Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Amid protests and arrests, Senate puts Kavanaugh on Supreme Court

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Amid protests and arrests, Senate puts Kavanaugh on Supreme Court

Well, we all know it happened. I think we all expected it but I think it is a disgrace.

WASHINGTON — Amid protests in the streets nationwide and hundreds of arrests at the U.S. Capitol alone, the GOP-run U.S. Senate put Trump-named federal appellate judge Brett Kavanaugh on the U.S. Supreme Court on Oct. 6, cementing its right-wing majority. As people continued anti-Kavanaugh chants outside, retired Justice Anthony Kennedy swore Kavanaugh in to the court’s ninth seat – the one Kennedy had vacated.
    Despite the rushed confirmation unprecedented issues with Kavanaugh continued to surface yesterday, the most explosive of which was a Washington Post revelation that the D.C. Circuit court on which Kavanaugh sat until today had sent 15 complaints of alleged lies and inappropriate judicial conduct, including lying, to Supreme Court Chief Justice Roberts. The complaints referred to his current behavior on that court. Roberts apparently sat on and failed to refer any of the complaints for investigation.
    https://www.peoplesworld.org/article...supreme-court/
    222lifer and fedexnuno like this.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Default Re: Amid protests and arrests, Senate puts Kavanaugh on Supreme Court

Those that feel this confirmation is a big win will soon see what a huge loss this will be for the common folks.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk
    ABFwife and fedexnuno like this.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    new penn

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    Well, we all know it happened. I think we all expected it but I think it is a disgrace.

https://www.peoplesworld.org/article...supreme-court/
    Maybe you could explain why.. Personally I think it was a disgrace the way the Democrats performed..
    Walleye likes this.

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    Maybe you could explain why.. Personally I think it was a disgrace the way the Democrats performed..
    Why, because of what he is being accused of AND because he is anti-labor which I have already shared links to on this site so I am not sharing them again in this post. And while I see a lot of men complaining that father's. sons, brothers can be accused of such things ungrounded, well I can also say men can cry they are being unfairly accused of rape and be very guilty of the crime. Happens all the time! As far as labor, his track record is very visible so no one can say it is not true.

That is my explanation.
    Last edited by ABFwife; 10-08-2018 at 03:50 PM.
    fxstc07 and fedexnuno like this.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    new penn

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    Why, because of what he is being accused of AND because he is anti-labor which I have already shared links to on this site so I am not sharing them again in this post. And while I see a lot of men complaining that father's. sons, brothers can be accused of such things ungrounded, well I can also say men can cry they are being unfairly accused of rape and be very guilty of the crime. Happens all the time! As far as labor, his track record is very visible so no one can say it is not true.

That is my explanation.
    Because of what he was accused of ?? Seriously?? So if it is a man is accused of something you say he is guilty and has to prove he is innocent?? Like a banana republic.. I have a few liberal friends here who are going to vote Republican after that Democratic embarrassment in the Senate. How many Republicans do you know who are going blue?
    Walleye likes this.

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Because of what he was accused of ?? Seriously?? So if it is a man is accused of something you say he is guilty and has to prove he is innocent?? Like a banana republic.. I have a few liberal friends here who are going to vote Republican after that Democratic embarrassment in the Senate. How many Republicans do you know who are going blue?
    AND I said because of his anti-labor stance!!!!

Yep crazy, that is the way I feel about it. Good for your friends that they are using their freedom to switch parties. My friends don't spend their time talking about politics much. But when we do, they are staying with the democrat party and despise Trump and Kavanaugh
    Last edited by ABFwife; 10-09-2018 at 09:58 AM.
    fedexnuno likes this.

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

I'll take a shot here.
    Couple of things come to mind.

First, the two words ... Merrick Garland. 293 days without any action.

Second, Neil Gorsuch. He wasn't accused of anything criminal and was confirmed.

Any improprieties, along with allegations of misconduct and his overall demeanor and attitude need be considered.
    With that said, Brett Kavanaugh is not a suitable justice to sit for a life time on the SCOTUS.

The divide widened again.

I believe.
    fedexnuno likes this.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

If the Orange one says it's so it must be true? Of course Kavanaugh is a fine man. Of course he is innocent. We will never know the truth on that because "she" (Ford) must be mistaken.

Watch in awe as Partisan, bias, Brett gouges the working stiff into oblivion.

ABFwife and fedexnuno like this.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    I'll take a shot here.

Any improprieties, along with allegations of misconduct and his overall demeanor and attitude need be considered.
    With that said, Brett Kavanaugh is not a suitable justice to sit for a life time on the SCOTUS.

I believe.
    You are quite right. This rush to the finish line will taint the Kavanaugh appointment forever.

fedexnuno likes this.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    new penn

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    I'll take a shot here.

I believe.
    You see the left makes the rules but only when it applies to them.. The Joe Bidden rule. You don't nominate a supreme court justice in a presidential election year. The left has controlled the SC for decades and now it's falling apart for them. As far as.this nomination went?? No matter who Trump nominated the outcome would have been the same. It's the "swing" vote and your liberal democrats are terrified.. As.far as his decisions went on labor?? 50/50 from what I have read.. Fyi,I did not support him until the attacks on him started.. The Democrats are an embarrassment.
    Walleye likes this.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast