Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Taking A Stand!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Local Union
    492
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    41,485
    Rep Power
    910

    Default Elizabeth Warren Announces Run for President: 'This Dark Path Doesn't Have to Be Our

    There has not been a word mentioned about this here on this site. My one big concern about this is how it might affect Bernie Sander's possible run for president. There have been hints he will run again. I cannot see them running against each other so I am thinking maybe Bernie might run as her vice president.
    Sen. Elizabeth Warren has confirmed that she plans to run for president in 2020.

    In a new video, the Massachusetts Democrat, 69, says she is launching an exploratory committee, a process that allows Warren to publicly raise money and hire campaign staffers.

    “If you work hard and play by the rules, you ought to be able to take care of yourself and the people you love. That’s a fundamental promise of America,” Warren begins in the video.

    “I’ve spent most of my career getting to the bottom of why America’s promise works for some families, but others who work just as hard slip through the cracks into disaster,” she continues, before emphasizing that “America’s middle class is under attack.”
    https://people.com/politics/elizabet...for-president/

  2. #2
    Steward

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Local Union
    848
    Employer
    Nature's Best
    Location
    california usa
    Posts
    7,326
    Rep Power
    283

    Default Re: Elizabeth Warren Announces Run for President: 'This Dark Path Doesn't Have to Be

    Well I can say is, I rather have Elizabeth better than Clinton! And especially better than psychotic Trump!!!
    Last edited by fedexnuno; 01-07-2019 at 09:56 AM.

  3. Likes ABFwife Liked this post
  4. #3
    Taking A Stand!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Local Union
    492
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    41,485
    Rep Power
    910

    Default Re: Elizabeth Warren Announces Run for President: 'This Dark Path Doesn't Have to Be

    Like Sanders, Elizabeth Warren Pledges To Ban Right-To-Work States

    Sen. Elizabeth Warren [D-MA], a supporter of Bernie Sanders’ Workplace Democracy Act, supports ending Right-to-Work states.
    Among the mostly-Democrat guest speakers were a number of the party’s presidential-primary candidates, each of whom were there to pay homage to unions.

    Of those speakers, Elizabeth Warren had the most enthusiastic response from the union delegates—including a standing ovation when she spoke about protecting union pensions.

    Warren also told delegates that, were she to become President, she would ban Right-to-Work states.

    “We need to rebuild unions in this country, Elizabeth Warren tweeted. “That’s why I’ve proposed a new law banning states from passing so-called right to work laws that destroy labor unions. It will make sure that unions have a front-and-center seat at the table in any trade negotiation.”
    https://laborunionreport.com/2019/04...o-work-states/

  5. Likes fxstc07, 222lifer Liked this post
  6. #4
    Taking A Stand!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Local Union
    492
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    41,485
    Rep Power
    910

    Default Re: Elizabeth Warren Announces Run for President: 'This Dark Path Doesn't Have to Be

    Elizabeth Warren says she’s ‘proud’ her campaign workers unionized
    Presidential candidate Sen. Elizabeth Warren said Thursday that she supported her campaign workers’ decision to form a union.

    The announcement comes after CNBC reported Tuesday that nonmanagement campaign employees authorized International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 2320 to represent them.

    “My campaign has submitted their support to join @IBEW 2320,” the Massachusetts Democrat wrote in a post on Twitter. “Every worker who wants to join a union, bargain collectively, & make their voice heard should have a chance to do so. The labor movement has long fought for the dignity of working people, & we’re proud to be part of it.”
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/06/eliz...ign-union.html

  7. Likes 222lifer Liked this post
  8. #5
    Taking A Stand!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Local Union
    492
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    41,485
    Rep Power
    910

    Default Re: Elizabeth Warren Announces Run for President: 'This Dark Path Doesn't Have to Be

    Native American congresswoman endorses Elizabeth Warren

    I am disappointed to see our congresswoman endorsed Elizabeth. Many including myself commented on a local FB page that we would rather have seen her endorse Bernie with his very proven track record. Unfortunately I think this is going to become a battle of the sexes again. I have nothing against Elizabeth, I just prefer Bernie.
    SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) - One of two Native American women in Congress has endorsed Democratic presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren.

    U.S. Rep. Debra Haaland of New Mexico on Tuesday announced her endorsement in social media posts that describe Warren as a great friend and partner on policies that affect Indian Country.

    On Instagram , a tinted photograph of Haaland and Warren accompanies praise for the senator's efforts related to working families, student loan debt and missing and murdered indigenous women.

    Warren has been criticized for claiming Native American identity early in her career and apologized recently to the Cherokee Nation for releasing DNA test results as evidence she had Native American ancestry, albeit at least six generations back.

    Haaland is a tribal member of Laguna Pueblo and represents a district centered in Albuquerque.
    https://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news...41712/?cat=500

  9. Likes wizard Liked this post
  10. #6
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Local Union
    641
    Employer
    Retired New Penn
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    22,914
    Rep Power
    315

    Default Re: Elizabeth Warren Announces Run for President: 'This Dark Path Doesn't Have to Be

    Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    Native American congresswoman endorses Elizabeth Warren

    I am disappointed to see our congresswoman endorsed Elizabeth. Many including myself commented on a local FB page that we would rather have seen her endorse Bernie with his very proven track record. Unfortunately I think this is going to become a battle of the sexes again. I have nothing against Elizabeth, I just prefer Bernie.


    https://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news...41712/?cat=500
    What track record does BERNIE have??

  11. #7
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Local Union
    560
    Employer
    ABF Freightway
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,710
    Rep Power
    101

    Default Re: Elizabeth Warren Announces Run for President: 'This Dark Path Doesn't Have to Be

    Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    What track record does BERNIE have??
    Track record?...Bernie Sanders has been preaching the same doctrine over the last 40 years,very consistently...He has presented policy after policy that addresses the ills that trouble our nation and has been doing so for decades...Most of which,now quite popular,as millions of Americans awaken to their awful realities and shrug off the LIES they've been brainwashed into believing by Multinational Media Conglomerates...Corporate America...and Corporate Politicians from BOTH Corrupt Political Parties...But the Corrupt DNC will NEVER nominate him...Corporate bought and paid for DNC politicians like Pelosi and Schumer and the rest of the Corporate Democrats would rather see 4 more years of Trump than having Sanders in the White House...What progressives can only hope for is that some part of Bernie's message will ELEVATE political consciousness...If political consciousness is NOT raised...NO grassroots movement will surface to create the change that's really needed...

    Corporate media has been pushing THEIR facts that the US economy has been having its ''Longest Expansion'' in history...More Corporate BS...Is the longest expansion CODE for the trillions of dollars that have been transferred to a small cabal of billionaires since the 2008 financial collapse...

    Over 65% of working class Americans live an economically precarious existence...paycheck to paycheck...with millions of Americans not being able to cover a $400 emergency...This was clearly illustrated when the federal government shutdown and 800,000 federal workers were desperate...many needed to search for food at homeless shelters or food banks...And by the way,to fight HUNGER in the United States of America...''4.3 Billion Meals'' each year are distributed through food pantries and meal programs...

    What a Sad and Disgraceful commentary about the CORRUPTION of OUR Government that just allocated $738 billion to a Bunch of SCUMBAG Sociopathic War Profiteers!!!!

    https://www.globalresearch.ca/blood-...om-war/5438657

  12. Likes fedexnuno, ABFwife Liked this post
  13. #8
    Steward

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Local Union
    848
    Employer
    Nature's Best
    Location
    california usa
    Posts
    7,326
    Rep Power
    283

    Default Re: Elizabeth Warren Announces Run for President: 'This Dark Path Doesn't Have to Be

    Bernie is my Choice as always...some people here always try to shove Hillary Clinton up your throat assuming that she was the choice for 2016 because of the hatred!

  14. #9
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Local Union
    641
    Employer
    Retired New Penn
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    22,914
    Rep Power
    315

    Default Re: Elizabeth Warren Announces Run for President: 'This Dark Path Doesn't Have to Be

    Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    Track record?...Bernie Sanders has been preaching the same doctrine over the last 40 years,very consistently...He has presented policy after policy that addresses the ills that trouble our nation and has been doing so for decades...Most of which,now quite popular,as millions of Americans awaken to their awful realities and shrug off the LIES they've been brainwashed into believing by Multinational Media Conglomerates...Corporate America...and Corporate Politicians from BOTH Corrupt Political Parties...But the Corrupt DNC will NEVER nominate him...Corporate bought and paid for DNC politicians like Pelosi and Schumer and the rest of the Corporate Democrats would rather see 4 more years of Trump than having Sanders in the White House...What progressives can only hope for is that some part of Bernie's message will ELEVATE political consciousness...If political consciousness is NOT raised...NO grassroots movement will surface to create the change that's really needed...

    Corporate media has been pushing THEIR facts that the US economy has been having its ''Longest Expansion'' in history...More Corporate BS...Is the longest expansion CODE for the trillions of dollars that have been transferred to a small cabal of billionaires since the 2008 financial collapse...

    Over 65% of working class Americans live an economically precarious existence...paycheck to paycheck...with millions of Americans not being able to cover a $400 emergency...This was clearly illustrated when the federal government shutdown and 800,000 federal workers were desperate...many needed to search for food at homeless shelters or food banks...And by the way,to fight HUNGER in the United States of America...''4.3 Billion Meals'' each year are distributed through food pantries and meal programs...

    What a Sad and Disgraceful commentary about the CORRUPTION of OUR Government that just allocated $738 billion to a Bunch of SCUMBAG Sociopathic War Profiteers!!!!

    https://www.globalresearch.ca/blood-...om-war/5438657
    Preaching is one thing,accomplishments are another.. I will reword it for you.. What has Bernie accomplished in all his years in politics ..

  15. #10
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Local Union
    641
    Employer
    Retired New Penn
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    22,914
    Rep Power
    315

    Default Re: Elizabeth Warren Announces Run for President: 'This Dark Path Doesn't Have to Be

    Quote Originally Posted by fedexnuno View Post
    Bernie is my Choice as always...some people here always try to shove Hillary Clinton up your throat assuming that she was the choice for 2016 because of the hatred!
    I said many times on this forum that Sanders would have beaten Trump in the 2016 election.. Hillary stole it and lost.. No one is throwing shoving Clinton at you.. Your on the left,Clinton was the lefts candidate.. Do I have to connect the Dots ??

  16. Likes Walleye Liked this post
 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •