Thread: Look who calls evangelicals 'extremist religious group'

Jesus Christ is Lord

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Default Look who calls evangelicals 'extremist religious group'

LOOK WHO CALLS EVANGELICALS 'EXTREMIST RELIGIOUS GROUP'

Charges Trump's Jerusalem recognition 'appeasement'

The leader of a group founded in Washington, D.C., as a front to help fulfill the Muslim Brotherhood’s stated aim of conquering Western Civilization declared at a rally in front of the White House that President Trump’s decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital was done to appease an “extremist religious group,” referring to evangelical Christians.

Nihad Awad, executive director of the Council on Islamic-Relations, or CAIR, said Friday that by carrying out the requirements of a 1995 law – adopted overwhelmingly by the Senate (93–5) and the House (374–37) – Trump “appeased an extremist religious group in the United States, the evangelicals, who somehow erroneously believe that God commands injustice by recognizing the Israeli occupation of Palestine,” reported PJ Media.
    Obama told the American Israel Public Affairs Committee in 2008 that Jerusalem “will remain the capital of Israel, and it must remain undivided. I have no illusions that this will be easy.”
    But like Presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton before him, Obama signed a waiver every six months to delay implementation of the 1995 Jerusalem Embassy Act and keep the embassy in Tel Aviv for national security reasons.
    Bush promised during the 2000 campaign that “as soon as I take office I will begin the process of moving the U.S. ambassador to the city Israel has chosen as its capital.”
    Clinton entered office in 1993 saying he supported “the principle” of moving the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Default Re: Look who calls evangelicals 'extremist religious group'

Extremists? I think that is a fair assessment.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk
    ABFwife likes this.

Jesus Christ is Lord

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    Those you say are the extremist yet the ones praying in front of the white house such things can never be said.

if you want to know who controls you look at who you are not allowed to criticize

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by strapdrager View Post
    Those you say are the extremist yet the ones praying in front of the white house such things can never be said.

if you want to know who controls you look at who you are not allowed to criticize
    Force feeding me religious beliefs is extremism. It doesn't matter who's holding the spoon.

fxstc07, ABFwife and Sayheykid like this.

Jesus Christ is Lord

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

oh you are being forced fed beliefs but there just not Christian.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

No, I'm being force fed different beliefs. They come from all denominations.

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post

That sure has been my experience. They do not even consider me a Christian because I was a Catholic and now Episcopalian. You know, I am at the church that allows gays to worship. (the Catholic church did too). Most judgmental people I have ever met!!!
    fxstc07 and Sayheykid like this.

Jesus Christ is Lord

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    That sure has been my experience. They do not even consider me a Christian because I was a Catholic and now Episcopalian. You know, I am at the church that allows gays to worship. (the Catholic church did too). Most judgmental people I have ever met!!!

You know, I am at the church that allows gays to worship
    So some parts of the bible are now off limits to talk about?
    We must change to adapt to Sin to make church more tolerable?

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

An older piece but it's spot on in what we're seeing from the bible thumping extremists. An excerpt from the article...

It’s Time to Start Calling Evangelicals What They Are: The American*Taliban

Of course, not all christian evangelicals share this extreme view. Nevertheless, the extremists always give themselves away with their trademark refrain, “I’ll pray for you,” as if you are possessed by demons and in need of an exorcism. They seem completely unaware of how this statement makes them appear; that they alone understand “truth,” that everyone else is “ungodly” and in need of “redemption,” as they see it; by being “born again,” and baptized, and accepting their world view. This self-righteous arrogant presumption is at the root of all religious extremism.

Evangelicals in churches and state houses across the country support laws and political systems that brutalize and imprison MILLIONS of African Americans, that deny equal rights and protections to LGBT people and tacitly support violence toward them, and seek to deny women the right to govern their own bodies, often with threats or outright acts of physical violence. They seem hell-bent on ejecting science from education and replacing it with their own creationist ideas.

In doing these things, evangelicals are advocating a religious extremism that is no different from muslim extremism, which projects religious authority over all people in their domain, which limits the rights of women, controls and limits education, and enforces strict adherence to a moral code, which naturally rejects and punishes all forms of “decadence,” including; “deviant sexuality,” science, reason, and any questioning of authority. Christian fundamentalists, if given the power, will do the same things.

https://medium.com/@jcweatherby_4941...n-4a41731296e4

ABFwife likes this.

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

So some parts of the bible are now off limits to talk about?
    We must change to adapt to Sin to make church more tolerable?
    All in how you interpret it. I think Jesus spread love, not hate.
    fxstc07, 222lifer and Sayheykid like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast