I read articles on both sides with the exception of a few to get more knowledge on things.. There are more than one sided stories.. And as far as you saying I am slamming democrats?? IMO there is no more democratic party.. That is long gone.. But that is my opinion.. Sounds like you need your safe space today..

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    UPS Freight

More on Trumps tax plan........

House Republicans have soiled the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act with the Democrats’ favorite economic elixir: class warfare. And yet this has bought Republicans even more ferocious Democrat resistance.

“Instead of following through with the promise of taking seven brackets and simplifying them to three, Speaker Ryan and Chairman Brady added in a fourth bracket exclusively for millionaires,” complains David McIntosh, president of the pro-market Club for Growth (a group I’ve addressed numerous times). This complex foolishness imposes an effective marginal tax rate of 45.6 percent on single filers who earn $1 million to $1.2 million and couples who make between $1.2 and $1.6 million. “That’s a real tax increase on successful people who invest and create jobs,” McIntosh lamented. Shamefully, this would be 15.15 percent, or six percentage points, above today’s 39.6 percent top rate.

The widely applauded 25 percent rate for small-business owners who file 1040s benefits only the first 30 percent of income. The balance would be taxed up to the proposed 45.6 percent rate. Warns McIntosh: “That means no tax cut at all for most small businesses and family-owned companies.”

Republicans & Class Warfare: House Tax Plan Embraces It | National Review
    Last edited by 222lifer; 11-11-2017 at 03:29 PM. Reason: added quote