Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coronavirus

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
    The state of Ohio has asked employers to report employees that refuse to work over coronavirus concerns.
    My opinion on the back to work thing has always been about not paying unemployment claims. This seems to indicate that.
    Fear for your life ? Don't worry, go back to work anyway.

OHIO GOVERNMENT INVITES EMPLOYERS TO SECRETLY REPORT “WORK REFUSAL” DUE TO CORONAVIRUS

https://theintercept.com/2020/05/06/...-unemployment/
    How many people would use that excuse to not return to work?? Especially if they are getting a extra $600 in the unemployment check..

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
      How many people would use that excuse to not return to work?? Especially if they are getting a extra $600 in the unemployment check..
      That's not how that works.
      Read the story. That extra $600 is in a separate filing.
      People are hungry and need to pay their rent now. Not later.
      I know several family members now on unemployment. None have received that extra money. Some waited weeks for the first funds to be deposited in their account.

But let's dismiss those needing help because we must fund the wealthy multi-billion dollar corporations first.

Comment

That's not how that works.
        Read the story. That extra $600 is in a separate filing.
        People are hungry and need to pay their rent now. Not later.
        I know several family members now on unemployment. None have received that extra money. Some waited weeks for the first funds to be deposited in their account.

But let's dismiss those needing help because we must fund the wealthy multi-billion dollar corporations first.
        That $600 is coming the Federal goverment through the states.. Trump wanted to pay it directly but Nancy wouldn't go for it.. This whole thing just proves just how piss poor the system is.. As far as the corporations getting money first.. That would be on the banks.. They controlled who gets the money,they make the loans and get the money from the government..

And I did read the story.. Ohio is no different from any other state .. If one is unemployed and your company calls you back then you must go back or lose your unemployment benefits ..Been like that as long as I can remember.. As far as using the Corona virus as an excuse not to work?? As long as the company follows all the guidelines they should return..

Comment

That $600 is coming the Federal goverment through the states.. Trump wanted to pay it directly but Nancy wouldn't go for it.. This whole thing just proves just how piss poor the system is.. As far as the corporations getting money first.. That would be on the banks.. They controlled who gets the money,they make the loans and get the money from the government..

And I did read the story.. Ohio is no different from any other state .. If one is unemployed and your company calls you back then you must go back or lose your unemployment benefits ..Been like that as long as I can remember.. As far as using the Corona virus as an excuse not to work?? As long as the company follows all the guidelines they should return..
          I believe I said it was a separate filing.
          None of my relatives have received that extra $600.

As the story says:
          Ohioans who are unemployed as a result of the pandemic but don’t qualify for regular unemployment benefits can also register for a new federal unemployment program, Pandemic Unemployment Assistance, that provides unemployment plus a federally funded $600 per week until July 25.
          Now considering how badly the stimulus package has distributed the funds already, I think it might have been a good choice to funnel unemployment through the states systems.
          But go ahead and blame the banks. There is always another to blame in the Trump administration. The blame game at it's finest.

Then you say "As long as the company follows all the guidelines they should return."
          Sure, we'll all just believe corporate America will do the right thing. They always do ...

Comment

As the story says:

Now considering how badly the stimulus package has distributed the funds already, I think it might have been a good choice to funnel unemployment through the states systems.
            But go ahead and blame the banks. There is always another to blame in the Trump administration. The blame game at it's finest.

Then you say "As long as the company follows all the guidelines they should return."
            Sure, we'll all just believe corporate America will do the right thing. They always do ...
            Does anyone know how to go about filing for this extra $600.00 a week? And do they have to have been approved for unemployment or already on unemployment through their state? Important question for one of my kids.

Comment

As the story says:

That extra $600 was suppose to come directly from the state's unemployment funds,The Trump administration wanted to send it directly to those affected but again I will tell you it was the Democrats insisting the funds go through the states.. The states computer systems are old and couldn't handle it.. If you want to push blame then blame the ones who created the mess..Everything with you is its Trumps fault..

If a company is not following the guidelines put forth then the employees should report them ..

As far as people not getting unemployment?? I know people in PA that haven't gotten any yet either so it's not just Ohio..

Comment

Given the lack of concern for our well being as an "essential" during these times, I support those who feel they are being pushed into a no win/life or death situation. Profits over people. They literally would step over our dead bodies without a second thought.

"How many people would use that excuse to not return to work?" How many have faked an industrial injury? How many take sick leave when they aren't sick? Was that the thought process that brought the conclusion? Deal with the individuals that abuse case by case.

I heard Mango Mousolinni relates this pandemic as to a war. Then how about upgrading us to combat pay?

This is not the time to kneel down and pucker up to a bunch that could care less if we took another breath. They can kiss my instead.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 222lifer View Post
                  Given the lack of concern for our well being as an "essential" during these times, I support those who feel they are being pushed into a no win/life or death situation. Profits over people. They literally would step over our dead bodies without a second thought.

"How many people would use that excuse to not return to work?" How many have faked an industrial injury? How many take sick leave when they aren't sick? Was that the thought process that brought the conclusion? Deal with the individuals that abuse case by case.

I heard Mango Mousolinni relates this pandemic as to a war. Then how about upgrading us to combat pay?

This is not the time to kneel down and pucker up to a bunch that could care less if we took another breath. They can kiss my instead.

My son runs a Auto parts store, he has had employees tell him they would much rather collect unemployment than show up to work because they would make more money that way.. The company already gave them increases in pay and an extra 80 hours of sick time that they could use at their discretion.. .. They don't understand how the system works.. Maybe other businesses are different.. Everyone that I know who is still working have said the same thing.. No complaints ..
                  And yes I do believe those that were told they were essential should be rewarded when this is over.. If it is ever over..

Who's Mango Mousolinni ?? That your secret buddy inside of your head?? Don't feel bad,my little blind cat has a secret buddy also.. She plays with her all the time..

Comment

Another interesting video.. Ripley's believe it or not..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPfL...Y9LIEZVG8ptibg

Comment

My son runs a Auto parts store, he has had employees tell him they would much rather collect unemployment than show up to work because they would make more money that way.. The company already gave them increases in pay and an extra 80 hours of sick time that they could use at their discretion.. .. They don't understand how the system works.. Maybe other businesses are different.. Everyone that I know who is still working have said the same thing.. No complaints ..
                      And yes I do believe those that were told they were essential should be rewarded when this is over.. If it is ever over..

Who's Mango Mousolinni ?? That your secret buddy inside of your head?? Don't feel bad,my little blind cat has a secret buddy also.. She plays with her all the time..

We had a 17 worker layoff at our barn. All 17 wound up being "voluntary" before the company began swinging the axes in hopes they didn't die from Covid-19. You see, our barn had a couple of employees test positive. The response by the company? Pathetic would be a compliment. That being said, it's not much better than what I see day to day on my route. It has all been "reactive" rather than "proactive." A sad, sorry response at best.

What else could be expected when this administration failed miserably to protect their own? I see it everyday and have heard statements from management of the contractors up here that wouldn't set well with any worker.

I was reading a few of Mark Cuban's thoughts he'd posted. Why aren't we employing those laid off producing the needed supplies? Good question Mark. We could mobilize them. Why hasn't it happened?

The rich that are becoming richer, can't and won't ever see it from our side. They never will. Because they don't have to.

The Marmalade Manchild aka Cadet Bonespurs must make this trying health crisis into a political tool for what reason only God knows. Compare this to a war Donny? Maybe in his mind, as all he has to draw from are the deferments used to avoid service my family saw.

Last edited by 222lifer; 05-07-2020, 12:38 PM.

Comment

We had a 17 worker layoff at our barn. All 17 wound up being "voluntary" before the company began swinging the axes in hopes they didn't die from Covid-19. You see, our barn had a couple of employees test positive. The response by the company? Pathetic would be a compliment. That being said, it's not much better than what I see day to day on my route. It has all been "reactive" rather than "proactive." A sad, sorry response at best.

What else could be expected when this administration failed miserably to protect their own? I see it everyday and have heard statements from management of the contractors up here that wouldn't set well with any worker.

I was reading a few of Mark Cuban's thoughts he'd posted. Why aren't we employing those laid off producing the needed supplies? Good question Mark. We could mobilize them. Why hasn't it happened?

The rich that are becoming richer, can't and won't ever see it from our side. They never will. Because they don't have to.

The Marmalade Manchild aka Cadet Bonespurs must make this trying health crisis into a political tool for what reason only God knows. Compare this to a war Donny? Maybe in his mind, as all he has to draw from are the deferments used to avoid service my family saw.

I keep hearing you say Trump hasn't done enough.. And what he did do in the beginning he had Nancy and Chuckie fighting him every step of the way.. Go back to the timeline .. Now Nancy Pepozi is second in line to the White House behind Mike Pence.. She gets the same intel as they do.. Why didn't Nancy Pelozi sound the alarm if like you say enough wasn't done quick enough.. Oh that's right.. They were focused on Impeachment..Ans what were they doing in February?? Nothing..And they wanted to extend the impeachment hoax longer but thankfully it ended with the Senate.. And comparing it to a war?? Many from the left have also said that also..

Comment

I keep hearing you say Trump hasn't done enough.. And what he did do in the beginning he had Nancy and Chuckie fighting him every step of the way.. Go back to the timeline .. Now Nancy Pepozi is second in line to the White House behind Mike Pence.. She gets the same intel as they do.. Why didn't Nancy Pelozi sound the alarm if like you say enough wasn't done quick enough.. Oh that's right.. They were focused on Impeachment..Ans what were they doing in February?? Nothing..And they wanted to extend the impeachment hoax longer but thankfully it ended with the Senate.. And comparing it to a war?? Many from the left have also said that also..

Right on cue, the Faux Snooze diversion and spin vortex begins.

We go from reality in real time to whatever the latest conspiracy being pushed over on "State TV."

No rabbit hole for me today.

Comment

Right on cue, the Faux Snooze diversion and spin vortex begins.

We go from reality in real time to whatever the latest conspiracy being pushed over on "State TV."

No rabbit hole for me today.

Not a conspiracy!! Actual truth. Seems like you don't want to hear it..

Comment

Not a conspiracy!! Actual truth. Seems like you don't want to hear it..
                              I've heard it. Travel ban. Nope, it's a travel restriction, not a ban. Ban sounds better but doesn't cover up the smell of BS. There were infections coming in regardless. 28 countries beat Trump to that punch on travel to and from China. Woo hoo!

S. Korea and the US had infection the same date I'm told. We lead the world in infections. S. Korea? They killed it.

Yeah, It's a conspiracy. Conspiring to defraud America one Trump lie at a time...

Comment

https://youtu.be/G961-I_4S10

God bless those Hero Nurses who lost their Lives trying to save others with Coronavirus

Comment

Working...
                                X