Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
LOL LOL:  0
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Default U.S. labor board overturns Obama-era 'joint employment' ruling

"Thursday's decision marked the third time this week the board overruled an Obama era decision."

Remember the warnings? Here it comes folks.......

(Reuters) - A U.S. labor board on Thursday overturned an Obama-era ruling that had made it easier for unions and workers to hold companies accountable for practices of contractors and franchisees, a decision welcomed by business groups that could affect a major case against McDonald's Corp (MCD.N).

The 3-2 decision by the National Labor Relations Board reversed the standard it had set in a 2015 case involving Browning-Ferris Industries Inc. It reinstated a previous test that says companies are "joint employers" only when they exercise direct control over workers.

President Donald Trump appointed two Republicans to the five-member NLRB earlier this year, giving his party a 3-2 majority for the first time in a decade. Trump's appointees, who joined the board in August and September, are widely expected to revisit a series of recent NLRB decisions that business groups say unfairly favored unions. Thursday's decision marked the third time this week the board overruled an Obama era decision.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1E838B

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default NLRB reverses Browning-Ferris, makes it harder for workers to bargain with their empl

As expected, they did it!! And I promise you there is definitely more to come from the NLRB that will not be in favor or workers.

Yesterday, the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) made it more difficult for millions of workers to join together and form a union, by overturning its joint-employer standard established in 2015’s Browning-Ferris Industries case.

It is hard in today’s economy to bargain for higher wages or better working conditions, especially if your direct employer doesn’t really make those decisions. Under President Obama, the NLRB tried to make it easier for employees by holding each employer responsible when they co-determine what a worker’s wages, hours, and working conditions will be. In yesterday’s decision, the Trump NLRB decided to make it harder than ever.

The NLRB’s latest decision is bad law resulting from a bad process. Ordinarily, before overturning major precedent, the Board invites the public to comment by filing amicus briefs. However, this time, they did not, and instead announced this reversal with no warning or notice. President Trump’s appointees to the Board were so keen to respond to the demands of the franchising industry, which wants a rule that franchisors like McDonald’s aren’t responsible unless they exercise direct control over a franchisee’s labor relations, that they reversed the joint-employer standard in a case where the standard wasn’t even an issue, and where the public had no opportunity to weigh in.
    NLRB reverses Browning-Ferris, makes it harder for workers to bargain with their employers | Economic Policy Institute

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Default Re: NLRB reverses Browning-Ferris, makes it harder for workers to bargain with their

How are those new NLRB choices panning out for us? The warnings were given....

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Re: NLRB reverses Browning-Ferris, makes it harder for workers to bargain with their

They don't care.
    It doesn't matter if labor is decimated.
    They don't care of we don't protect the air, land and water.
    They don't care.

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Maybe they really prefer forcing American citizens to not use big government for their rights.........primitive.

Eventually it may come down to what brought about union rights to begin with.......this ain't working and ain't been working for decades......their ways put us $20 trillion in debt....It sure as hell wasn't us with a measly 6% in the private sector.
    Why did we free trade our selves into this debt?
    because they attacked the unionsw.....which they continue to do....from the Dems and GOP BOTH.
    Last edited by slavenomore; 12-16-2017 at 02:33 PM.

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

I guess this is what they want.

Obviously they just can't make money unless they are bullying somebody or taking their rights away...
    It's not college dropout Antifa punks.

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Default Re: U.S. labor board overturns Obama-era 'joint employment' ruling

We need to get rid of the requirement of a vote and 51% to join a union....Everybody should be able to join.....and turn the tables on these bastards....with no vote requirement.....we'd double our numbers in less than a year........and no matter how hard they fight to fire them it will only help us win more politically.......anybody joins and once a company hits 51% the union moves in for a contract. No vote.
    We'd have members in every labor business.....just like they want scabs in every labor business with right-to-work.
    Do what we want...just like they do.....and if they won't negotiate once hitting 51%...shut the place down.
    Last edited by slavenomore; 12-16-2017 at 02:56 PM.

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Sorry Lifer. Just realized I had double posted news you had already posted so I merged the threads since someone had already responded to my thread.

ABFwife

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Trump’s Labor Board Delivers Big Blow to Fast-Food Workers

Virtually all of the workplace protections and rights that Americans enjoy were secured during a very different economic age. Erected during the New Deal era, the edifice of American labor law has suffered significant erosion — and only modest renovations — over the past half-century. One consequence of this reality is that our labor laws are designed to protect the “typical” (i.e. white, male) worker of the mid-20th century — the full-time employee of a large corporation — even as such workers have become*increasingly*atypical*in the economy of today.

These two facts are related. The longer labor laws stand still, the better corporations get maneuvering around them. In recent years, American companies have become increasingly adept at minimizing the number of workers directly beneath their roofs. Instead of taking on new employees — entitled to health care, disability, and collective bargaining rights — corporations have figured out how to satisfy their labor needs through contractors, staffing firms, and franchises.

In 2015, the Democratic-controlled National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) decided to nudge labor law into closer alignment with this new reality.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...d-workers.html

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...cid=spartandhp

If this stuff is what makes America Great......then America should fall.

And it is the BS stuff which has been happening my whole life since graduating High School under Reagan....and it has happened under all politicians...both sides.
    This is not a nation worth having.
    Nobody has the time to waste of their lives on this sickness anymore.....I begin to think that maybe some of my posts above are the only option anymore.... doing things civilly is something that the scum of the earth who run this nation have mastered.....and the truth is that NOTHING will get done if the workers continue to play in their "civil" box....that game is rigged.......and lives are being wasted.
    You can talk big all you want in the ABF negotiation threads.....and you can have all the faith in either political side but the truth is we are wasting our time........they understand our fears...............and they have none............and they use fear...and we have none to hold over them....unless we look outside of the 'civil' box........sad to say...but I think that is the only way any change will occur...the 2 sides are stuck in their sick ways and those ways get us nowhere....fear gets them their way...and it would probably be correct in stating that fear is what needs used from our end.
    Doubtful that it will happen though..............the civil game is their game.......no matter how uncivil the results are for us.

Tax cuts for the rich.....outsourcing and not taking responsibility for your employees....temp jobs....jobs with no money or benies...........THAT STUFF WRECKED THE NATION...............that is why we needed to Make America Great Again.
    The debt will not be paid down and we will hit bankruptcy and all Hell will eventually bre3ak loose is my prediction......these things have been used under every President since Reagan......and they brought us here.
    We are gonna have to figure out whose country this is......and fight for it....for when only the rich control it(and I consider Obama and trump and Clinton all workers for the rich)..........it is NOT a nation worth having at all....it is a sick waste of life.