Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    THEBIGSHOW

Default re: Consolidated Freightways

make DETrob second, i finally found it but i had to wait 2 weeks because the only copy had to be shipped from THE ohio state university,just got it today and he's right it is a very hard book to find, i think i have the only public copy of it in ohio!

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Hey a NMFA contract book valued at $ 4.00 will only outline the ways a compsny is going to spank your backside. But a book giving you the process form the inside is priceless. Good job Pullin3. Let the nightmares start.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired; OHFL

Default Good Reading About the Rise and Fall of CF

4. Likes slavenomore, fxstc07 Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Without creating another thread, I felt posting this story here was best. Post #7 mentions a book about CF, so this interesting short history of the company fits right in. Some great old pictures in the story too.

Online Haul of Fame: Consolidated Freightways (CF Freight)
    If you had to name one of the most influential companies in trucking history, Consolidated Freightways (CF) would be near the top. While the trucking company, CF is no longer with us, the legacy of CF lives on through the companies it spun off, including Freightliner, CNF (which became part of XPO) and Purolator International.
    CF Freight, affectionately referred to by truckers as “Corn Flakes,” was founded in 1929 under the name Consolidated Freightways by Leland James. The company got its start in Portland, Oregon. The company was founded when James combined four short-haul companies located in Portland into one trucking firm. Once these companies were combined, James focused on expanding their reach.
    Read the article here: https://www.freightwaves.com/news/on...aul-of-fame-cf

6. Likes slavenomore, fedexnuno, 222lifer Liked this post
    On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Default Re: Good Reading About the Rise and Fall of CF

Quote Originally Posted by RedRollingRoadblock View Post
    I have been thanked for reposting your find RRR.

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Re: Consolidated Freightways

Check out this interesting old article from August 1984 about CF using doubles.

TANDEM TRUCK GREETED WITH BOOS
    The crowd booed when a truck with a 45-foot-long trailer pulled out onto Oak Tree Road. They booed even louder when a tandem truck, hauling two 28-foot trailers, pulled out behind it.
    Consolidated Freightways, which wants to use tandem trucks here, was trying to show that a tandem truck is no worse than other trucks that have been going in and out of the terminal for more than 20 years.
    But the protesters were having none of it. They watched the two kinds of trucks make a right turn on the narrow, winding road and the fact that the tandem truck seemed to have a slightly easier time of it did not mean a thing to them.
    So far, about 90 trucking companies - including Consolidated Freightways Inc. in Palisades - have applied for permission to run on about 200 local roads in order to get to the truck routes. So far, the state has granted 125 requests and refused none.
    https://www.nytimes.com/1984/08/17/n...OiyFpai4uu0VDA

9. Likes 222lifer Liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 3