President Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: President Donald Trump

I don't agree with this. Since when is it acceptable to use our military personnel for a political rally's protection force ?

Oklahoma National Guard soldiers activated for Trump rally in Tulsa
    As many as 250 Oklahoma Army National Guard soldiers are being activated to help provide security during President Donald Trump’s campaign rally Saturday in Tulsa, authorities said Wednesday.
    Tulsa Police Chief Wendell Franklin said the Guardsmen will be used as a “force multiplier” to help secure safety zones around the downtown BOK Center where the rally is to be held.The Guardsmen will be unarmed but will carry shields, batons and pepper spray in case they need to protect themselves, said Guard spokesman Lt. Col. Geoff Legler.
    Franklin says officers from multiple local, state and federal law enforcement agencies also will help provide security and that several blocks downtown will be closed for Saturday’s event.

A two-day Juneteenth celebration also is scheduled for Friday and Saturday in the Greenwood District near downtown, and several anti-Trump protests are planned for Saturday.
    https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-...ally-in-tulsa/

Comment

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
      I don't agree with this. Since when is it acceptable to use our military personnel for a political rally's protection force ?

Oklahoma National Guard soldiers activated for Trump rally in Tulsa

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-...ally-in-tulsa/
      Good question. I think there are a few cities that are waiting to be reimbursed for hosting previous rallies.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 222lifer View Post
        Good question. I think there are a few cities that are waiting to be reimbursed for hosting previous rallies.
        Since you mentioned it. Of course they haven't paid. Does Trump ever pay ? Ask any local contractor in Atlantic City that same question.

Report: MAGA Rallies Cost These 14 Cities $1.82 Million. But The Trump Campaign Isn’t Paying
        Fourteen cities across the country want Trump’s campaign to repay a combined $1.82 million in public safety costs incurred during the president’s “Make America Great Again” campaign rallies, arguing that the money is desperately needed in the fight against coronavirus, according to a report from the Center for Public Integrity.
        According to the Center for Public Integrity, Trump’s reelection campaign maintained that it’s not responsible for the expenses since the U.S. Secret Service coordinates with local law enforcement.

The Secret Service, however, receives no congressional funding to make such reimbursements, officials said.
        https://www.forbes.com/sites/marleyc.../#2b3a5bc37e74

Comment

https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/06...nce/#gsc.tab=0
          I live on Long Island, New York where Trump visited in 2017 and, addressing an auditorium full of police, encouraged them to be more violent in handling prisoners.

“Please don’t be too nice,” he told the audience in Brentwood, a largely Latino community where my family once lived. He spoke of the precautions typically taken when police place a hand on an arrestee’s head while they’re being put in a police car to protect them. “When you guys put somebody in the car and you’re protecting their head you know, the way you put their hand over [their head],” Trump said, mimicking the motion….”You can take the hand away, OK?’ Trump went on: “I have to tell you, you know, the laws are so horrendously stacked against us, because for years and years, they’ve been made to protect the criminal. Totally made to protect the criminal. Not the officers. You do something wrong, you’re in more jeopardy than they are.”

He praised the roughness of agents of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. “They’re rough guys, they’re rough.”
          Last edited by fedexnuno; 06-20-2020, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Too bad the criminals weren’t brought up to have respect for law enforcement,maybe then the beloved criminals would get some respect from police that are trying to do their job.
            Babysitting and catering law breakers and criminals isn’t the job of law enforcement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Trumps back on it with the Tulsa Rally. Great speech. The Dems can't beat him. NeverTrump can't beat him.Biden sure as Hell can't beat him. Another 4 years on the way.
              It would probably be a wiser move if our union supported him than supported all the loser stuff that comes with the ones we have supported on the left.
              He is on the right track and the left is way off imo.

Comment

Originally posted by slavenomore View Post
                Trumps back on it with the Tulsa Rally. Great speech. The Dems can't beat him. NeverTrump can't beat him.Biden sure as Hell can't beat him. Another 4 years on the way.
                It would probably be a wiser move if our union supported him than supported all the loser stuff that comes with the ones we have supported on the left.
                He is on the right track and the left is way off imo.
                I don't see it any more as a Trump landslide. I don't think our union should support Trump or any republican. The democrats may not have done a whole lot for labor. But the republicans have done nothing for us. The republicans are anti union and out to destroy the labor movement.

I don't believe that the democrat platform will have very much of the "loser stuff" you refer to. Remember all the unfulfilled Trump campaign promises. "on day one I will repeal and and replace Obamacare" "I'm gonna build a big beautiful wall and Mexico is gonna pay for it" etc. It's all B/S. They all make promises they can't keep. I foolishly voted for Trump as the lesser of the 2 evils. I'm no fan of Biden but this time I believe that he is the lesser of the 2 evils. And besides labor and the middle and lower class have a better chance with the democrats.

The Trump campaign can blame the "fake news" media, or the pandemic, or the protesters for the poor showing at his Tulsa rally. But it shows me he doesn't have the blind support that his campaign rhetoric got him 4 years ago.

President Trump’s attempt to revive his re-election campaign sputtered badly on Saturday night as he traveled to Tulsa for his first mass rally in months and found a far smaller crowd than his aides had promised him, then delivered a disjointed speech that did not address the multiple crises facing the nation or scandals battering him in Washington.

The weakness of Mr. Trump’s drawing power and political skills, in a state that voted for him overwhelmingly and in a format that he favors, raised new questions about his electoral prospects for a second term at a time when his poll numbers were already falling. And rather than speak to the wide cross-section of Americans who say they are concerned about police violence and systemic racism, he continued to use racist language, describing the coronavirus as “Kung Flu.”

While the president’s campaign had claimed that more than a million people had sought tickets for the rally, the 19,000-seat BOK Center was at least one-third empty during the rally. A second, outdoor venue was so sparsely attended that he and Vice President Mike Pence both canceled appearances there.
                https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elect...sJW?li=BBnb7Kz

Comment

Originally posted by 2631 View Post
                  I don't see it any more as a Trump landslide. I don't think our union should support Trump or any republican. The democrats may not have done a whole lot for labor. But the republicans have done nothing for us. The republicans are anti union and out to destroy the labor movement.

I don't believe that the democrat platform will have very much of the "loser stuff" you refer to. Remember all the unfulfilled Trump campaign promises. "on day one I will repeal and and replace Obamacare" "I'm gonna build a big beautiful wall and Mexico is gonna pay for it" etc. It's all B/S. They all make promises they can't keep. I foolishly voted for Trump as the lesser of the 2 evils. I'm no fan of Biden but this time I believe that he is the lesser of the 2 evils. And besides labor and the middle and lower class have a better chance with the democrats.

The Trump campaign can blame the "fake news" media, or the pandemic, or the protesters for the poor showing at his Tulsa rally. But it shows me he doesn't have the blind support that his campaign rhetoric got him 4 years ago.

You want a pension deal.
                  Trump is the one to deal with.
                  The Dems will talk about it knowing they will do nothing.
                  Trump had more blacks working than ever.
                  That fixes the cop and crime problem in the long run.
                  The Dems love when they suffer. Then the blacks " need" them for free money to survive.
                  Illegals are not good for anybody but business who use them because they have next to no rights. Then they use that to lower standards and pay throughout the job market.
                  He works on the war stuff.
                  Business-as-usual will give unions the same as we have gotten all of your working years since the 70's.....nothing but backpedaling.
                  Trump is the deal maker. Work with him and maybe we get something out of our pensions. Fight him and the Dems won't even try to save us. They never do.

What do you think of his 91% approval number about the VA?
                  defunding the police doesn't sound good for police and pensions.....yet that is what dems want.
                  Last edited by slavenomore; 06-21-2020, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Lots of opinions expressed so I won't start challenging any of them except your claim about his so-called 91% approval at the VA.
                    Mind providing some proof of that ?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
                      Lots of opinions expressed so I won't start challenging any of them except your claim about his so-called 91% approval at the VA.
                      Mind providing some proof of that ?

I heard him say it at the rally. I was asking what you thought about it. The VA isn't one of my interests and I don't follow it. I know you guys do.

Comment

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/20...e-biden-300222
                        “For Joe Biden, police are shaking their heads because he used to be a stand-up guy who backed law enforcement,” Johnson said. “But it seems in his old age, for whatever reason, he’s writing a sad final chapter when it comes to supporting law enforcement.”

As the two presidential candidates confront one of the most racially combustible moments in recent history, they are taking decidedly different tacks.

President Donald Trump has issued a full-throated call to restore “law and order” — even threatening military action to beat back violent protests. Biden has tiptoed around the defense of law enforcement, focusing instead on the need for reforms amid deep-seated racial disparities plaguing the nation.

........Though many police tend to lean to the right politically, the criticism from the National Association of Police Organizations is new. NAPO endorsed Barack Obama in 2008 and 2012 because of Biden’s presence on the ticket, Johnson said.

More than eight months before Obama’s reelection, the Black Lives Matter movement began in response to the shooting death of a black Florida teenager, Trayvon Martin, by a self-appointed neighborhood watchman. BLM made police brutality, systemic racism and the 1994 crime bill top issues for progressives in the 2016 and 2020 Democratic presidential primaries
                        Last edited by slavenomore; 06-21-2020, 08:58 AM.

Comment

I heard him say it at the rally. I was asking what you thought about it. The VA isn't one of my interests and I don't follow it. I know you guys do.
                          Another lie.
                          He's good at slinging the bull.

At least the dedicated throngs of followers are diminishing.
                          Sure sign that people are tiring of the deceit and lies.

Comment

You want a pension deal.
                            Trump is the one to deal with
                            Then why don't we have one? Trump's party controls McConnell and the senate. The house has passed 2 pension bills only to have them shelved by the republican controlled senate. If Trump truly wanted the pension deal he could have gotten it passed last year.

Illegals are not good for anybody but business who use them because they have next to no rights. Then they use that to lower standards and pay throughout the job market.
                            And the republicans are for business. If Trump wanted to stop cheap labor then why didn't he do it when he had control of both houses?

He works on the war stuff.
                            And he damn sure should. He's the Commander in Chief. His indecisive flip flop policies have weakened moral in the military.

Business-as-usual will give unions the same as we have gotten all of your working years since the 70's.....nothing but backpedaling.
                            And I suppose that Reagan and the Bushes had nothing to do with it. Reelecting Trump would continue business as usual.

Trump is the deal maker. Work with him and maybe we get something out of our pensions. Fight him and the Dems won't even try to save us. They never do.
                            Yes he is a deal maker but for who? It certainly isn't for labor. Remind me what he has really already done for us in 3 1/2 years.

I call B/S on that as he quietly fills VA executive positions with insiders who are working to privatize the VA.

defunding the police doesn't sound good for police and pensions.....yet that is what dems want
                            Who are these dems you are referring to? It's just radical far left posturing for votes. How can any city "defund" it's police department and still maintain order and protect it's population? It sounds good to the radical left. Kind of like Mexico paying for the wall.IMO it won't happen.................Slave I'm not going to change your mind on Trump. I only got into this because you suggested that our union should support Trump and I believe that he isn't for unions. He, along with any politician, will promise anything to get reelected. But his track record from his first term isn't pro labor. So why would the Teamsters or organized labor want to give him another 4 years?

Comment

Originally posted by 2631 View Post

Excellent comment 2631,especially your reversal ''lesser of 2 evils'' statement...That is the dilemma and choice that unfortunately,millions of Americans will have to make...What a sad state of affairs for all Working Class Americans when we have no other 'choice' but ''lesser'' of 2 Evils...

Comment

Originally posted by wizard View Post
                                Excellent comment 2631,especially your reversal ''lesser of 2 evils'' statement...That is the dilemma and choice that unfortunately,millions of Americans will have to make...What a sad state of affairs for all Working Class Americans when we have no other 'choice' but ''lesser'' of 2 Evils...
                                Exactly like four years ago. Nothing has changed.

Comment

Working...
                                X