Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moscow Mitch !

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Moscow Mitch !

Someone asked ... "And Maybe you should start a thread on McConell. You know the one you labeled Moscow Mitch."
    So I decided this will be a good start to understand how Moscow Mitch got his name.
    I'm sure the residents of Kentucky are tired of hearing about this aluminum manufacturing plant. It's been in their news for years now. Kind of reminds me of the Foxconn debacle. Lot's of sparkling headlines with very little of substance for the residents.
    I'll start off with this older article. It's long, but very interesting.

A Kremlin-Linked Firm Invested Millions in Kentucky. Were They After More Than Money?
    Last summer, it looked like things were finally about to change for Ashland, Ky. For two decades, the jobs that once supported this Appalachian outpost of 20,000 people on a bend in the Ohio River have been disappearing: 100 laid off from the freight-rail maintenance shop; dozens pink-slipped at the oil refinery; 1,100 axed at the steel mill that looms over the landscape. Then, on June 1, 2018, standing on a stage flanked by the state’s governor and business leaders, Craig Bouchard, the CEO of Braidy Industries, pointed across a vast green field and described a vision as though he could already see it.
    There was just one problem: Bouchard still needed a major investor to make the vision a reality. After months of searching, the only option was problematic. Rusal, the Russian aluminum giant, was tailor-made to join forces on the project. But it was under sanctions imposed by the U.S. Treasury Department. Its billionaire owner, Oleg Deripaska, a close ally of Russian President Vladimir Putin’s, was being investigated by special counsel Robert Mueller for his potential involvement in the effort to swing the 2016 presidential election.
    To free itself from sanctions, Rusal fielded a team of high-paid lobbyists for an intense, months-long effort in Washington. One of the targets was Kentucky’s own Mitch McConnell, the Senate majority leader, who helped thwart a bipartisan push to keep the sanctions in place. Since May, two of McConnell’s former staffers have lobbied Congress on behalf of Braidy, according to filings. Ahead of the 2018 midterm elections, one of Rusal’s longtime major shareholders, Len Blavatnik, contributed more than $1 million through his companies to a GOP campaign fund tied to McConnell.
    As a follow up to the story, Braidy Industries has removed the CEO, Craig Bouchard as of Jan. 31, 2020.

They "broke ground" on the construction June 1, 2018. As of today there is nothing there, except an open piece of land.
    Sounds a little like the Foxconn hype in Wisconsin. All talk, no action.

There is also the claim this plant will produce 600 full time jobs. When ? Foxconn again comes to mind.

https://time.com/5651345/rusal-inves...aidy-kentucky/

2. Likes fedexnuno, 2631 Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Re: Moscow Mitch !

More senate bills blocked and these concern election security.
    I guess that isn't of importance even while some the elections were influenced by the Russians.

Moscow Mitch And The Senate GOP Block Three More Election Security Bills
    Nine months until the presidential election, Republicans in the Moscow Mitch McConnell-led Senate blocked three more election security bills meant to secure American democracy.
    According to The Hill, “Democrats tried to get consent to pass two bills that require campaigns to alert the FBI and Federal Election Commission (FEC) about foreign offers of assistance, as well as legislation to provide more election funding and ban voting machines from being connected to the internet.”

All it took was one Republican senator – Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) – to block the measures since “any one senator can object and block” unanimous consent requests under Senate rules.
    https://www.politicususa.com/2020/02...ity-bills.html

4. Likes 2631 Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

I don't want to jump the past history of Moscow Mitch but it's today that pisses me off. There are hundreds of bills which the house passed that Moscow Mitch has stalled. He won't even send them to committee. Of course one is our pension bill. He won't move it but he did sneak into law a pension relief bill for the coal miners. He is up for reelection and needs their votes. He's a republican whore feeding at the government trough along with his wife.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    NEW PENN-Retired

Quote Originally Posted by 2631 View Post
    I don't want to jump the past history of Moscow Mitch but it's today that pisses me off. There are hundreds of bills which the house passed that Moscow Mitch has stalled. He won't even send them to committee. Of course one is our pension bill. He won't move it but he did sneak into law a pension relief bill for the coal miners. He is up for reelection and needs their votes. He's a republican whore feeding at the government trough along with his wife.
    Totally agree, but we should all realize they all{both sides} feed at the same trough.

7. Likes 2631 Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

More background information on Moscow Mitch.
    As seen from the eyes of a journalist in Kentucky.

How to speak Russian to Sen. Mitch McConnell
    The evidence continues to pile up suggesting that our senior Kentucky senator is a Russian sympathizer working for the greater interests of autocratic Vladimir Putin and his Russian henchmen.
    First, ‘Moscow Mitch’ refused to bring to the Senate a bill that would have tightened election security to block Russian manipulation of voting in the 2020 presidential election. Then, the mass media reported our long-time Senate leader had prevented congressional efforts from continuing economic sanctions against Russia. Coupled with this move, a Russian aluminum company backed by an influential Russian oligarch benefited from the lifting the sanction apparently rewarded Senator McConnell by making a major investment in an aluminum mill project developed by Braidy Industries near Ashland.
    Note that he, like many Republicans, no longer worries about the national debt or the yearly deficit, even spearheading a tax cut that overwhelmingly went to America’s wealthiest families and corporations. Looking below the surface, could such an action better be understood as working to further income and wealth inequality and promoting class warfare and revolution in the country?
    https://www.kentucky.com/opinion/op-...234973552.html

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by 1484-1075 View Post
    Totally agree, but we should all realize they all{both sides} feed at the same trough.
    I never realized Moscow Mitch allowed anyone but Republicans to belly up to that massive buffet he's put out. Would that be considered a "Chao" down?

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

10. Likes 2631, fxstc07 Liked this post
    Steward

Local Union
    Employer
    Nature's Best

Moscow Mitch is the Grim Reaper to this country!
    The Traitor to America!
    So when you see him someday, you can thank him and Trump and pad them in the back

12. Likes fxstc07, 222lifer Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Here is another story that lays out the timelines for Moscow Mitch and his Russian oligarch friends, and their connections. When a Russian oligarch contributes to a Senate leadership fund backed by Moscow Mitch, it casts a darkness on the whole system.

RPT Released New Video and Timeline Questioning Moscow Mitch’s Motives
    Following recent stories outlining the links between Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and various Russian oligarchs, Restore Public Trust released a new video that breaks down the links and questions McConnell’s motives for voting against election laws that could help protect our country from Russian interference.
    “The American people deserve to know if McConnell’s motive to vote against keeping our elections safe was influenced by billions of dollars in campaign donations and projects that would help him get re-elected. Congress must investigate McConnell’s motives to vote against election laws that could keep out Russian interference. Our nation’s autonomy is at risk.”

Timeline of Russia/McConnell Ties (That we know of)

2016-2017: Russian Oligarch and Rusal investor Len Blavatnik contributed $3.5 million to McConnell-linked Senate Leadership Fund.
    The full timeline continues in the link.

https://restorepublictrust.org/rpt-r...itchs-motives/

14. Likes fedexnuno Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

I can say I am no fan of McConnell. Last night he was on TV and when asked if he would nominate a Supreme Court Justice if a vacancy opened and he said yes even though he blocked Obama's pick in 2016. Sadly both sides do this crap. Seems all he is doing is getting judges appointed.

16. Likes 1484-1075 Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    I can say I am no fan of McConnell. Last night he was on TV and when asked if he would nominate a Supreme Court Justice if a vacancy opened and he said yes even though he blocked Obama's pick in 2016. Sadly both sides do this crap. Seems all he is doing is getting judges appointed.
    Was that the one with Bret Baier when he said he wouldn't move most of the democrat house bills? He's a partisan hack. Poor McConnell and wife their net worth is only $24 million

18. Likes fxstc07, crazy Liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast