National Coin Shortage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Coin Shortage

Is there a National coin shortage or is it the big banks trying to get us to use more plastic.. IMO we will be living in a cashless society quicker than most think.. Every time you swipe that credit card the banks make money..
    Now Krogers is one of my wife's favorite stores when we travel south.. The story on the internet was like a snowball going downhill.. But there is no coin shortage in the area I live in.. At least where the stores I have been to.. Or maybe it is because of the virus and no one really wants to touch the dirty coins..

This is not a dockered image

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/kr...ercharge-coin/

Re: National Coin Shortage

So what happens to the 59 cents short? Where does it go?

Comment

they have found a way to rob people with out any repercussions. And they look at you like "what do you want" I want my money

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
        Is there a National coin shortage or is it the big banks trying to get us to use more plastic.. IMO we will be living in a cashless society quicker than most think.. Every time you swipe that credit card the banks make money..
        Now Krogers is one of my wife's favorite stores when we travel south.. The story on the internet was like a snowball going downhill.. But there is no coin shortage in the area I live in.. At least where the stores I have been to.. Or maybe it is because of the virus and no one really wants to touch the dirty coins..

The sales tax is 2 cents? I'll sign up for that.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 222lifer View Post

That is Illinois and it seems they even tax food?? Glad to see you want to sign up for it..

Comment

What state charges sales tax on food products ? I don't mean restaurant food, I mean grocery store food.

Comment

I think I will pay with paper money and use a debit card to cover the coin amount lol

Comment

That is Illinois and it seems they even tax food?? Glad to see you want to sign up for it..
                Illinois with an Indiana Pacer logo on the receipt? Bulls fans just died a little.

Comment

I'll bet the difference was credited to a "rewards" card used for fuel purchases or in store discount or credit.

Comment

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
                    What state charges sales tax on food products ? I don't mean restaurant food, I mean grocery store food.
                    Utah charges sales tax on all purchases.

Comment

Illinois with an Indiana Pacer logo on the receipt? Bulls fans just died a little.

I'll bet the difference was credited to a "rewards" card used for fuel purchases or in store discount or credit.

Could "snopes.com" possibly be wrong?? And here I thought they were the fact checker god from the left..

Comment

Could "snopes.com" possibly be wrong?? And here I thought they were the fact checker god from the left..
                        You said it was Illinois. I simply mentioned the Pacer logo on the receipt. Our Smith's stores are Kroger owned and our rewards cards might be receiving the change. I don't use cash at the store so I will inquire next time I go shopping.

Comment

You said it was Illinois. I simply mentioned the Pacer logo on the receipt. Our Smith's stores are Kroger owned and our rewards cards might be receiving the change. I don't use cash at the store so I will inquire next time I go shopping.

The Snopes link said it was Illinois ..I assumed they were correct as they are the "go to" to get the facts for the left..

Comment

Utah charges sales tax on all purchases.
                            At least we get a break on that in Jersey. No tax on food at the grocery store.

On another note, the comment about the extra money is in the article. ( even if it came from snopes ) It says it goes on your Kroger card and can be redeemed on the next purchase.

Comment

The Snopes link said it was Illinois ..I assumed they were correct as they are the "go to" to get the facts for the left..
                              I see. It was Snopes and not you. Let's break this down. We have a Pacers logo, on a store receipt, from a town in Illinois, near the Indiana border, as proof that Snopes has it all wrong? This might be a bit of a stretch here but maybe, just maybe, that Kroger location might be big fans of the Pacers and not the Bulls?

Comment

Working...
                              X