On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Default Re: Absentee fathers a national crisis

Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    anual percentage of single parent homes - Google Search

I. might have mixed the numbers but it was93 or 98% married with kids in 1950 and innow...63 or 68% married. either way irt a 30-40% difference......and union numbers shriunk a two thirds or so.
    My phone was very slow and break was ending when I posted this mess..but here it is copied from my search.

The Majority of Children Live With Two Parents, Census ...
    https://census.gov/newsroom/press-re.../cb16-192.html

Of the 11 million families with children under age 18, and no spouse present, the majority are single mothers (8.5 million). Single fathers comprise the remaining 2.5 million single parent families. Married couples make up 68 percent of all families with children under age 18, compared to 93 percent in 1950.
    Last edited by slavenomore; 11-20-2017 at 10:09 PM.

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Default Re: Absentee fathers a national crisis

I didn't listen to the interview, but I did read the article. It doesn't seem like the guy is blaming anybody.. He mentions the economic part. But to me, if he follows the typical republican economic fixes, which involve everybody going to work for nothing and pittying employers who'can't afford to pay 40 hours per week or minimum wage, or pay for employee health insurance, and blaming people for not wanting to work for them dirt wages....and busting unions......then he is wasting his time. If people can't make a decent living and have no hope for better wages.....then men staying with women becimes very difficult...and raising children and paying for their bills even more difficult.

We need th old manufacturing jobs back. We don't need more jobs for educated people because we don't need the debt that comes with it. That debt defeats the purpose...It's just a chain keeping the whole thing too difficult. We don't need more credit cards or credit ratings ruling our economy....we need union manufacturing jobs for the uneducated. With great pay, tangible money in pocket from work, not money on loan or credit, nor welfare..............if we want a better nation with families who stay together. The ideals we follow today brought us here and need to be re-examined as to wether they really benefit the nation or not....and a lot of the ideals only benefit the topdogs of Wall street....and that has not benefited our nation....since they have had their way....their economic policies and think tanks have run up a $20 trillion national debt.....time to leave their ideals for another nation to have and go broke with....we can't afford it anymore................back to the ways that worked imo.....an those ways were 60 years ago.
    Last edited by slavenomore; 11-21-2017 at 10:44 PM.

3. Likes 2631 Liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12