This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oak Harbor Employees - PLEASE READ

It has been brought to the attention of the staff about Oak Harbor Google Ad links to jobs that may pop up on pages at Teamstersonline.com. The following is an explanation of our stance, how this works, and what you can do to bring this to a screeching halt.

OUR STANCE
    First and most importantly, let it be known that Oak Harbor Freight Lines is ABSOLUTELY NOT paying the owner of Teamstersonline.com to advertise for job openings. Teamstersonline.com does not support any type of this activity, nor do they appreciate what scabs do to undermine the working conditions of hard working, honest, Teamsters in any trade.

HOW THIS WORKS
    For lack of a better term, there are "Google robots" searching every word of every page on this site. They are doing this every second of every day. Once they find a unique word, their task is to bring back an ad that relates to that word, and put it in a link on the side of the pages. Naturally, in this forum, the words oak and harbor are very unique, especially in this combination. As a possibility, the robots could bring back a website ad about a bed and breakfast in Oak Harbor, Washington, if there was one of course.

WHAT YOU CAN DO
    Oak Harbor employees, and others who wish to help their fellow Teamsters, can stop this as it occurs. What you need to do to help stop this is...Put your mouse over the ad link and right click the ad and then select "copy shortcut" then paste that link in the body of an email, and send it to [email protected], or [email protected].
    The webmaster will take care of it from there, and that link will not come back as an ad at Teamstersonline.com. Please keep in mind that these will pop up from time to time, but they can dwindle down to nothing with your constant vigilance and action.
    If you have any other questions that haven't been addressed or have trouble reporting a link, please don't hesitate to send them to one of the above email addresses.
    Thank you for coming to and posting at Teamstersonline.com.

Last edited by Jimmy; 12-05-2008, 12:57 PM. Reason: get in line with google TOS

Re: Oak Harbor Employees - PLEASE READ

One member just got banned from the site. There is a forum wide announcement at the top of each forum. Please read it and help me on this.

Advertisers do not pay me. I get paid by Google. The ads you see are paying Google. Not me period......
    Last edited by Jimmy; 12-14-2008, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Are people here going after you because of these ads? What is the deal cause I couldn't really understand the reason for the post. I am just guessing that is what is happening. And if this is the cause, that really sucks that is happening.

Comment

Anyone that knows anything about forums knows that these ads we see are random and have nothing to with the actual website. I hope the founders are not getting flack cause that would be unfounded and stupid.

Comment

I have got a nasty PM's and I deleted a few posts because of the ads. The want to cry and threaten to tell all the know that this site is supporting scabs and they have no idea what is going on. Even after this thread that Pullin3 started 1 week ago. I made the above post and also the announcement so all would know how to help me and to warn any future cry baby what will happen if the open there mouth about is.

Comment

Ha you supporting a scab yeah like that would ever happen! They must not know this forum very well if they think that. Sorry you had to get those nasty PM's certainly not called for!!

Comment

Originally posted by Teamster View Post
              I have got a nasty PM's and I deleted a few posts because of the ads. The want to cry and threaten to tell all the know that this site is supporting scabs and they have no idea what is going on. Even after this thread that Pullin3 started 1 week ago. I made the above post and also the announcement so all would know how to help me and to warn any future cry baby what will happen if the open there mouth about is.

That is just absolutely ludicrous. It makes you wonder. There are alot of adult children running around out there. Hopefully you can weed them out. To even have a need for this thread is unbelievable. I have yet to be amazed by the stupidity that runs around sometimes.

Comment

Re - Adult Children: I can't remember if it was Bob Barker or Jeff Forworthy that advises us to: "Have your stupid relatives spayed and neutered". Next "company" meeting folks, time to walk around with the clippers

Speedloader

ps - sorry for assisting in the hijacking of the thread with a 'painful' 'smilie'

SL
                Last edited by ; 12-15-2008, 11:36 PM. Reason: post script

Comment

Working...
                X