X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teamsters, UPS Agree to COVID-19 MOU

https://teamster.org/news/2020/03/te...FEomQjXdefAwVg

Teamsters, UPS Agree to COVID-19 MOU

The Teamsters UPS and UPS Freight National Negotiating Committees and UPS have reached an agreement to protect members at UPS and UPS Freight who may be affected by the Coronavirus (COVID-19).

In summary, the agreement provides for paid leave for any worker who is diagnosed with COVID-19 and is required to be quarantined or if they are quarantined due to a family member’s illness.

While on leave, the pay will be:

8 hours per work day for a Full-Time employee, max of 10 work days;
    For UPS workers only: 3.5 hours per work day for a Part-Time employee, max of 10 work days;
    *For UPS Freight workers only: 4 hours per work day for Part-Time employee, max of 10 work days.
    **For UPS CSI part-time employees, your local addenda guarantee will be applied.
    Health and Welfare and Pension contributions will be made as required by the supplement for these hours;
    If an employee self-quarantines, uses paid time off (PTO), and is later diagnosed with COVID-19, the company will re-populate the Paid-Time-Off up to the 80/35 hours.
    X-post to Package

Re: Teamsters, UPS Agree to COVID-19 MOU

A lot of Companies are doing this not all are union many non-union companies are doing it.....But, recently we were told here at UPS Freight that they are laying-off people (3) three to start ( More to come on a Hard Lay-off, which meanpeole they will not call you even if they need someone) I as the alternate steward went to management thinking that we could rotate(people taking days off to keep everyone working) the manager like that idea, propose it to upper management and they said no, (3) three must go...you see after a week off you lose your health insurance...are TM said that the union and company have come to agreement that you can use your vacation time, but have to use a full week not one day at a time, which the contract said you can do if you have more than two weeks vacation and they also say you can not use your discretionary days (Sick time, personal time) one day a week must be taken all at once ( you see IMO, if you take just one day a week, and they take are co-payment out of the check as far as am concern your cover so it seems the soul purpose of this is for the Company to get out of paying your health insurance (remember UPS, maybe not freight, is a Muti-billion dollar company)

And what happens if you burn all your time and get sick in the fall or summer( when you come back to work) and it's not the virus?

And yes you can now get unemployment pay(which is livable) and only have to pay something like 30% of Cobra...but UPS can afford to pay are insurance IMO...it's kinda like the bailout, the Muti-billion dollar company has the money, but let the tax payer and employee pick up the tab.

IMO ....UPS should change it's name to POS that's right!!!

P.S. And it's said that the UNION agreed to this...can't get a hold at anyone at the hall..to see it that true?

Comment

Originally posted by Sayheykid View Post
      A lot of Companies are doing this not all are union many non-union companies are doing it.....But, recently we were told here at UPS Freight that they are laying-off people (3) three to start ( More to come on a Hard Lay-off, which meanpeole they will not call you even if they need someone) I as the alternate steward went to management thinking that we could rotate(people taking days off to keep everyone working) the manager like that idea, propose it to upper management and they said no, (3) three must go...you see after a week off you lose your health insurance...are TM said that the union and company have come to agreement that you can use your vacation time, but have to use a full week not one day at a time, which the contract said you can do if you have more than two weeks vacation and they also say you can not use your discretionary days (Sick time, personal time) one day a week must be taken all at once ( you see IMO, if you take just one day a week, and they take are co-payment out of the check as far as am concern your cover so it seems the soul purpose of this is for the Company to get out of paying your health insurance (remember UPS, maybe not freight, is a Muti-billion dollar company)

And what happens if you burn all your time and get sick in the fall or summer( when you come back to work) and it's not the virus?

And yes you can now get unemployment pay(which is livable) and only have to pay something like 30% of Cobra...but UPS can afford to pay are insurance IMO...it's kinda like the bailout, the Muti-billion dollar company has the money, but let the tax payer and employee pick up the tab.

P.S. And it's said that the UNION agreed to this...can't get a hold at anyone at the hall..to see it that true?
      I agree with you on that UPS is a POS company. Always have been and always will be. Employees earn every time they get paid. And yes I would continue to call the union until you get an answer. One of the top UPS people was in Washington along with FredEx standing next to Trump at his press conference.
      Trump thank them and she went on to say it was all the UPS employees needed to be thanked .. Guess she was lying. This corporate thugs don't give a sh*t any employee. And this insurance thing should be brought up to the President. I know one press conference it was asked but only got an answer is that they are looking at it. Sometimes I have to admit this would be a great time to have everyone insured. I am gonna get a message out to my representatives about this.. (Seems I have them on speed dial). Although they have limited people working there are some there. Good luck and stay safe.
      Last edited by crazy; 03-31-2020, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
        I agree with you on that UPS is a POS company. Always have been and always will be. Employees earn every time they get paid. And yes I would continue to call the union until you get an answer. One of the top UPS people was in Washington along with FredEx standing next to Trump at his press conference.
        Trump thank them and she went on to say it was all the UPS employees needed to be thanked .. Guess she was lying. This corporate thugs don't give a sh*t any employee. And this insurance thing should be brought up to the President. I know one press conference it was asked but only got an answer is that they are looking at it. Sometimes I have to admit this would be a great time to have everyone insured. I am gonna get a message out to my representatives about this.. (Seems I have them on speed dial). Although they have limited people working there are some there. Good luck and stay safe.
        As I was out today and listening to the news the story about medical for the unemployed came up and someone did mention about cobra and also to the healthcare marketplace on the web.. It was said there is suppose to be a section for those effected by Covid19.. Hope this helps..

Comment

Still haven't heard from the hall, what's knew.......here's a parcel driver talking about lack of protection..

https://www.westernmassnews.com/news...2137be40f.html

Comment

Still haven't heard from the hall, what's knew.......here's a parcel driver talking about lack of protection..

https://www.westernmassnews.com/news...2137be40f.html
            I talked this week to our UPS driver and he said a few weeks back they did have one guy test positive. But he has been out of work for almost three weeks already..He unloaded inbound trailers.. He said all they did was clean facility when all the package trucks were out making deliveries and from what I got out of UPS seemed to down play it..

Comment

Yes what we have been told is true and the Union is in on it...unbelievable. nice job Chris Taylor.

Comment

That's is ridiculous. I will say New Penn handles it much better. At least at our terminal. Slow days they call by start time by seniority and ask if you want a paid day or unpaid or if you want to work. That's a better idea for all people involved. Daily as to what is needed by everybody. The company, the employee and the customers.
                No insurance after 1 week?
                Sometimes I wonder why any union rep would allow something so stupid in a contract to even be pit to membership for vote in a contract.
                Use a full week for guys by forcing layoff or burning vacation?
                If the Whole system crashes and burns when this whole covid 19 things slows and stops due to all the businesses being closed...and all the debt by everybody, and the companies, and the government........the sick powermongers behind this kind of bullying have themselves to thank. When nobody wants it back or nobody wants it anymore and they all lose their precious power and money and investments....they can take a long hard look into the mirror.

Comment

Sold down the river by the goon squad again,.......

How many times do we have to have that happen before the membership sees the truth and has had enough and dumps these clowns??

Comment

Seem UPS has had a change of heart....

TeamCare Extends Health Benefits for Laid-Off Members - Teamsters for a Democratic Union

Comment

Originally posted by Walleye View Post
                      Sold down the river by the goon squad again,.......

How many times do we have to have that happen before the membership sees the truth and has had enough and dumps these clowns??
                      I have been saying for years Hoffa and Company must go....I was talking to are TM a couple of weeks ago...and she was complaining of are Stoneham, Ma. Terminal...they always get what they want and they file on everything and win....told her local 25 represents them and the President of that local is running for President of the Teamsters Union...she just said ..oh-no...I just chuckle to myself..hope thing change with Sean..we shall see.

Comment

Working...
                      X