Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    UPS Freight

Default Re: Medicare for All

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    Medicare for all or socialized medicine or single payer.. Call it what you want.. This post is about medicare that many think is the answer to everything.. A good friend of ours had been checking on her father who was 95 years old and still living home with his second wife who is 88.. After a small time in the hospital our friend was told that her father had to be put in a nursing home because he was unable to walk.. he didn't want to go .. Being on medicare his hospital time was up and they forced him into some medicare paid nursing home.. She stayed with him for five days and nights,she tried to get some sleep in a chair,and finally told her father she had to go home to get cleaned up and needed fresh clothes.. She lived about an hour and a half away.. She went home and fell asleep.. She went back to the nursing home and found her father dead.. From the time she left no one at the nursing home checked on him..eleven hours she was gone. She was very close to him and is devastated .. My brother was in a similar situation in Florida after having a stroke.. My niece went down to Florida and brought him back to New York.. He lived for another 6 years.. The nursing home in Florida told her he only had a few weeks..
    This is the system that the left wants to give everyone. Well if you want to sell this :(:(:(:( they might want to fix it first..
    Without Medicare were would he go? probably has no money to pay for Private healthcare....just think about all the people who are getting laid-off and will lose their health insurance, what will happen to them if they get sick? Cobra is not the answer...cost too much..just wait until the homeless start getting the virus?

IMO healthcare for all 100% paid for...no deductions...no out of pocket....don't have the money were's your boy (Trump) getting all this money for the bailout and $2,800 dollars isn't much per-couple these days...they say the last bailout they could have bought a home for everyone in the USA with the money? We working class people must be missing out on something...nope just F'ed again.

2. Likes fedexnuno, wizard, 2631, fxstc07 Liked this post
    Steward

Local Union
    Employer
    Nature's Best

Quote Originally Posted by Sayheykid View Post
    Without Medicare were would he go? probably has no money to pay for Private healthcare....just think about all the people who are getting laid-off and will lose their health insurance, what will happen to them if they get sick? Cobra is not the answer...cost too much..just wait until the homeless start getting the virus?

IMO healthcare for all 100% paid for...no deductions...no out of pocket....don't have the money were's your boy (Trump) getting all this money for the bailout and $2,800 dollars isn't much per-couple these days...they say the last bailout they could have bought a home for everyone in the USA with the money? We working class people must be missing out on something...nope just F'ed again.

Bernie is absolutely right 100%
    Last edited by fedexnuno; 03-22-2020 at 01:57 PM.

4. Likes wizard, 2631, fxstc07 Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF Freightway

Italy has suppose to be the second best healthcare in the world.. How is that working out for the older population in Italy?? If they had the 2nd best in the world then why weren't they prepared?? How come they didn't have enough test kits in the beginning?? Questions Questions and more questions.. Everyone wants to be a back seat quarterback.. Test Kits?? Maybe because you just can't find them in the 7/11.. The virus is like four months .. Do you really think that they had test kits for this in January?? They had to be manufactured.. Even Italy sent us some.. They got theirs from China.. Europe is a mess.. Where do you think this country would be if Trump didn't close travel from Europe and China?? Maybe more like Italy?? so many questions.. And it seems everyone has time on their hands..
    For decades you've been pushing the Republican line,''Starve the Government'' you cried,''Government is the Problem'' you roared,over and over and over again...Now when people need a functioning healthcare system in the US we can say,we don't have one because it would cut into corporate profits and a functioning healthcare system would only ''Serve'' the working class,working poor,and the poor anyway...But that's ok because Big Pharma and Insurance company executives are making $MILLIONS!!!!

We were woefully unprepared because we're being lead by people who care NOTHING about our health and the health of our loved ones...All those in power care about is the potential DAMAGE to their profits,everything else is simply collateral damage...And if you don't believe that by NOW,well,let me just say I have a bridge to sell you that runs across the river into Brooklyn...The virus is going to run rampant and we can forget mitigation or containment...And that's why states like Jersey and NY are taking these drastic measures...

6. Likes 2631, fxstc07, fedexnuno Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    For decades you've been pushing the Republican line,''Starve the Government'' you cried,''Government is the Problem'' you roared,over and over and over again...Now when people need a functioning healthcare system in the US we can say,we don't have one because it would cut into corporate profits and a functioning healthcare system would only ''Serve'' the working class,working poor,and the poor anyway...But that's ok because Big Pharma and Insurance company executives are making $MILLIONS!!!!

We were woefully unprepared because we're being lead by people who care NOTHING about our health and the health of our loved ones...All those in power care about is the potential DAMAGE to their profits,everything else is simply collateral damage...And if you don't believe that by NOW,well,let me just say I have a bridge to sell you that runs across the river into Brooklyn...The virus is going to run rampant and we can forget mitigation or containment...And that's why states like Jersey and NY are taking these drastic measures...
    Can you prove that lie that I have been pushing the Republican line for decades?? I'll be waiting..

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF Freightway

Can you prove that lie that I have been pushing the Republican line for decades?? I'll be waiting..
    Sorry,my bad...Conservative line...feel better?...Now,how about your thoughts on the content of my post?...That's the important issue here...

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    Sorry,my bad...Conservative line...feel better?...Now,how about your thoughts on the content of my post?...That's the important issue here...
    Okay I will let you slide this time. As far as your post?? I agree with you on some. As far as the size of government. Sometimes there are departments that are way overloaded . Many government jobs are created with out meaning.That is you may have a department that has a budget and many times jobs are created just to fill the budget then they ask for more money.
    As far as the virus??Yeah you can say we were unprepared as the whole world is unprepared. China is the problem. Had they told is about it earlier then maybe it could have been contained. It seems hospital beds are in big demand. New York City has a huge problem but if you want to go back and blame anyone then the blame goes back on the former politicians that allowed many hospitals to be closed over the last thirty years.You know what they are now?? Apartments and condos. Many billions made for the real estate developers..
    That mayor in New York Is just as guilty. He tried to close down the stables in midtown using that it was inhumane treatment of the horses. If course that was BS. As the stables were in Prime real estate locations. To this day I don't know if he even followed up on it. But again it was all about the money.
    Some on here say healthcare is a right and companies out profit ahead of people.. Part of it is correct. Our healthcare system is a mess. There is no doubt about that. Many call for Medicare for all. Again I would like to see that happen but first they have to fix a broken system..Maybe they should just come up with a different name for it.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF Freightway

Okay I will let you slide this time. As far as your post?? I agree with you on some. As far as the size of government. Sometimes there are departments that are way overloaded . Many government jobs are created with out meaning.That is you may have a department that has a budget and many times jobs are created just to fill the budget then they ask for more money.
    As far as the virus??Yeah you can say we were unprepared as the whole world is unprepared. China is the problem. Had they told is about it earlier then maybe it could have been contained. It seems hospital beds are in big demand. New York City has a huge problem but if you want to go back and blame anyone then the blame goes back on the former politicians that allowed many hospitals to be closed over the last thirty years.You know what they are now?? Apartments and condos. Many billions made for the real estate developers..
    That mayor in New York Is just as guilty. He tried to close down the stables in midtown using that it was inhumane treatment of the horses. If course that was BS. As the stables were in Prime real estate locations. To this day I don't know if he even followed up on it. But again it was all about the money.
    Some on here say healthcare is a right and companies out profit ahead of people.. Part of it is correct. Our healthcare system is a mess. There is no doubt about that. Many call for Medicare for all. Again I would like to see that happen but first they have to fix a broken system..Maybe they should just come up with a different name for it.
    This time?...I'm almost compelled to provoke you to see what happens the next time...But I'll let that impulse slide(pun intended)...With that being said...Thank You for a cogent and intelligent response...No easy solutions to such complicated matters...

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Medicare for all or socialized medicine or single payer.. Call it what you want.. This post is about medicare that many think is the answer to everything.. A good friend of ours had been checking on her father who was 95 years old and still living home with his second wife who is 88.. After a small time in the hospital our friend was told that her father had to be put in a nursing home because he was unable to walk.. he didn't want to go .. Being on medicare his hospital time was up and they forced him into some medicare paid nursing home.. She stayed with him for five days and nights,she tried to get some sleep in a chair,and finally told her father she had to go home to get cleaned up and needed fresh clothes.. She lived about an hour and a half away.. She went home and fell asleep.. She went back to the nursing home and found her father dead.. From the time she left no one at the nursing home checked on him..eleven hours she was gone. She was very close to him and is devastated .. My brother was in a similar situation in Florida after having a stroke.. My niece went down to Florida and brought him back to New York.. He lived for another 6 years.. The nursing home in Florida told her he only had a few weeks..
    This is the system that the left wants to give everyone. Well if you want to sell this :(:(:(:( they might want to fix it first..
    The nursing homes can take your house too when you pass.

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    The nursing homes can take your house too when you pass.
    Only if you sign an agreement ( or whoever controls your affairs ) before your admitted allowing your owned property to used as payment for services rendered.
    It's corporate greed that our government condones.

Remove profits from my healthcare.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by Sayheykid View Post

It is Medicare that allows these nursing homes to operate without oversight.. I delivered to a few over the years and for the most part most of the workers seemed to be low paid employees that most likely don't give a crap..I have also delivered to a high priced expensive one.. big difference in the care you get.. Again what I am saying is before you wish for something it needs to be fixed or start with something totally different with a different name.. When I hear Medicare for all it is what I have sen that will come to mind..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast