What I learned today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I learned today...

I've had a Maytag dryer for over 15 years , had to replace the heater element one time,
    other than that , no problems. The only thing I didn't like was that I could not hear
    the chime when it was done. The dryer is in the basement so I would go down
    to check and see if it was done.

A couple loads per week and up and down the stairs at least once per load to see
    if it was done. All those years...all those trips up and down the stairs , because
    the chime wasn't loud enough.

Today...today...I noticed the chime has a VOLUME CONTROL !

Well..duh.

Re: What I learned today...

Originally posted by x475 View Post
    I've had a Maytag dryer for over 15 years , had to replace the heater element one time,
    other than that , no problems. The only thing I didn't like was that I could not hear
    the chime when it was done. The dryer is in the basement so I would go down
    to check and see if it was done.

A couple loads per week and up and down the stairs at least once per load to see
    if it was done. All those years...all those trips up and down the stairs , because
    the chime wasn't loud enough.

Today...today...I noticed the chime has a VOLUME CONTROL !

Well..duh.
    Our dryer is squeaking again. I've replaced plastic bearings(I think they are called) on a couple other ones we had. Time to do it again. Loud squeaking with every turn of the drum.

Comment

I bet that squeaking drives you nuts

Comment

Originally posted by x475 View Post
        I bet that squeaking drives you nuts
        Have to order the parts now. Had an appliance parts store in the county but it left recently.
        If you dry one outfit you need it don't squeak. But 2 outfits it starts. And a full load is like fingers on a chalkboard.

The parts are glides not bearings.
        Last edited by slavenomore; 06-27-2020, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by slavenomore View Post
          Our dryer is squeaking again. I've replaced plastic bearings(I think they are called) on a couple other ones we had. Time to do it again. Loud squeaking with every turn of the drum.
          Husband had to do that with ours last November. The pulleys were actually wearing out and were completely not sitting on each other properly. Horrible noise!

Comment

Working...
          X