Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biden planning — again — to announce his candidacy, then visit Pittsburgh next week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Biden planning — again — to announce his candidacy, then visit Pittsburgh next we

I have always said to be careful of what you wish for.
    https://truthout.org/articles/biden-...sting-lawyers/

Comment

Re: Biden planning — again — to announce his candidacy, then visit Pittsburgh next we

Originally posted by crazy View Post
      I have always said to be careful of what you wish for.
      https://truthout.org/articles/biden-...sting-lawyers/
      I almost posted "unbelievable"........but it is believable anymore...no wonder our numbers decrease instead of increase....Hillary and Obama probably did the same.
      Scum.

Comment

I must admit this makes me very happy.

More Than 1,200 IBEW Members Call on Union Leadership to Retract Biden Endorsement
        On February 5, the 775,000-member International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers announced that it was endorsing Joe Biden for president. It was Biden’s biggest union endorsement campaign so far in his presidential campaign. This week, nearly 1,300 IBEW members who support Bernie Sanders sent a letter to union membership asking them to retract that decision.

The letter, from “IBEW Members For Bernie,” blasts the union’s leadership for endorsing Biden without a vote of members. “The leadership of the union had previously provided reassurance to the membership that they would trust the judgement of rank-and-file leaders and members to represent their own interest in the 2020 presidential primary, and we are disappointed that the International has instead thrown their weight behind the Biden campaign without member consultation,” it reads. The letter says that those who sign it support Sanders’ “transformative vision for expanding the labor movement, as well as the democracy and the solidarity that his campaign embodies.” It concludes, “We are calling on the International Officers to immediately retract their endorsement and call for the rank-and-file to participate in a democratic endorsement process by participating in an in person vote at their March local union meeting.”

It is signed by more than 1,200 IBEW members from across the country, including dozens who identify themselves as officers or members of the executive boards of their locals. Signatures were still being added as of Monday night.
        More Than 1,200 IBEW Members Call on Union Leadership to Retract Biden Endorsement

Comment

And this does not make me happy!

Joe Biden Finally Gets a Big Win

Columbia, South Carolina—When Hillary Clinton trounced Senator Bernie Sanders in the 2016 South Carolina primary 3 to 1, it was possible to say the race for the Democratic presidential nomination was effectively over. (In fact, I said it here.) Clinton’s dominance with black voters—she beat Sanders 86-14—heralded the way she’d sweep through Southern primaries and also win states with large populations of color. And so she did.

Joe Biden’s impressive victory here Saturday night—he beat Sanders 48-20—means no such thing. What it does, though, is keep Biden alive, providing him momentum headed into Super Tuesday, three days away, when 14 states will vote, including Virginia, North Carolina, Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, and Texas in the South.

“For all those who’ve been knocked down or counted out, this is your campaign,” an ebullient Biden told the crowd at the University of South Carolina volleyball gym Saturday night, the same place Clinton declared victory four years ago, although it seemed about half as full. “With the heart of the Democratic Party, we just won big, because of you.” Indeed, Biden beat Sanders among black voters 61-17, meaning the Vermont senator only inched his black vote share up by 3 points.
          https://www.thenation.com/article/po...olina-primary/

Comment

Originally posted by ABFwife View Post
            And this does not make me happy!

Joe Biden Finally Gets a Big Win

https://www.thenation.com/article/po...olina-primary/
            2631 posted about the corrupt open primary in SC.
            GOP can and did vote in the Democrat primary. They wanted the least likely to beat Trump candidate to win.
            Looks like he did.

Post #1540 here:
            http://teamstersonline.com/forums/po...tml#post407155
            Last edited by slavenomore; 03-01-2020, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slavenomore View Post
              2631 posted about the corrupt open primary in SC.
              GOP can and did vote in the Democrat primary. They wanted the least likely to beat Trump candidate to win.
              Looks like he did.

Post #1540 here:
              http://teamstersonline.com/forums/po...tml#post407155
              What the Republicans did in South Carolina IMO was wrong. Thankfully I live in a state where you have to be registered in the party you want to vote for. Besides from what I have read and seen over the last few days were that there were many republicans that were voting for Bernie.. So either 1, Bernie got more votes than people supporting him or 2, Biden got more votes... Super Tuesday is just a few days away. I believe a few more will drop out. Or they will l go on and on till the Democratic Convention.

Comment

This was posted yesterday while I was at work so it is a day late but something many people should be remembering. I'm tired of hearing about guns! This is the big issue. And now its probably too late for Bernie.

Never Forget: Anti-Union Attorneys Also Love Joe Biden
                In the week since his strong showing on Super Tuesday, Joe Biden has collected a raft of new labor union endorsements. As voters in more states head to the polls, it is worth remembering that Biden launched his campaign with a fundraiser co-hosted by the head of an anti-union law firm.

On April 24, 2019, Biden kicked off his presidential campaign at a union hall in Pittsburgh, full of members of the Teamsters, United Steelworkers and firefighters union. The following night, April 25, Biden attended his first major campaign fundraiser, held at the Philadelphia home of Comcast executive David Cohen. That event was co-hosted by Steve Cozen, the chairman of the large national law firm Cozen O’Connor. That firm’s labor practice works for company management against the interest of unions.

Biden’s fundraiser, held right on the heels of his splashy appearance with union members, drew condemnation in the labor press. Asked this week about that criticism in light of Biden’s possible impending nomination as the Democratic candidate for president, Steve Cozen said, “Total nonsense. We are supporters of organized labor, as is Joe, though many of our clients are on the employer side of disputes or negotiations. It was a non sequitor stretch made by someone who didn’t know better.”

Comment

This was posted yesterday while I was at work so it is a day late but something many people should be remembering. I'm tired of hearing about guns! This is the big issue. And now its probably too late for Bernie.

Not too late for Bernie. If he wants to mount a comeback he has to do well this weekend at the debate unless of course the DNC blocks it.. He has to stop being the NICE guy. Yesterday I spent the day with two of my boys,both Bernie guys,they said if Bernie doesn't run they both said they will not vote.. He still can get there but calling Joe Biden a good friend isn't working for him..

Comment

It is looking more and more than Sleepy Joe is gonna be the Democratic candidate for president. There are days it seems he doesn't seem to know what's going on around him. Last week he came out and said Trump was messing up the whole handling of the Corona virus crisis. He came out with his own plan on how he would handle it. Everything he said he would do Trump has already done it. Now he tried to reach out to his supporters with a live feed again about Coronavirus. The recording of part of the live feed is near the bottom of the link..

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...riefing-video/

Comment

Enough. Enough already! For the love of God , Mrs. Biden , take your husband home.
                      Stop letting the DNC prop him up and be fodder for the snickering twitter trolls , laughing
                      at his confusion and blank stares and rambling words.

How about some empathy and compassion for this man , and his family?

I know what this is.

Comment

Originally posted by x475 View Post
                        Enough. Enough already! For the love of God , Mrs. Biden , take your husband home.
                        Stop letting the DNC prop him up and be fodder for the snickering twitter trolls , laughing
                        at his confusion and blank stares and rambling words.

How about some empathy and compassion for this man , and his family?

I know what this is.
                        I have not watched one single debate. I don't watch politics on tv anymore. I get enough of it right here. Therefore I have not seen what everyone is talking about. I don't want him as president because I don't agree with his ideas. I want Bernie as president as everyone knows. If he has dementia, then I feel very bad for him. And yes, maybe someone who cares about him should get him out of the race or better yet should never have encouraged it in the first place. Yes I know what it is too.

Comment

Where are Biden's advisors ?? It is sad that everyday it seems he says something that makes him look dumb.. I agree with X475 .. My father had dementia and it is sad to see what is happening to Biden.. I am not a doctor but after seeing Biden and going through what my dad went through it is similar. It does seem though the Democrats are so desperate to stop Bernie they will accept Biden.

https://bongino.com/biden-just-cant-...f-coronavirus/

Comment

Joe Biden Tells AFL-CIO Coronavirus a ‘Chance’ to Change U.S. Economy

Oh sure, that all sounds great but I don't believe him. I don't think he has what it takes. Now you listen to Bernie and that man is beside himself with what is going on!

“Once we break the infection curve and stem this public health crisis, we’re going to face an immense job of rebuilding this economy,” Biden said.

“We can’t just return to an unfair and unequal economy that’s stacked against American workers,” he said, adding “the middle class was built by unions,” and unions will be the “driver” of the success on the other side of the virus outbreak.

“We know what that needs to look like. This will be our chance to make it real,” Biden vowed.

After ticking through a laundry list of pro-union proposals, Biden said, “And above all, more union members, more unions, more collective bargaining everywhere in America. In the private sector. In the public sector. In the federal government.”

Biden said if they elect him in November, “no one” will fight harder for them than him.

“My dad used to say the only way to deal with the abuse of power is with power,” he said. “You are the only power we have.”

He vowed — by repeating it three times — to “promote unions.”

“I want to promise you, that’s what I’m going to do. Not just support unions but promote formation of more unions. Take on those corporations that are spending a billion dollars a year to make it difficult to organize,” Biden said, claiming they’re “violating the law.”

He then said he was talking too long and took a single question before signing off.
                            https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...e-u-s-economy/

Comment

Joe Biden Tells AFL-CIO Coronavirus a ‘Chance’ to Change U.S. Economy

Oh sure, that all sounds great but I don't believe him. I don't think he has what it takes. Now you listen to Bernie and that man is beside himself with what is going on!

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...e-u-s-economy/
                              I agree that he doesn't have what it takes.. That said I think the DNC will either replace him or try to delay the election somehow if that is even possible.. In a lot of ways I feel sorry for Biden.. His wife is a doctor and it's hard to believe she allows him to go out and try to make speeches on the internet.. Really starting to wonder if his health is more important or her becoming the "first" lady..

Comment

Here we go!! Obama is endorsing Biden.. The balloons will be out in Biden's basement when he does his live thing on the internet..

https://dailycaller.com/2020/04/14/o..._campaign=push

Former President Barack Obama will endorse former Vice President Joe Biden on Tuesday, according to CNN.

Obama’s endorsement will reportedly come via a produced video sometime Tuesday. Obama had proven unwilling to endorse Biden throughout the Democratic primary, with Biden going so far as to say he’d asked the former president not to endorse him

Comment

Working...
                                X