Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Local Union
    89
    Employer
    Allied
    Posts
    8,599
    Rep Power
    309

    Default Capitalism vs. Socialism

    Capitalism vs. Socialism


    Attachment 828



    1) Socialism benefits the few at the expense of the many: Socialism is superior to capitalism in one primary way: It offers more security. It’s almost like an extremely expensive insurance policy that dramatically cuts into your quality of life, but insures that if worse comes to worse, you won’t drop below a very minimal lifestyle. For the vast majority of people, this would be a terrible deal. On the other hand, if you’re lazy, completely incompetent or alternately, just have a streak of very bad luck, the meager benefits provided by socialism may be very appealing. So a socialist society forces the many to suffer in order to make it easier for the few. It’s just as
    Winston Churchill once noted, “The inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries.”

    2) Capitalism encourages entrepreneurship while socialism discourages it: A government in a capitalist economy can quite easily give everyone equality of opportunity with a few basic laws and regulations, but socialism strives to create equality of results. This should frighten people who value their freedom because ultimately, as F.A. Hayek has noted, “A claim for equality of material position can be met only by a government with totalitarian powers.” You can see this happening in America as our efforts to reduce “inequality” have led to an ever expanding government and a vast regulatory tangle that is almost unexplainable despite the fact that it is certainly enforceable. Capitalism encourages people to start a business and build a better life for themselves while socialism lays in wait with IRS agents, nooses made of red tape and meddling bureaucrats looking for businesses to control and loot.
    Last edited by strapdrager; 02-26-2016 at 11:35 AM.

  2. #2
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Local Union
    404
    Employer
    UPS Freight
    Location
    Springfield,Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,870
    Rep Power
    207

    Default Re: Capitalism vs. Socialism

    Understanding Marxism and Socialism with Richard Wolff a Professor Emeritus of Economist at UMass, Amherst...

    :( Understanding Marxism and Socialism with Richard Wolff:(:(:( ::( Information Clearing House - ICH


    Video is about 30 minutes long, must watch IMO......

  3. Likes wizard Liked this post
  4. #3
    bean
    Guest

    Default Re: Capitalism vs. Socialism

    Socialism: income inequality, wealth distribution, tax Wall Street to help the poor and where the low skilled not educated earn what Wall Street bankers earn, will make America great a-gain


  5. #4
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Local Union
    404
    Employer
    UPS Freight
    Location
    Springfield,Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,870
    Rep Power
    207

    Default Re: Capitalism vs. Socialism

    Here's more on what Capitalism does, the story of Ireland and the great "Famine" IMO the Monarchy system and the the Capitalist system are one and the same, and are history books are just pure propaganda to keep us enslaved and obedient workers....

    :(The Real Irish American Story Not Taught in Schools:(:(:( ::( Information Clearing House - ICH


    "Thomas Gallagher points out in Paddy’s Lament, that during the first winter of famine, 1846-47, as perhaps 400,000 Irish peasants starved, landlords exported 17 million pounds sterling worth of grain, cattle, pigs, flour, eggs, and poultry—food that could have prevented those deaths. Throughout the famine, as Gallagher notes, there was an abundance of food produced in Ireland, yet the landlords exported it to markets abroad."

  6. Likes wizard, crazy Liked this post
  7. #5
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Local Union
    560
    Employer
    ABF Freightway
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,753
    Rep Power
    104

    Default Re: Capitalism vs. Socialism

    Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    Socialism: income inequality, wealth distribution, tax Wall Street to help the poor and where the low skilled not educated earn what Wall Street bankers earn, will make America great a-gain

    The Lame Deflection Sound Bites and Talking Points Blog is OVER THERE STUPID.

    Once again,Your BS outsells ''FACTS'' every day of the Week.

    OK Stupid,Counter these ''FACTS'' with more of your BS Spanky,Come on big mouth,let us in on ''YOUR WISDOM,KNOWLEDGE and (yuk-yuk)EDUCATION.

    The Fed
    Senator Elizabeth Warren Asks Jack Lew, Who Owned an Offshore Account at Citigroup, to Investigate Panama Papers

    Next one is a total Joke.
    Shelby

    The ''WITNESSES'' are all ''BANK LOBBYISTS''.The one academic is from Mercatus.Shelby knows better.When Barofsky was Inspector General for the Tarp Program,Shelby ''BACKED'' Barofsky not the Banks.Gee,Do you think ''MAYBE'' he was ''BOUGHT OFF''.The Author is also Wondering about Sherrod Brown from Ohio,whom I've always Respected.He's been pretty quiet ever since he ''ENDORSED'' Hillary.

    CAPITALISM at it's FINEST Spanky!!

    ''The average person is Stupid,and 50% of them are Dumber than that''
    George Carlin

  8. #6
    bean
    Guest

    Default Re: Capitalism vs. Socialism

    ''The average person is Stupid,and 50% of them are Dumber than that''
    George Carlin is about the only thing you ever posted that was true. You're just an average person there johnny. Definitely not a wizard. When you use Senator Elizabeth Warren and Jack Lew in the same sentence you're talking big time stupidity.

    Equality is the American way as far as race, gender, religion, etc but only those who are dependent on others for their lively-hood would favor socialism. That's you stupid, you feel you're entitled to something from the government. The socialist government has control when you need them, johnny. Wise up, say no to Bernie Sanders and go out there and make it on you own

  9. #7
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Local Union
    89
    Employer
    Allied
    Posts
    8,599
    Rep Power
    309

    Default Re: Capitalism vs. Socialism

    Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    The Lame Deflection Sound Bites and Talking Points Blog is OVER THERE STUPID.

    Once again,Your BS outsells ''FACTS'' every day of the Week.

    OK Stupid,Counter these ''FACTS'' with more of your BS Spanky,Come on big mouth,let us in on ''YOUR WISDOM,KNOWLEDGE and (yuk-yuk)EDUCATION.

    The Fed
    Senator Elizabeth Warren Asks Jack Lew, Who Owned an Offshore Account at Citigroup, to Investigate Panama Papers

    Next one is a total Joke.
    Shelby

    The ''WITNESSES'' are all ''BANK LOBBYISTS''.The one academic is from Mercatus.Shelby knows better.When Barofsky was Inspector General for the Tarp Program,Shelby ''BACKED'' Barofsky not the Banks.Gee,Do you think ''MAYBE'' he was ''BOUGHT OFF''.The Author is also Wondering about Sherrod Brown from Ohio,whom I've always Respected.He's been pretty quiet ever since he ''ENDORSED'' Hillary.

    CAPITALISM at it's FINEST Spanky!!

    ''The average person is Stupid,and 50% of them are Dumber than that''
    George Carlin
    CAPITALISM at it's FINEST Spanky!!

    Crony capitalism to be exact. Big difference. Big Gov and Big business one in the same.

    Socialism bigger Government that acts by force that infringes on the constitution, freedom and liberty of the people.
    You are being directed to take this path. Make life hard and they will riot in the streets for socialism, Government control.

  10. #8
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Local Union
    89
    Employer
    Allied
    Posts
    8,599
    Rep Power
    309

    Default Re: Capitalism vs. Socialism

    FBI Terrorist Alert: Beware of Those Who 'Reference the Constitution or Bible'

    Attachment 879

  11. #9
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Local Union
    560
    Employer
    ABF Freightway
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,753
    Rep Power
    104

    Default Re: Capitalism vs. Socialism

    Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    George Carlin is about the only thing you ever posted that was true. You're just an average person there johnny. Definitely not a wizard. When you use Senator Elizabeth Warren and Jack Lew in the same sentence you're talking big time stupidity.

    Equality is the American way as far as race, gender, religion, etc but only those who are dependent on others for their lively-hood would favor socialism. That's you stupid, you feel you're entitled to something from the government. The socialist government has control when you need them, johnny. Wise up, say no to Bernie Sanders and go out there and make it on you own
    So,your whole ''ARGUMENT'' is ''JUST YOUR OPINION''..........You gotta do better than that Spanky.

    Just as I thought,not ''ONE WORD'' about the Articles I posted. Not ''ONE WORD'' about the ''CORRUPTION'' that ''DWELLS'',that ''FESTERS'',that ''LIVES'' in the ''HEART'' of ''CAPITALISM''.Once again Spanky,come on,''COUNTER''my argument,''DISPUTE'' my ''FACTS''.Tell me its all on the ''UP and ''UP''.You must have something in your vast ''REPERTOIRE'' of ''KNOWLEDGE''about the articles I posted,about''CAPITALISM''.You can't and you won't. After all is said and done Spanky,your just a ''MESSENGER BOY'',a ''BAG MAN'' for the ''CORPORATE OVERLORDS''.After all this time you still don't get it,do you Spanky?''THE GAME IS RIGGED'' and ''THEY'' are taking no ''PRISONERS''.They're ''PLAYING'' you Spanky,just like They're ''PLAYING'' all of ''US''.Ah yes,They DANGLE THAT CARROT getting Americans to believe the America Dream is still ''ATTAINABLE''.Used to be that way,no more.

    What's the Answer?I sure as hell don't know.But I do know this,You can't solve complicated problems with ''SIMPLE SOLUTIONS''.The Whole Economy needs to be ''REVAMPED''.Unless ''CAPITALISM'' is ''MODIFIED'' to include other ''STAKEHOLDERS''than ''CORPORATE SHAREHOLDERS'',Nothing Will Change.Tell me Spanky, ''WHO'' out there has the type of ''MACRO-ECONOMIC'' knowledge needed to ''REVAMP CAPITALISM''?

    The New America;

    Is a New Informal Constitution Being Written in Washington? - BillMoyers.com

  12. Likes Sayheykid Liked this post
  13. #10
    Scab Hating Union Thug

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Local Union
    222
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    27,838
    Rep Power
    1175

    Default Re: Capitalism vs. Socialism

    Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    Socialism: income inequality, wealth distribution, tax Wall Street to help the poor and where the low skilled not educated earn what Wall Street bankers earn, will make America great a-gain

    Who said, as you put it, low skilled, not educated, should earn what Wall Street bankers earn? Another sound bite bean?

    Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

  14. Likes Sayheykid Liked this post
 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •