Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Economic growth

Jesus Christ is Lord

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Default Economic growth

Don't let the truth get in the way.

Democrats have done everything against moving forward to build America.
    Donald Trump has done it without them despite their attacks.
    crazy likes this.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Default Re: Economic growth

Here's some truth. You remember back to 2007? Who did that little diddy on our economy?

The Democrats moved forward and were what? Faced with Republicans doing everything against moving forward to build America. Obama did it despite their attacks.

He handed the reins of a robust economy to Trump. Sadly though, we aren't invited to the party Strappy.

Trump And The Stock Market Are The Winners In The Feds Repo Loan Binge; Here Are The Losers.

"The S&P 500 Index and the Dow Jones Industrial Average set new record highs every single day last week. This occurred despite the Federal Reserve justifying its unprecedented hundreds of billions of dollars each week in cheap loans to Wall Street’s trading houses as necessary to stem a “liquidity” crisis.

You can’t have a liquidity crisis when the stock market is setting record highs for an entire week. Those two things just don’t correlate.

The Fed, through its money spigot, the New York Fed, began sluicing these funds to Wall Street on September 17, the day the overnight borrowing rate in the repurchase agreement (repo) loan market spiked from 2 percent to 10 percent. This was the first such intervention by the Fed since the financial crisis. The repo market is where banks, hedge funds and money market funds loan each other money overnight on the basis of good collateral like U.S. Treasury securities."

https://wallstreetonparade.com/2019/...es-the-losers/

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 222lifer; 12-30-2019 at 05:33 PM.
    fxstc07 and fedexnuno like this.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    new penn

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    Here's some truth. You remember back to 2007? Who did that little diddy on our economy?

The Democrats moved forward and were what? Faced with Republicans doing everything against moving forward to build America. Obama did it despite their attacks.

He handed the reins of a robust economy to Trump. Sadly though, we aren't invited to the party Strappy.

Trump And The Stock Market Are The Winners In The Feds Repo Loan Binge; Here Are The Losers.

"The S&P 500 Index and the Dow Jones Industrial Average set new record highs every single day last week. This occurred despite the Federal Reserve justifying its unprecedented hundreds of billions of dollars each week in cheap loans to Wall Street’s trading houses as necessary to stem a “liquidity” crisis.

You can’t have a liquidity crisis when the stock market is setting record highs for an entire week. Those two things just don’t correlate.

The Fed, through its money spigot, the New York Fed, began sluicing these funds to Wall Street on September 17, the day the overnight borrowing rate in the repurchase agreement (repo) loan market spiked from 2 percent to 10 percent. This was the first such intervention by the Fed since the financial crisis. The repo market is where banks, hedge funds and money market funds loan each other money overnight on the basis of good collateral like U.S. Treasury securities."

He handed Trump a robust economy??.Seriously?? Obama's economy was puttering along and was anywhere from being robust. The reason the economy today is moving forward is because of all the regulations that Trump got rid of and something you will never believe. The Trump tax cuts. That alone allowed companies to bring cash back to this country. But your hatred for Trump doesn't allow you to see the positives.
    Walleye and 1484-1075 like this.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    He handed Trump a robust economy??.Seriously?? Obama's economy was puttering along and was anywhere from being robust. The reason the economy today is moving forward is because of all the regulations that Trump got rid of and something you will never believe. The Trump tax cuts. That alone allowed companies to bring cash back to this country. But your hatred for Trump doesn't allow you to see the positives.
    That Obama economy was climbing from 2010 all the way to 2016 crazy. The data has been posted a few times. Along with that disastrous Bush economy prior to Obama. 2008-2009 were horrible. 2010 things started to happen in a positive manner. By The time the batton was passed it was chugging not puttering.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Let's talk about those tax cuts.

"The Trump economy is setting records – but not in a good way. The U.S. has the greatest national debt in our history, now over $23 trillion and growing as a result of Trump’s corporate tax cut. The U.S. also has the greatest wealth and income inequality in the last 100 years, making it one of the most unequal countries in the world."

It would be just fine if everything we're seeing weren't artificially inflated. Our 401K 's are going to be chewed to bits if the stilts holding it all up crash. I thought everyone understood that from the last disaster? I'd like to see my pension check at the mailbox one day. Wouldn't you like yours to continue? Another crash and yours is gone and mine will suffer. Our children and grandchildren will be paying this debt with their lives. All thanks to cutting the regulations that were set in place to protect their livelihoods, health, and environment. The only major legislation passed. A tax scam for the rich while hundreds of bills rot on McConnell's desk.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    new penn

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    That Obama economy was climbing from 2010 all the way to 2016 crazy. The data has been posted a few times. Along with that disastrous Bush economy prior to Obama. 2008-2009 were horrible. 2010 things started to happen in a positive manner. By The time the batton was passed it was chugging not puttering.

Obama blamed Bush for everything wrong with the economy and now takes credit for the economy today.. Do you really think we would have the same economic growth if Hillary had won?? How about all those jobs that Obama said many times would never come back??

By The time the batton was passed it was chugging not puttering.
    Now that's funny..
    1484-1075 likes this.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Obama blamed Bush for everything wrong with the economy and now takes credit for the economy today.. Do you really think we would have the same economic growth if Hillary had won?? How about all those jobs that Obama said many times would never come back??

Now that's funny..
    Obama was stating fact. We lived it. The numbers don't lie.

We don't know what type of economic growth there would be with Hillary. Speculation doesn't prove a thing. Hard numbers do.

We have seen the jobs. Not the same jobs I heard about on the campaign trail. I don't think anything is funny with a campaign promise of high paying jobs reduced to more low paying jobs and little else.

Last edited by 222lifer; 12-31-2019 at 09:27 AM.

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

I know the New York Times is a subscription site, so here is the same story, but in Rolling Stone magazine. Not that either one could be held to the same high standards as The Daily Caller or others.

Trump’s 2017 Tax Overhaul Was Even Worse Than We Thought
    When President Trump signed the largest overhaul to the U.S. tax code in 100 years in the fall of 2017, there was no mistaking who would benefit: corporations and the super-wealthy. They have. In April, a study found that 60 of the largest companies in America paid no taxes in 2018, despite netting a combined $80 billion in profits. A few months later, another study found that the 2018 tax rate for the wealthiest 400 families in America was more than a percentage point lower than that for working-class families.
    Way to go trump ! The old trickle down theory got passed off again. Got that warm feeling all over ?

On Monday, The New York Times reported that the 2017 tax cut has been a bigger boon to corporations than previously realized, largely due to the work of lobbyists who successfully convinced the Treasury Department to bend the code to their favor, depriving the U.S. of billions in tax revenue.
    Less taxes collected, more money spent in the budget, sounds like a huge deficit issue to me. But we wouldn't let a little debt get us down. The wealthy are doing great and the working class middle man ... well he'll give us more if we ask ...

Though the new law had slashed the corporate tax rate by 14 percent, it actually included some new taxes, aimed largely at disincentivizing corporations from funneling profits to overseas tax havens. One by one, corporations convinced the Treasury they should be exempt from these taxes. It may have helped that Chip Harter, the Treasury official in charge of outlining how to administer the new taxes, had worked at a law firm where he helped corporations avoid taxes. Foreign banks were able to finagle some of the biggest exemptions, according to the Times article, which noted Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin was a former bank executive. It’s as swampy as it sounds.
    What was that thing about draining the swamp ? Oh yea, that was mentioned sometime around the whole "Mexico will pay for the wall" spiel.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...byists-932361/

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    new penn

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    I know the New York Times is a subscription site, so here is the same story, but in Rolling Stone magazine. Not that either one could be held to the same high standards as The Daily Caller or others.

Trump’s 2017 Tax Overhaul Was Even Worse Than We Thought

Way to go trump ! The old trickle down theory got passed off again. Got that warm feeling all over ?

Less taxes collected, more money spent in the budget, sounds like a huge deficit issue to me. But we wouldn't let a little debt get us down. The wealthy are doing great and the working class middle man ... well he'll give us more if we ask ...

What was that thing about draining the swamp ? Oh yea, that was mentioned sometime around the whole "Mexico will pay for the wall" spiel.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...byists-932361/
    Great news sites...Two extreme left fake news sites. Rolling Stone is probably the worst. Compare that to Alex Jones..But then again it's what one choses to believe. Either right or left. I will stay with the truth. Chose wisely..

https://www.westernjournal.com/despi...ord-haul-2018/
    Last edited by crazy; 01-01-2020 at 09:31 AM.

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Great news sites...Two extreme left fake news sites. Rolling Stone is probably the worst. Compare that to Alex Jones..But then again it's what one choses to believe. Either right or left. I will stay with the truth. Chose wisely..

https://www.westernjournal.com/despi...ord-haul-2018/
    An old article stating tax collection from 2018, and it still shows less taxes collected then in 2017.
    What was your point ? Unless your referring to Paul Ryan's statement that "tax reform is working" ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast