Thanks Thanks:  0
LOL LOL:  0
    Steward

Local Union
    Employer
    Nature's Best

Default Do I Live in a Banana Republic? by KENNETH SURIN

https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/12...nana-republic/

The appropriately named Ajit Pai, a former Verizon lawyer, appointed FCC chair by the Orange Swindler, did his master’s bidding and abandoned net neutrality. Ajit is ensuring that all internet users will pay for this utterly rancid decision. Equally ghastly are the Republican politicians who used this particular issue to line their pockets.
    Equally dismaying, but somehow also laughable, was the directive issued by the Orange Swindler’s administration, in a move that would have done credit to the Soviet Politburo of yore, requiring officials at the Center for Disease Control not to use the following 7 words and phrases: “vulnerable”, “entitlement”, “diversity”, “transgender”, “fetus”, “evidence-based” and “science-based” in their reports. In one instance, CDC officials were given alternative phraseology. Instead of “science-based” or “evidence-based,” the alternative phrase recommended by the boneheaded administration is the “CDC bases its recommendations on science in consideration with community standards and wishes”.
    The governor’s case went before the US Supreme Court, now of course filled with rabidly right-wing appointees, which determined that a politician’s receiving gifts, no matter how substantial, that were part of an attempt at (mere) “ingratiation”, in no way constituted an act of corruption in the eyes of the law.

Umm, there could be many an American politician now saying, entirely legally, as did this Virginia governor according to the Supreme Court, “kindly bestow on me the most fulsome gifts of ingratiation, but please don’t call them a bribe!” to well-heeled individuals seeking special treatment (or to use the well-known euphemism, “access”).

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Default Re: Do I Live in a Banana Republic? by KENNETH SURIN

Corruption has a different name it seems?

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 222lifer; 12-21-2017 at 01:45 PM.

3. Likes fedexnuno Liked this post