Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    New Penn

Default Political violence.

Now over the years there has always been some dopey supporters in both major political party's that seem to take violence to another level. It seems though many on the left that continue to suffer from TDS are increasingly taken it up a notch. Last weekend a guy driving a van drove into a Republican voter registration tent in Jacksonville Fl. This week a wacko slapped a 15 year old boy and injured two others just because the boy was wearing a MAGA hat. Also this week in Nashville a retired NYC police officer was punched in the face because they thought he was wearing a MAGA hat but actually what the hat said was Make Fifty Great Again. He was with friends and was celebrating his fiftieth birthday. Time for this sh*t to stop. Both sides should stop...

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Default Re: Political violence.

You left out the guy who shot his boss then covered him with the flag.

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

The FBI considers violent terrorism to be a top priority.
    Considering the deaths alone from the radical right, I understand why.

FBI Oversight
    In addition to FTOs, domestic violent extremists collectively pose a steady threat of violence and economic harm to the United States. Trends may shift, but the underlying drivers for domestic violent extremism—such as perceptions of government or law enforcement overreach, socio-political conditions, racism, anti-Semitism, Islamophobia, and reactions to legislative actions—remain constant. The FBI is most concerned about lone offender attacks, primarily shootings, as they have served as the dominant lethal mode for domestic violent extremist attacks. More deaths were caused by domestic violent extremists than international terrorists in recent years.
    The top threat we face from domestic violent extremists stems from those we now identify as racially/ethnically motivated violent extremists (RMVEs). RMVEs were the primary source of ideologically-motivated lethal incidents and violence in 2018 and 2019, and have been considered the most lethal of all domestic extremism movements since 2001.
    The spate of attacks we saw in 2019 underscore the continued threat posed by domestic violent extremists and perpetrators of hate crimes.
    https://www.fbi.gov/news/testimony/fbi-oversight-020520

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    The FBI considers violent terrorism to be a top priority.
    Considering the deaths alone from the radical right, I understand why.

FBI Oversight

https://www.fbi.gov/news/testimony/fbi-oversight-020520
    Considering the deaths??Maybe you can provide a link??Or is it your opinion. But yes I do recall a death from a white supremacist in Charlottesville .. That guy should rot in prison...
    I skimmed through your link you posted but didn't see any mention of political terrorism.

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    Now over the years there has always been some dopey supporters in both major political party's that seem to take violence to another level. It seems though many on the left that continue to suffer from TDS are increasingly taken it up a notch. Last weekend a guy driving a van drove into a Republican voter registration tent in Jacksonville Fl. This week a wacko slapped a 15 year old boy and injured two others just because the boy was wearing a MAGA hat. Also this week in Nashville a retired NYC police officer was punched in the face because they thought he was wearing a MAGA hat but actually what the hat said was Make Fifty Great Again. He was with friends and was celebrating his fiftieth birthday. Time for this sh*t to stop. Both sides should stop...
    You have provided NO links to substaniate your claims.
    Please provide links.
    fxstc07 - mod.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    Considering the deaths??Maybe you can provide a link??Or is it your opinion. But yes I do recall a death from a white supremacist in Charlottesville .. That guy should rot in prison...
    I skimmed through your link you posted but didn't see any mention of political terrorism.
    You yourself spoke about one death. Why provide a link when you admit there has been a death ?

I never said anything about "political" terrorism.
    I posted the FBI statement about terrorism in the US and abroad.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    You have provided NO links to substaniate your claims.
    Please provide links.
    fxstc07 - mod.
    Here you go there Fxst07 Moderator.

https://www.jacksonville.com/news/20...istration-tent

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...ed-after-man-/

https://nypost.com/2020/02/12/ex-nyp...-for-maga-hat/

. You yourself spoke about one death. Why provide a link when you admit there has been a death ?
    Because you used the word "deaths" .. That is plural meaning more than one,I stated I knew of one and asked for a link.

. I never said anything about "political" terrorism.
    I posted the FBI statement about terrorism in the US and abroad.
    This thread is about political terrorism. You seemed to go off topic.. But it happens to the best of us.

Crazy