No announcement yet.

Romney faces party scorn, isolation after impeachment vote: 'He is ostracized'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romney faces party scorn, isolation after impeachment vote: 'He is ostracized'

For those closest to the president, the business titan who was the party standard-bearer just eight years ago may never be forgiven over his dramatic vote to convict Trump on abuse of power this week. He could face primary challenges on top of the sustained scorn of Trump backers in his own state. His own family has a beef with him. The U.S. Capitol will become an instantly more challenging labyrinth of relationships.
    The Utah senator acknowledged as much in a Fox News interview, saying he expects "enormous" consequences for his impeachment trial decision.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rom...rn-impeachment

Re: Romney faces party scorn, isolation after impeachment vote: 'He is ostracized'

Mitt is all about Mitt...always has been...probably always will be...Bain Capital.

My hunch is Mitt has some involvement in this Ukraine thing or somewhere else in the world.....and it can be exposed if the Administration and media and lawyers keep digging.
    He has Hellhounds on his trail imo.

Comment

Re: Romney faces party scorn, isolation after impeachment vote: 'He is ostracized'

Mittens is taking quite a beating here in the land of Zion. I do agree with him on his stance on hearing from witnesses. He knew of the backlash and proceeded anyway. You get a thumbs up for having the stones to willingly be stoned by your party.

Comment

Originally posted by 222lifer View Post
        Mittens is taking quite a beating here in the land of Zion. I do agree with him on his stance on hearing from witnesses. He knew of the backlash and proceeded anyway. You get a thumbs up for having the stones to willingly be stoned by your party.

If it had been anyone other than Trump he would have voted not guilty. He is using his religion and values as an excuse.. He hates Trump.

Comment

The House was the one to call witnesses, not the Senate. Thats what I read about all this anyway. IMO its just a witch hunt anyway. Ill never be apart of the Democratic party the way they are now. Most have gone way to far left for the liking of many including Democratic voters.

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
            If it had been anyone other than Trump he would have voted not guilty. He is using his religion and values as an excuse.. He hates Trump.
            I don't know about all that but I do agree with you that he hates Trump.

Comment

I can't read the man's mind and only he can say for sure what is true in his heart. God knows and he will answer for it. Everything else is speculation.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                The House was the one to call witnesses, not the Senate. Thats what I read about all this anyway. IMO its just a witch hunt anyway. Ill never be apart of the Democratic party the way they are now. Most have gone way to far left for the liking of many including Democratic voters.
                I wanted to hear from anyone that had information. I wasn't alone in that wish.

Comment

I wanted to hear from anyone that had information. I wasn't alone in that wish.

Why didn't Schiff and Nadler call more witnesses. They could have gotten more but they didn't want to wait to go through the courts . They had to get it done before the Christmas recess. Then why did Nancy hold on to the impeachment for over 30 days?? The whole thing was a sham. They know they cannot beat Trump in 2020. Next best thing is to come up with excuses why they lost. You know Trump cheated. It's all a set up.

Comment

Why didn't Schiff and Nadler call more witnesses. They could have gotten more but they didn't want to wait to go through the courts . They had to get it done before the Christmas recess. Then why did Nancy hold on to the impeachment for over 30 days?? The whole thing was a sham. They know they cannot beat Trump in 2020. Next best thing is to come up with excuses why they lost. You know Trump cheated. It's all a set up.
                    They won’t stop the Trump Train now. The dems have lost it literally.

Drinking so don’t hold this against me lol lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                      They won’t stop the Trump Train now. The dems have lost it literally.

Drinking so don’t hold this against me lol lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Seems Romney has taken John McCain's place in the senate...

Hope your drinking something good. No sugar. Sugar leads to hangovers.

Comment

That is a strange response.
                        Using his religion and values as an excuse ?
                        I may not like Romney, but anybody that uses values is a good trait to have.

Comment

Schiff and Nadler could have called witnesses (they did) until the cows come home and it wouldn't matter one iota. The squatter in the Whitehouse had other ideas. Like every business deal he screwed his partners on......tie it up in court. Months if not years. Little by little more evidence and possible witnesses trickled in. Thanks for holding Nancy. Hurry up and get it done benefits only one person. The person doing his best to make sure witnesses are intimidated or blocked. Any person that has a witness that can exonerate them would be more than happy to see that they have an opportunity to testify. I'm with Romney on this. Let's hear what these witnesses have to say.

Comment

Schiff and Nadler could have called witnesses (they did) until the cows come home and it wouldn't matter one iota. The squatter in the Whitehouse had other ideas. Like every business deal he screwed his partners on......tie it up in court. Months if not years. Little by little more evidence and possible witnesses trickled in. Thanks for holding Nancy. Hurry up and get it done benefits only one person. The person doing his best to make sure witnesses are intimidated or blocked. Any person that has a witness that can exonerate them would be more than happy to see that they have an opportunity to testify. I'm with Romney on this. Let's hear what these witnesses have to say.

It's called executive privilege. Every President uses it including the prior President when Congress wanted information on Fast and Furious. The Dems played their cars wrong plain and simple.. Don't give up though as Mutt and Jeff want to impeach him again. Why?? Because they cannot beat in in November..

Comment

It's called executive privilege. Every President uses it including the prior President when Congress wanted information on Fast and Furious. The Dems played their cars wrong plain and simple.. Don't give up though as Mutt and Jeff want to impeach him again. Why?? Because they cannot beat in in November..
                              I have other words for it and executive privilege isn't it.

Any person that has a witness that can exonerate them would be more than happy to see that they have an opportunity to testify. I'm with Romney on this. Let's hear what these witnesses have to say.

Comment

Working...
                              X