Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coronavirus

Friends of our daughter is a nurse at Newark's Beth Israel Medical Center...A fellow nurse was suspended because she had the audacity to go over ''Corporates'' head and get 'needed' supplies that the hospital staff was running dangerously short of...The absolute GALL of these Corporate executives is despicable and outrageous...How DARE the doctors and nurses think for themselves,and CARE MORE for HEALTH and LIFE than ''PROFIT''...Doctors and nurses can think for themselves and they already KNOW what to use and how to use it...Suspending this nurse for buying the NECESSARY equipment to HELP her fellow nurses and keep themselves SAFE on the job is absolutely DISGRACEFUL...Another wonderful decision by a CEO Corporate Bureaucrat...He' the one who should be SUSPENDED!!!!!!!

https://www.propublica.org/article/a...-suspended-her

Comment

Originally posted by wizard View Post
      Friends of our daughter is a nurse at Newark's Beth Israel Medical Center...A fellow nurse was suspended because she had the audacity to go over ''Corporates'' head and get 'needed' supplies that the hospital staff was running dangerously short of...The absolute GALL of these Corporate executives is despicable and outrageous...How DARE the doctors and nurses think for themselves,and CARE MORE for HEALTH and LIFE than ''PROFIT''...Doctors and nurses can think for themselves and they already KNOW what to use and how to use it...Suspending this nurse for buying the NECESSARY equipment to HELP her fellow nurses and keep themselves SAFE on the job is absolutely DISGRACEFUL...Another wonderful decision by a CEO Corporate Bureaucrat...He' the one who should be SUSPENDED!!!!!!!

Wiz, I read that this morning on NJ.com.
      I couldn't put a "like" or "thanks" because I feel anger over the whole issue.
      I hope that nurse gets a competent attorney.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I read it also on NJ.com.. It's like a WTF moment..

Comment

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
          Wiz, I read that this morning on NJ.com.
          I couldn't put a "like" or "thanks" because I feel anger over the whole issue.
          I hope that nurse gets a competent attorney.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
          And when our friends called us about it,we were more than happy to chip in...And they asked us to keep spreading the word,which of course we were also more than happy too...And despite the virus,despite the job losses,despite family members with the virus,despite the isolation,despite EVERYTHING that's going on,the response was incredible and inspiring...A truly Working Class American trait that NO virus,NO politician,NO CEO,nothing and no one can EVER take away from US...''WE THE PEOPLE''!!!!!God Bless and be Safe...

Comment

https://www.politico.com/interactive...-of-new-cases/

Live tracker: How many coronavirus cases have been reported in each U.S. state?

Comment

don't know if you seen this site also.

https://coronaworld.eu

Comment

ShopRite supermarkets are a fixture in New Jersey. I know they graciously support the area food banks and church food pantry's. My church included.
                There have been reports of Shoprite employees testing positive in 28 different stores, mostly northern stores.
                The retired president of some area stores has died from the virus.
                There is no common denominator with the vicious killer.

Retired president of 5 ShopRite grocery stores in N.J. dies from coronavirus
                The patriarch and retired president of Ravitz Family Markets, which operates five ShopRite stores in South Jersey, has died from the coronavirus.
                Steve Ravitz, 73, who headed the company for four decades and was known for his warmth and philanthropy, died after fighting the virus for 13 days in the hospital, his son Jason Ravitz said online.
                Ravitz Family Markets runs the PriceRite of Camden and five ShopRites: two each in Cherry Hill and Mount Laurel, and one in Marlton.
                https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/...mily-says.html

Employees at 28 ShopRite locations have tested positive for COVID-19
                Twenty eight ShopRite supermarkets in New Jersey have had to take measures, including deep cleanings, after employees tested positive for COVID-19.
                Saying it is "committed to transparency," ShopRite has posted the circumstances on stores' individual Facebook pages, which were reviewed by the Asbury Park Press on Monday.
                The stores also underwent "deep cleaning procedures" including sanitizing all workspaces used by employees and common areas, ShopRite said on Facebook. Extra steps also were taken to deep clean and sanitize food contact surfaces and "high-touch areas" throughout the stores.
                ShopRite also has promoted social distancing and installed Plexiglass shields to help protect employees and customers.
                https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...19/ar-BB12eqU8

Comment

ShopRite supermarkets are a fixture in New Jersey. I know they graciously support the area food banks and church food pantry's. My church included.
                  There have been reports of Shoprite employees testing positive in 28 different stores, mostly northern stores.

Yeah I saw that today,we were gonna take a ride to our local Shoprite and changed our mind.. Up here there have been a few stores in the Hudson Valley that have employees that tested positive.. Wife has been trying to do the online shopping but never can get on their website..

Comment

Yes fx,many ShopRites here in North Jersey are only allowing a certain amount of customers in at a time,so you can imagine the long lines outside just waiting to get in...We went the other day,seen the line,looked at each other,and said 'fudgedaboudit'...ShopRite,along with other big box stores in the area,do now have what they call ''Elder Hours'' for the sake of political correctness...In other words,'old people hours'...We don't care what they call it,we'll take it...All kidding aside,it's a pretty good idea...Most of the stores have senior hours between 6:00 a.m. and 7 or 7:30 a.m....You have to be 60 years and older...We have that beat by a long shot!!!!!

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/...out-chaos.html

Comment

Yes fx,many ShopRites here in North Jersey are only allowing a certain amount of customers in at a time,so you can imagine the long lines outside just waiting to get in...We went the other day,seen the line,looked at each other,and said 'fudgedaboudit'...ShopRite,along with other big box stores in the area,do now have what they call ''Elder Hours'' for the sake of political correctness...In other words,'old people hours'...We don't care what they call it,we'll take it...All kidding aside,it's a pretty good idea...Most of the stores have senior hours between 6:00 a.m. and 7 or 7:30 a.m....You have to be 60 years and older...We have that beat by a long shot!!!!!

Our ShopRite up here doesn't have senior hours.. I called and asked and they told me no.. One other supermarket {Price Chopper}does and Walmart does but only on Tuesdays.. Like yours 6 to 7 in the morning.. We are good with everything except for veggies.. Son has a friend who owns a restaurant in town and they do orders to go and sell meats on the side .. He came home with a few steaks tonight.. Still have to make a beer run soon.. Before they close those also..

Comment

Not to get to far off subject. I prefer Acme stores in my area. Yes, they do provide "senior" hours. Every day, from 7am to 9am. Tuesday is also senior discount day, they take 5% off the final bill.
                        They won't stop someone from entering that isn't a senior, but they encourage those to respect the older folks who may be more at risk.
                        When I went Tuesday it wasn't crowded at all. 25 or 30 people at the most.

And yea Wiz ... 60 and older qualify. So your right, we have that beat by a long shot !

Comment

Wizard what are you doing home? Aren't you working or did you finally retire? How are the guys in Avenel handling the virus?

Comment

Originally posted by 2631 View Post
                            Wizard what are you doing home? Aren't you working or did you finally retire? How are the guys in Avenel handling the virus?
                            Retire?...What's that?...LoL...Long story short,still need the medical for family medical conditions...Would love to be retired,but as I've always said,you play the hand your dealt in life and make the best of it...With April 1st being the time we get all our vacation and personal days back,between my daughters driving me crazy about taking time off because of my age and recurring medical condition(nothing serious),and the fact for obvious reasons guys on the shape have been walking,I just decided to take some vacation time,I'm glad I did with what's going on here in Jersey...It's been pretty much business as usual at work,except of course social distancing,gloves,masks,hand sanitizer everywhere,keep wiping down the tractor with Clorox wipes,that kind of thing,it's trucking...It's the places of business and warehouses that a lot of guys are concerned about,myself included...Some of them not exactly following CDC rules and regulations,as you can imagine...Anyway,Thank You for asking 2631,you've always been a 'Class Act' my friend,and you can judge that by the fact some of your old customers,''Still'' ask how your doing!!!!....Alex and Shawn at Baker&Taylor for one,although they have since been gobbled up and sold off with everyone losing their job,the New America!!!!...Take Care and Be Safe 2631...

Comment

So we just got back from a beer run and a visit to the Local Shoprite.. Store wasn't busy and shelves were still half empty.. What go me though was even after the Governor of New Jersey signed into law that all people going into a grocery store including employees had to wear a facial mask.. About 90% of the customers had them on but what got me was maybe half of the employees did.. So when we got home we set almost everything on the table in the garage and wiped them down.. Clothes off in the garage and right into the washer.. Guess we are set for another few weeks..

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...grocery-stores

New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy (D) ordered all residents to wear masks in grocery stores as coronavirus cases and deaths continue to climb.

Murphy announced Wednesday that he was signing an executive order enforcing restrictions to try to decrease the spread of coronavirus in some of the only businesses that remain open in the state.

To lessen overcrowding, all “essential retail” stores will only be permitted to allow up to 50 percent of their approved capacity inside. All customers and employees will be required to wear face coverings while inside the store, and businesses must supply employees with masks, coverings and gloves.

Comment

https://youtu.be/NAh4uS4f78o

What a joke of pathetic people on the video

Comment

Working...
                                X