Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree16Likes
  • 4 Post By 2631
  • 2 Post By Sayheykid
  • 5 Post By wizard
  • 3 Post By wizard
  • 1 Post By slavenomore
  • 1 Post By wizard

Thread: Speaker ryan to step aside, leave dc

  1. #1
    Jesus Christ is Lord

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Local Union
    89
    Employer
    Allied
    Posts
    8,570
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Speaker ryan to step aside, leave dc


  2. #2
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Local Union
    641
    Employer
    new penn
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    21,999
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Speaker ryan to step aside, leave dc

    Quote Originally Posted by strapdrager View Post
    Think you can add that to your Christmas "WISH" list but sadly I beleive it is fake news..

  3. #3
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Local Union
    560
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star
    Location
    S. Carolina
    Posts
    4,434
    Rep Power
    756

    Default Re: Speaker ryan to step aside, leave dc

    I will never have any respect for the man as long as he considers Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid as being entitlements.

    Ryan was feeling both jubilant and relieved—and a little bit greedy. Reveling in the afterglow, Ryan remarked to several colleagues how this day had proven they could accomplish difficult things—and that next year, they should set their sights on an even tougher challenge: entitlement reform. The speaker has since gone public with this aspiration, suggesting that 2018 should be the year Washington finally tackles what he sees as the systemic problems with Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.

  4. #4
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Local Union
    404
    Employer
    UPS Freight
    Location
    Springfield,Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,848
    Rep Power
    200

    Default Re: Speaker ryan to step aside, leave dc

    We can only HOPE it's so......
    ABFwife and slavenomore like this.

  5. #5
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Local Union
    560
    Employer
    ABF Freightway
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,541
    Rep Power
    92

    Default Re: Speaker ryan to step aside, leave dc

    Quote Originally Posted by 2631 View Post
    I will never have any respect for the man as long as he considers Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid as being entitlements.
    Yes 2631...and I'am quite certain he's not the only one.If all the Republicans was doing were lining the pockets of the already,that would be bad enough...pick your adjective.But that's not the ''END GAME'.Before the Senate voted,Senator Marco Rubio of Florida,past Presidential Candidate,(can you imagine,''LITTLE MARCO''as President)said the Republicans''MUST''make''ADDITIONAL''cuts to Social Security and Medicare,both Federal Programs for those over age 65 as well as people with disabilities and parentless children...of course...SS and Medicare,as far as the GOP is concerned,are 2 of the the few remaining tranches of Money to be ''STOLEN''.

    Social Security will be means tested and then Privatized...Medicare,which is already means tested,will either be means tested,starting at a much lower level,or we'll all get ''VOUCHERS'' to use for our new Privatized Health Plan(if you can afford it)which will never keep pace with the rising cost of Healthcare.

    In the meantime of course...The Pentagon...which has ''NEVER-EVER'' Passed an AUDIT...will get ''MORE MONEY''.

    Ah Yes People...Just the further continuation of CORPORATE FASCISM via Economic Policy of 1% Capitalist Tyranny which has been a constant continuation since the early 70's from ''BOTH'' Political Parties.
    2631, fxstc07, slavenomore and 2 others like this.

  6. #6
    On A Mission

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Local Union
    429
    Employer
    YRC
    Posts
    14,011
    Rep Power
    922

    Default Re: Speaker ryan to step aside, leave dc

    So.....we got rid of Hilary Clinton, Nikki Haley...Bob Corker....and now Paul Ryan..........Trump is good.

  7. #7
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Local Union
    560
    Employer
    ABF Freightway
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,541
    Rep Power
    92

    Default Re: Speaker ryan to step aside, leave dc

    Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    So.....we got rid of Hilary Clinton, Nikki Haley...Bob Corker....and now Paul Ryan..........Trump is good.
    Come on Slave,do some research,or at the very least...'FOLLOW THE MONEY'...by lowering the tax rate on LLCs to 25%,the Republican plan results in more tax savings to hedge funds,etc. than does the narrow and insignificant carried interest loophole...That benefit goes directly to Trump and his band of thieves who operate solely on LLCs...Trump himself has hundreds of them set up for his ill-gains and questionable ventures...And add to keeping carried interest loophole the elimination on the alternate minimum tax and the inheritance tax in this so called ''MIDDLE CLASS'' tax cut bill...These are only for the Wealthy and would make Trump Millions and his estate Billions...The Middle Class gets CRUMBS and PICKS up the DEBT created...NICE!!!!...Like the Reagan and Bush tax cuts...this Government sanctioned debacle will be a predictable prelude to another leg in America's perpetual BOOM and BUST cycle...which eventually will lead to another call for tax cuts to advance the HOARDING process at the TOP even more...That is...If there is ANYTHING LEFT...It's a Parasite economy run by and for Parasites,and they have sucked their host...the US SUCKERS...almost HUSK DRY...Allowing some people to accumulate Billions is just as SHAMEFUL as having HOMELESS sleep in the streets...This is a Systemic failure that will destroy this Country if WE continue embracing PREDATORY CAPITALISM that makes this possible...And by the way...France has a 45% inheritance tax...The Ruling Class learned their LESSON quick after the ''GUILLOTINES'' came rolling out into the streets!!!!

    The Trump Family Tax Avoidance Plan simply confirms what Trump said about not paying $800 Million in taxes...''BECAUSE I'AM SMART''...which,by inference,means the rest of us are stupid...The Trump Royal Family stand to ''GAIN'' tens of Millions of Dollars as a result of the TFTAP...BUT WAIT...Didn't Trump say he would not PROFIT by the plan?...Trump is the Liar and Thief in Chief whose gullible and uninformed supporters cheer him on...As I've stated countless times before...''IT'S ONE BIG CLUB...AND WE AIN'T IN IT''.

    https://www.propublica.org/article/d...survives-again
    2631, Sayheykid and fedexnuno like this.

  8. #8
    On A Mission

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Local Union
    429
    Employer
    YRC
    Posts
    14,011
    Rep Power
    922

    Default Re: Speaker ryan to step aside, leave dc

    Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    Come on Slave,do some research,or at the very least...'FOLLOW THE MONEY'...by lowering the tax rate on LLCs to 25%,the Republican plan results in more tax savings to hedge funds,etc. than does the narrow and insignificant carried interest loophole...That benefit goes directly to Trump and his band of thieves who operate solely on LLCs...Trump himself has hundreds of them set up for his ill-gains and questionable ventures...And add to keeping carried interest loophole the elimination on the alternate minimum tax and the inheritance tax in this so called ''MIDDLE CLASS'' tax cut bill...These are only for the Wealthy and would make Trump Millions and his estate Billions...The Middle Class gets CRUMBS and PICKS up the DEBT created...NICE!!!!...Like the Reagan and Bush tax cuts...this Government sanctioned debacle will be a predictable prelude to another leg in America's perpetual BOOM and BUST cycle...which eventually will lead to another call for tax cuts to advance the HOARDING process at the TOP even more...That is...If there is ANYTHING LEFT...It's a Parasite economy run by and for Parasites,and they have sucked their host...the US SUCKERS...almost HUSK DRY...Allowing some people to accumulate Billions is just as SHAMEFUL as having HOMELESS sleep in the streets...This is a Systemic failure that will destroy this Country if WE continue embracing PREDATORY CAPITALISM that makes this possible...And by the way...France has a 45% inheritance tax...The Ruling Class learned their LESSON quick after the ''GUILLOTINES'' came rolling out into the streets!!!!

    The Trump Family Tax Avoidance Plan simply confirms what Trump said about not paying $800 Million in taxes...''BECAUSE I'AM SMART''...which,by inference,means the rest of us are stupid...The Trump Royal Family stand to ''GAIN'' tens of Millions of Dollars as a result of the TFTAP...BUT WAIT...Didn't Trump say he would not PROFIT by the plan?...Trump is the Liar and Thief in Chief whose gullible and uninformed supporters cheer him on...As I've stated countless times before...''IT'S ONE BIG CLUB...AND WE AIN'T IN IT''.

    https://www.propublica.org/article/d...survives-again
    I'm not a fan of the Republican or Democrat tax ideas......I pay either way......on one side I pay for the rich not to pay....and on the other I pay for people who totally oppose me to live a step below me whilst I work 50 hours/week and get nothing.
    I'm a fan of tariffing equal to what income tax brings in...and getting rid of income tax.
    Income tax was created to replace tariffs so the rich could use foreign junk.


    But I still say that Trumps election has done more in more ways that electing any of the others would have done.
    Neither Bernie nor Hilary would've done the job to all 16 candidates that Trump destroyed......nor would they have gotten Haley out of SC...nor Corker out of Tennessee, nor Ryan out of Wisconsin........they are all Establishment and would have went nowhere if anybody but Trump were elected...same games played...business-as-usual.
    There are some positive results from trump......I wouldn't have voted for him if I didn't see any at all....I hated Bush era and Reagan era GOP.....and he is cleaning that house better than anybody could.
    Bernie might have fought them....but the opposition which votes against Bernie would've still clung to Establishment GOP....and kept the Established sides as is. He wouldn't have stomped them out the door like Trump and the sentiment that goes with him has.
    Last edited by slavenomore; 12-17-2017 at 03:24 PM.
    wizard likes this.

  9. #9
    Jesus Christ is Lord

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Local Union
    89
    Employer
    Allied
    Posts
    8,570
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Speaker ryan to step aside, leave dc

    FOLLOW THE MONEY'...by lowering the tax rate on LLCs to 25%
    So anyone in the Middle class does not use LLC? Yes they Do, and any small business does. My wife had several in the past operating a Salon. Many jobs are created right there.
    Would Trump benefit ? probably and is that a crime.
    So making sure the Government collects all the money is a great thing? Is that where your paycheck comes from the Government.

    Tax cuts, Dems and Reps alike say how are we going to pay for it. in other words where are we going to Tax to make up for the Cut? So there is no Cut. Why does Government not need to go with less money. Oh that can't happen. Over 3 Trillion dollars and they can't take a cut. Many say one group Dem or Reps are pro or anti business when both party's are One and the Same. Both getting there money from corporations dancing to Lobbyist to ensure that they, politicians get reelected. Everything they tell you is BS

  10. #10
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Local Union
    560
    Employer
    ABF Freightway
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,541
    Rep Power
    92

    Default Re: Speaker ryan to step aside, leave dc

    Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    I'm not a fan of the Republican or Democrat tax ideas......I pay either way......on one side I pay for the rich not to pay....and on the other I pay for people who totally oppose me to live a step below me whilst I work 50 hours/week and get nothing.
    I'm a fan of tariffing equal to what income tax brings in...and getting rid of income tax.
    Income tax was created to replace tariffs so the rich could use foreign junk.


    But I still say that Trumps election has done more in more ways that electing any of the others would have done.
    Neither Bernie nor Hilary would've done the job to all 16 candidates that Trump destroyed......nor would they have gotten Haley out of SC...nor Corker out of Tennessee, nor Ryan out of Wisconsin........they are all Establishment and would have went nowhere if anybody but Trump were elected...same games played...business-as-usual.
    There are some positive results from trump......I wouldn't have voted for him if I didn't see any at all....I hated Bush era and Reagan era GOP.....and he is cleaning that house better than anybody could.
    Bernie might have fought them....but the opposition which votes against Bernie would've still clung to Establishment GOP....and kept the Established sides as is. He wouldn't have stomped them out the door like Trump and the sentiment that goes with him has.
    Well Stated Rebuttal Slave...The Republican tax plan gives the overwhelming tax breaks to the Oligarchs.It's not like the Republicans have been hiding the fact they are hand maidens of the Oligarchs...The Democrats are hand maidens too,but they at least try to hand out some Vaseline before screwing over the Middle Class.

    This is the choice the electorate was given...Trump the gangster or Hillary the war-monger who if elected was going to use a transfiguration of the TPP to garner power against China and further sell the working class down the river...Not to say this won't happen with Trump...but it was guaranteed under Hillary.
    slavenomore likes this.

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356