Likes Likes:  0
LOL LOL:  0
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Default House passes interstate concealed-carry gun bill

HOUSE PASSES INTERSTATE CONCEALED-CARRY GUN BILL
    'This is a win for all those who believe in the sovereign rights of gun owners'

WASHINGTON Ė A bill to allow gun owners with concealed carry permits in one state to legally carry their weapons in any other state overwhelmingly passed the U.S. House of Representatives Wednesday, by a vote of 231-198 in the GOP-controlled chamber, including six Democrats who voted in support.

Rep. Richard Hudson, R-N.C., introduced the legislation, the ďConcealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017Ē (H.R. 38), on Jan. 3. It treats concealed carry permits like driverís licenses, validating a permit from one state in the other 49, in order to spare lawful gun owners having to navigate a confusing patchwork of concealed carry laws around the nation.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Default Re: House passes interstate concealed-carry gun bill

What a comforting feeling it is knowing more mentally unstable folks will be toting their peace keepers through every state legally.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    What a comforting feeling it is knowing more mentally unstable folks will be toting their peace keepers through every state legally.

Still don't understand how it works. They say that states still can inforces laws in the books. Living within a stone throw of two states that do not recognize Pa I still cannot cross the state line.To me it's like window dressing.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

How I Got Licensed to Carry a Concealed Gun in 32 States by Barely Trying

"According to the state of Utah, I earned the right to carry a concealed handgun on a Saturday morning in a suburban shopping center outside Baltimore. Toward the back, next to a pawnshop and White Trash Mattís tattoo parlor, is the global headquarters of Dukes Defense World, a mom-and-pop firearms instruction shop certified by the Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification to teach nonresidents firearm safety as a prerequisite for obtaining a concealed-carry permit.

My achievement doesnít make sense for a number of reasons. One, I donít live in Utah. Iím a resident of Washington, DC, a city that holds concealed handguns in roughly the same esteem as working escalators. Iíve never shot a gun. And in distinctly un-Utahn fashion, Iím nursing a hangover. Fortunately, none of that matters here. After four hours at Dukes Defense, I have a completed application and a snazzy graduation certificate for my wall. Sixty days after my application is processed, Iíll be able to carry a concealed weapon in no fewer than 32 states. Itís great for road trips."

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...mit-guns-utah/

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired; OHFL

Odd that the WND quoted site failed to mention that 14 republicans voter no.

How come every time time sensible gun laws it is always the republicans shouting about states rights?
    Last edited by RedRollingRoadblock; 12-08-2017 at 04:53 PM.