Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Local Union
    745
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,623
    Rep Power
    515

    Default Democrats once represented the working class. Not any more

    Bill Clinton and Barack Obama helped shift power away from the people towards corporations. It was this that created an opening for Donald Trump

    What has happened in America should not be seen as a victory for hatefulness over decency. It is more accurately understood as a repudiation of the American power structure.

    At the core of that structure are the political leaders of both parties, their political operatives, and fundraisers; the major media, centered in New York and Washington DC; the country’s biggest corporations, their top executives, and Washington lobbyists and trade associations; the biggest Wall Street banks, their top officers, traders, hedge-fund and private-equity managers, and their lackeys in Washington; and the wealthy individuals who invest directly in politics.

    At the start of the 2016 election cycle, this power structure proclaimed Hillary Clinton and Jeb Bush shoo-ins for the nominations of the Democratic and Republican parties. After all, both of these individuals had deep bases of funders, well-established networks of political insiders, experienced political advisers and all the political name recognition any candidate could possibly want.

    But a funny thing happened on the way to the White House. The presidency was won by Donald Trump, who made his fortune marketing office towers and casinos, and, more recently, starring in a popular reality-television program, and who has never held elective office or had anything to do with the Republican party. Hillary Clinton narrowly won the popular vote, but not enough of the states and their electors secure a victory. Read more....

    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ns-us-election
    Last edited by 222lifer; 10-12-2019 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Cropped, wrapped, Corrected link from the source

  2. Likes wizard Liked this post
  3. #2
    Steward

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Local Union
    848
    Employer
    Nature's Best
    Location
    california usa
    Posts
    7,326
    Rep Power
    283

    Default Re: Democrats once represented the working class. Not any more

    Sounds like both parties follow the Green, but in reality they shouldn’t, they uphold to be public servants to All in General, not just to the Dirty Filthy 1% Rich !
    And 1% that owns the Corporations, has close down our manufacturing business in America, how ungracious do they think that our society is going to buy their products when America is being unemployed in our country?
    All I know is all the corporations are going to have overfilled Warehouses throughout the world because no one gonna be able to purchase!
    They rather have everything rot to Hell than to keep America moving!

  4. Likes fxstc07, wizard, Sayheykid Liked this post
  5. #3
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Local Union
    560
    Employer
    ABF Freightway
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,710
    Rep Power
    101

    Default Re: Democrats once represented the working class. Not any more

    Great article...Trump ran against the status quo,against a candidate who epitomized the status quo...Working class Americans wanted change so badly that they were willing to jump out of the frying pan into the fire...And I see nothing to suggest they want to jump back into the frying pan...If the Democratic Party doesn't run a true Progressive candidate who is seen as an ADVOCATE for change,then Trump will win another term...

    If the U.S. becomes a total Oligarchy for the 1%...how much longer can it last?...The rich KNOW the inevitable collapse is coming,which is why they're buying Estates and building Bunkers and Gated Communities in New Zealand and throughout Scandinavia...''Protected Enclaves''...as it were...We shall see!!!!

  6. Likes fedexnuno, Sayheykid Liked this post
  7. #4
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Local Union
    404
    Employer
    UPS Freight
    Location
    Springfield,Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,867
    Rep Power
    204

    Default Re: Democrats once represented the working class. Not any more

    Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    Great article...Trump ran against the status quo,against a candidate who epitomized the status quo...Working class Americans wanted change so badly that they were willing to jump out of the frying pan into the fire...And I see nothing to suggest they want to jump back into the frying pan...If the Democratic Party doesn't run a true Progressive candidate who is seen as an ADVOCATE for change,then Trump will win another term...

    If the U.S. becomes a total Oligarchy for the 1%...how much longer can it last?...The rich KNOW the inevitable collapse is coming,which is why they're buying Estates and building Bunkers and Gated Communities in New Zealand and throughout Scandinavia...''Protected Enclaves''...as it were...We shall see!!!!
    Hate to tell you but it's always been about the 1% don't kid yourself.......your history book in school is one big propaganda book written for and by the 1%...IMO.

  8. Likes slavenomore Liked this post
  9. #5
    On A Mission

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A
    Posts
    14,258
    Rep Power
    930

    Default Re: Democrats once represented the working class. Not any more

    Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    Great article...Trump ran against the status quo,against a candidate who epitomized the status quo...Working class Americans wanted change so badly that they were willing to jump out of the frying pan into the fire...And I see nothing to suggest they want to jump back into the frying pan...If the Democratic Party doesn't run a true Progressive candidate who is seen as an ADVOCATE for change,then Trump will win another term...

    If the U.S. becomes a total Oligarchy for the 1%...how much longer can it last?...The rich KNOW the inevitable collapse is coming,which is why they're buying Estates and building Bunkers and Gated Communities in New Zealand and throughout Scandinavia...''Protected Enclaves''...as it were...We shall see!!!!
    If you know a collapse is coming....How can we afford more social programs? Medicare for all? Which will do what? Take away my good Teamster health Insurance AND cost me more out of pocket....and more in taxes?
    $1000/month for people who don't work?

    AND take away the people's only defense which is guns?

    The goal seems to be to make us all work for nothing(not for leisure stuff or desires)...like communism.
    Last edited by slavenomore; 10-26-2019 at 11:10 AM.

  10. Likes Walleye, 1484-1075 Liked this post
  11. #6
    Retired !

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Local Union
    107
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    16,502
    Rep Power
    359

    Default Re: Democrats once represented the working class. Not any more

    Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    If you know a collapse is coming....How can we afford more social programs? Medicare for all? Which will do what? Take away my good Teamster health Insurance AND cost me more out of pocket....and more in taxes?
    $1000/month for people who don't work?

    AND take away the people's only defense which is guns?

    The goal seems to be to make us all work for nothing(not for leisure stuff or desires)...like communism.
    How can we afford more unless wars ? Unlimited military budgets ? Corporate subsidies ? Tax giveaways to the 1% ?

    How do you know if Medicare for all will cost you more ? Who told you that ? Where did you get that magical number of $1000 a month ?

    Oh ... and now we're back to taking away guns ! Are you kidding me. Do you actually fall for that right wing propaganda ?

    Finally, the dreaded "communism" word sneaks in. Socialist ? Like the Trump farmers bail out ?
    Why is it when the right wing republicans give your money to others, you didn't complain and call it socialism.

  12. Likes fedexnuno Liked this post
  13. #7
    On A Mission

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A
    Posts
    14,258
    Rep Power
    930

    Default Re: Democrats once represented the working class. Not any more

    Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    How can we afford more unless wars ? Unlimited military budgets ? Corporate subsidies ? Tax giveaways to the 1% ?

    How do you know if Medicare for all will cost you more ? Who told you that ? Where did you get that magical number of $1000 a month ?

    Oh ... and now we're back to taking away guns ! Are you kidding me. Do you actually fall for that right wing propaganda ?

    Finally, the dreaded "communism" word sneaks in. Socialist ? Like the Trump farmers bail out ?
    Why is it when the right wing republicans give your money to others, you didn't complain and call it socialism.
    Universal income was on the dem debate. So was the Medicare stuff which warren dodged and Bernie admits too.
    I agree with the war stuff...but the dems wouldn't let trump leave Syria...and the truth is out...we are there to protect oil fields....and if you don't think the Dems knew that..I think you are wrong.

    The gun grabbing was also on the debate...they don't hide it anymore..it's right on the stage with everybody watching them answer the questions and it was a CNN debate.
    Last edited by slavenomore; 10-26-2019 at 01:05 PM.

  14. Likes Walleye, x475, 1484-1075 Liked this post
  15. #8
    On A Mission

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A
    Posts
    14,258
    Rep Power
    930

    Default Re: Democrats once represented the working class. Not any more

    Just opened a letter from my Health and Welfare Fund. Nonnetwork Providers will now have a $6000 deductible/Family.
    This is due to Obamacare I'm sure. For the most part.

  16. #9
    Retired !

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Local Union
    107
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    16,502
    Rep Power
    359

    Default Re: Democrats once represented the working class. Not any more

    Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    Just opened a letter from my Health and Welfare Fund. Nonnetwork Providers will now have a $6000 deductible/Family.
    This is due to Obamacare I'm sure. For the most part.
    Your lucky.
    My wife's great company supplied healthcare, that she pays for out of very check, has a $7000 deductible for the family. ( 2 of us ! )
    Out of pocket, additional expenses included, we shell out 10 grand a year, for healthcare.

    So where is the great, perfect, fabulous and cheaper healthcare we were all promised ?

  17. #10
    On A Mission

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A
    Posts
    14,258
    Rep Power
    930

    Default Re: Democrats once represented the working class. Not any more

    Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    Your lucky.
    My wife's great company supplied healthcare, that she pays for out of very check, has a $7000 deductible for the family. ( 2 of us ! )
    Out of pocket, additional expenses included, we shell out 10 grand a year, for healthcare.

    So where is the great, perfect, fabulous and cheaper healthcare we were all promised ?
    We had that before Obama.
    And before the free traders and deregulators destroyed the unions. For their real masters...the globalist world banks.
    The Dems just take our good stuff and give it to everybody else......strengthening the socialists and weakening the unions.

  18. Likes Walleye, 1484-1075 Liked this post
 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •