Big Brother is always listening..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Brother is always listening..

So we ventured out yesterday to the local supermarket .. While driving in the truck I had the XM radio on and a commercial for some land sales down in Tennessee has a commercial.. It got my wife's attention as they mentioned RV's.. So okay this morning I go on the computer and low and behold there are advertisements for the same land sales.. I asked my wife if she went on their site or looked them up and she told me she had forgotten about it... But somehow it showed up on my Facebook page.. This isn't the first time this has happened.. I do think these phones we all carry have listening devices in them.. It was so much easier to travel 30 or 40 years ago..

Re: Big Brother is always listening..

Some have mental illnesses involving some paranoia and such who think people are watching or listening to them....but nobody believes them.
    Can we imagine what this does to them?
    Or...maybe they finally feel normal. Because it's happening to everybody now.

Comment

Or just maybe the company is having a big advertising push ?
      I just saw an ad on social media for Jasper Highlands in Tennessee. I haven't looked at homes, land or otherwise.
      But if you think others are listening ...

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
        So we ventured out yesterday to the local supermarket .. While driving in the truck I had the XM radio on and a commercial for some land sales down in Tennessee has a commercial.. It got my wife's attention as they mentioned RV's.. So okay this morning I go on the computer and low and behold there are advertisements for the same land sales.. I asked my wife if she went on their site or looked them up and she told me she had forgotten about it... But somehow it showed up on my Facebook page.. This isn't the first time this has happened.. I do think these phones we all carry have listening devices in them.. It was so much easier to travel 30 or 40 years ago..
        Me, my daughter and several of my friends have had very strange experiences always involving our cell phones or FB. I do believe we are being listened to.

Comment

Originally posted by ABFwife View Post
          Me, my daughter and several of my friends have had very strange experiences always involving our cell phones or FB. I do believe we are being listened to.
          Facebook messenger is always listening.. I rarely use it but when I do it does seem I get ad's on Facebook that relates back to some words I may have been used.. The other one is google.. I turn off my location now [only use it when traveling] Got tired of them sending me messages on how was my visit to where ever I have been..Plus the wife and I have identical phones and if when traveling both put the same address in the navigation we generally get different directions.. Seems to want to send us by their advertisers..

Comment

I have never been a conspiracy type person but my phone and FB have proven to me that they know way too much about me.

Comment

For You
              Personalized stories based on your interests
              That's the header when I go to yahoo home page.
              They know because they track every site I visit.
              Of course our on-line activities are being tracked and monitered and data sold and searched.
              From our cell phones to our laptops and thru those horrid creatures Alexa and Siri.

All those "smart" devices : cable boxes , TV's , thermostats , Sirius radio , etc. ...all those devices
              monitor and collect data. To what end , who knows? Could someday a government decide to
              "save the planet" by remotely setting everyones thermostat? Or monitor it and send the green
              police if you didn't comply with their order to shut off your A/C? How about getting an e-mail citation
              for speeding because the GPS in your car ratted on you?

Big Brother is watching. All this electronic wizardry can , will , and is being used to control
              the populace. George Orwell had it right, but unlike the masses in his novel , we
              invited Big Brother in and embraced him.

I fear my progeny will never know the freedoms we are willingly giving up.

And yes , I've got duct tape over the camera lens in my laptop.

Comment

Well now this reminds me of a person who used to be on the site and all of his theories. I can’t remember what his name was but he was referenced to having a tin foil hat. I’m sure one of you guys or lady can help my old brain out with his name. Maybe the guy was onto something.

Comment

Originally posted by tiredseat View Post
                  Well now this reminds me of a person who used to be on the site and all of his theories. I can’t remember what his name was but he was referenced to having a tin foil hat. I’m sure one of you guys or lady can help my old brain out with his name. Maybe the guy was onto something.
                  That would be Busghetti Spaghetti. I think he is living in a bomb shelter in Nuno's backyard 12'underground lined with 5' thick lead walls. Nuno and Spaghetti are the only 2 I've ever spoken too offline. And Jimmy.
                  I know Nuno speaks to spaghetti a few times per day. Right? Lol.
                  He was really intense on the stuff.....and he wasn't wrong but had a hard time following direction from the administrators. He was a good guy though. Really into technology but my brain is too tired for that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by tiredseat View Post
                    Did he have the nickname of Noodles??

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
                      Did he have the nickname of Noodles??
                      I think somebody did call him that too. I don't know if that was a nickname or username. I know he used Spaghetti for his name though.

Comment

I was looking for his thread " Spaghetti's World" but it is gone probably due to updates or upgrades on the site. He g
                        Had all kinds of high tech stuff in there. He texted me about a million storied on an old phone number but I couldn't read them all. He would have known the Clinton/Obama Dem dirt on Trump before most. He didn't like the Dems. Obamagate would have been a good topic for him. He knew all that kind of stuff.

Comment

I will say another thing about Spaghetti that goes with the title here. Whatever he was into, 3-4x at the time I was actually talking on hands free phone with him, unmarked black cars would be around me. And I'd tell him as they were there. No kidding. I'd say "your buddies in the black unmarked cars are here again". And we had a very big P&D area at that time. And they'd be at all parts of it when I was actually speaking to him on the phone.
                          Maybe he was a Russian colluder or something.LOL. But he wasn't Russian.
                          I told him the next time I see them at a coffee stop I'm gonna tell them they're buying me a coffee for making money following me around.
                          Last edited by slavenomore; 05-14-2020, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slavenomore View Post
                            I think somebody did call him that too. I don't know if that was a nickname or username. I know he used Spaghetti for his name though.
                            I always called him Noodles and remember Bean? I called him Beanie.

Comment

Working...
                            X