X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor has it .....

Rumor has it .....

That United Road is moving 'en force' and 'en bulk' into Ontario and Quebec, Canada. Anybody know what's up with this ? How do you make a move like that (if it's true) without a contract .... or do they HAVE a contract ??? Last I heard was that the only thing up for bid anytime soon in the Great White North is some Ford work in the summer. Anybody ? Bueller ? Anybody ? Bueller ? ... Bueller ... ?

(Sorry ... I watched 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' last night after work because there was absolutely NOTHING else on ... that line sorta stuck .... )

Cheers

SL

Re: Rumor has it .....

Nice Thread Title. lol

Comment

Is this the Official Carhaul Rumor Thread?

Comment

It's true in Ontario. We lost work at both Ford plants to them. I hear they were only given a 6 month contract by Ford which is up in May I believe. Hopefully we can get that work back.

Comment

Originally posted by MULER View Post
          Nice Thread Title. lol
          .... credit where it's due, Bro. This thread title could apply anywhere !!!!

Cheers

SL

Comment

Is it true that ford gave allied a 6 month contract that ends may 31st, the same day allied is supposed to give the employees back the 17.5 % pay cut,plus 40 cent raise,and cost of living raise.What does ford know? Is this another pts situation lining up for allied? Has anybody heard anything about that?

Comment

This is no rumor,just got done reading the want ad's and united road is hiring drivers in ohio and michigan,they have been awarded 25 million in new business,2010 will be best in their history. Looking for company and o/o drivers. No b/s or rumor it's in the paper.

Comment

Originally posted by crash View Post
                Is it true that ford gave allied a 6 month contract that ends may 31st, the same day allied is supposed to give the employees back the 17.5 % pay cut,plus 40 cent raise,and cost of living raise.What does ford know? Is this another pts situation lining up for allied? Has anybody heard anything about that?
                Welcome to teamstersonline crash. Glad to have you here.

Good points you raise, will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Comment

Ok, so I have a couple of things to add to this thread. First of all, if anybody who thinks Allied is not going out of business on May 31, 2010 they are soarly mistaken. Allied never intended to reinstate the 17.5%. All they wanted was to steal harded earned Teamster money and give themselves bonuses. There is no "snap back" clause here guys I am sorry to tell you. We tried to tell you guys this three years ago and 49% of Allied listened. I feel bad for those guys. Hopefully most of Allied's business will get picked up by a union carrier.

So speaking of "union carrier's", the rumor now is that JCT is in negotiation's to purchase Cassen's Transport, Sierra Mountain, and two other small non-union carriers. How's that for a rumor?!

Comment

Well anything is possible when T. Michael Riggs is involved.

http://www.iequitypartners.com/team.html
                    Last edited by mudflap560; 03-17-2010, 07:08 PM. Reason: add link

Comment

Originally posted by MULER View Post
                      Nice Thread Title. lol
                      BTW Bro ..... sorry to steal your thunder. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by mudflap560 View Post
                        Is this the Official Carhaul Rumor Thread?
                        At the risk of blowing my own horn, I'd say you're right. This thread title has a serious future in the Car Haul forum .... read on ....

SL

Comment

Here's another one:

Rumor has it .... that Cooper is planning on buying SeaRail here in Canada. That would give them Canada coast to coast. Terminals, trucks, contracts, and drivers. SeaRail is currently owned by Livingston Freight which, apparently, is trying to sell off their Car Haul division after only buying into it last year.

Anybody want to weigh in on that one ? Curently, at least around here, SeaRail is looking for drivers.

SL

Comment

Originally posted by Speedloader View Post
                            Here's another one:

Rumor has it .... that Cooper is planning on buying SeaRail here in Canada. That would give them Canada coast to coast. Terminals, trucks, contracts, and drivers. SeaRail is currently owned by Livingston Freight which, apparently, is trying to sell off their Car Haul division after only buying into it last year.

Anybody want to weigh in on that one ? Curently, at least around here, SeaRail is looking for drivers.

SL
                            Like I said before..http://teamstersonline.com/forums/ca...tml#post111061...anythings possible with T. Michael Riggs in the picture.
                            Last edited by mudflap560; 03-18-2010, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Just loving all the rumors,hopefully cassen's which is now the only family owned carrier won't give up so they can listen to a bunch of stock owner's that haven't got a clue as to what is involved in carhaul.All they want is the money.(ie greed). Also sometimes I don't think ford knows what it's doing on moving freight.They get into a pi**ing contest with the rail,move it from there to another rail head, and a month later put some of it back where it was before,

Comment

Working...
                              X